• Guest, The HibeesBounce invites you to enter our Monthly Draw...

Enter our Monthly Draw Here

GGTTH

• hibeesbounce

Just back from the AGM

Jack

Private Member
Reaction score
I'm on my tablet so this will be as brief as the meeting I suspect.

7 o'clock sharp Rod kicked off by going through the CVs of the board.

As we've all had a chance to read or hear of the accounts I'll not even give the highlights! Two questions from one guy. He questioned the openness and transparency of the club after he had written 4 times without response, dealt with personally by Rod and Jamie after the meeting. He also asked about the 200%+ increase in pension contributions to the 2 paid directors. Rod advised that their remuneration package was dealt with by a group and deemed to be fair to both the club and paid directors. These payments shouldn't be taken in isolation.

7:12pm and the official part of the AGM was done and dusted.

Leeann took the floor.

Leeann looks at what she said last year, I wasn't there, but she pretty much said it's much of the same.

We are in plan and on target.

We want to be regularly in Europe. That means top 4 and/or cup.

Do well on player trading.

Our vision is to make supporters proud of their club.

The football department delivered last season playing good football.

Could have easily been second but ended up a creditable 4th in our first season back which meant European football. Best we've done for ages.

Great home form.

Great support both STs and walk ups regularly mentioned.

Off the pitch a special mention to the Hibernian Community Foundation. Sensational year, huge transformation.

Game Changer working from the FF Monday to Friday. Picking up awards all over the place.

Questions to Neil.

Can you do the airplane?

Do you want me banned again?
Big one or little one ... he asked ... but did neither!

Do you want to make any signings in January?

Yes, 10. Then gesturing to the board "Look at how white they've all gone!"

" always looking for improving the squad.
He's happy with the balance we have.
Have to look and see what happens if the loan players leave, we'd be looking to replace.

Doesn't want a squad bigger than 22/23.

On [youth] player development.

We want to drip feed players in. Can't have too many in at once.

Ryan is an inspiration to all the other young players at the club.

There were no more questions asked for NL.

Any other questions.

If we had been successful in Europe we would have been playing in Russia with attendant visa issues. Could UEFA maybe help.
Not likely I think was the answer to that.

Are we happy with Ticketmaster?

95% of the time. Club themselves have issues! Let's see what this working group come up with.

There were seriously no further questions. The board made themselves available for private chats.

The meeting closed at 7:35pm.

Good summary Jack.

The pies were good eh?

Lewis has been offered a new contract.

SDG will be having a chat.

Others will be getting a chat too. I got the impression that included players whose contracts were not up at the end of the season.

Good summary Jack.

The pies were good eh?

Pies are always good. If they were as good as that around the stadium we'd be getting awards for them instead of regular threads on here and particularly dotnet saying how shite the food was at the kiosks!

Thanks for the update

Very much appreciated

Cheers jack...
Sounded like a great laugh [emoji23][emoji23]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Cheers jack...
Sounded like a great laugh [emoji23][emoji23]

Neil Lennon aside it was pretty non eventful!!

Thanks all!!!

Oh aye, it was also mentioned that it cost the club a couple of hundred grand to extinguish Stokesie.

Must be one of the easiest ones for years....Good to see the club in such a good place.

Oh aye, it was also mentioned that it cost the club a couple of hundred grand to extinguish Stokesie.

Bloody hell.

I'm surprised there was no mention of loyalty points given the recent issues with Hearts away tickets!

No point. It’s been made very clear from the top that loyalty points are not coming back. Silly not to legitimately engage with the fans in my opinion but that is the current state of play. Other than that hard to find much fault with the board or club and all going nicely in the right direction. Challenge is momentum and progress , very hard in football

Wow. That is ... significant.

Cheers for the summary @Jack

The accountant chap in dotnet has pointed out that the Stokes payoff was only part of the £200k [although it seems a fairly substantial part].

The £200k is the balance of player ins and outs and will include a few items.

I think Jamie Marwick pointed to a £220k deficit which he commented in a meaningful way was ‘substantially regarding Stokes’ so I reckon £200k is a decent guess.

Of course it could be more if there was a big positive sum in there too......

I think Jamie Marwick pointed to a £220k deficit which he commented in a meaningful way was ‘substantially regarding Stokes’ so I reckon £200k is a decent guess.

If he was on a 2 year contract at £3.5K a week (just guesses, no inside knowledge) then it wouldn't be outwith the realms of possibility that he could paid half his contract to leave? That would roughly be a year at £3.5k - £182K

You can argue the merits of that back and forward...

If he was on a 2 year contract at £3.5K a week (just guesses, no inside knowledge) then it wouldn't be outwith the realms of possibility that he could paid half his contract to leave? That would roughly be a year at £3.5k - £182K

You can argue the merits of that back and forward...

For me, his performance on the 21st of May 2016 makes it £200,000 well spent!

I wonder if he wasn't the legend that is Anthony Stokes that we would have quickly stumped up hard cash freeing him to move on after his many missdemeanors?

I wonder if he wasn't the legend that is Anthony Stokes that we would have quickly stumped up hard cash freeing him to move on after his many missdemeanors?
Nah. He pushed Lenny to many times and Stubbs before. Club had to bin him.

Nah. He pushed Lenny to many times and Stubbs before. Club had to bin him.

We have a top employment lawyer on the board, should have been easy to sack if he did what is alleged. Verbal warning, written warning. Oot

Stokes would have been on big wages with Hibs...he would likely have been our top earner. Given that he still had a fair amount left on his contract I'm not too surprised it cost us a big whack to pay him off. Guy has major problems but what a player he was when he was in the mood. Forever a Hibs legend for what he done for us leading up to and of course including 21/5/2016.

The 2 hours of pleasure on 21/5/16 was easily worth that and more for us , its certainly a day I'll never forget . Make no mistake Stokes won us that final

I've just re-read my summary.

Leeann did make a special mention of our away supporters both in Europe and domestically. You have brought noise and colour to our away games.

For Hibs to stump up that amount of cash to get shot of Stokes shows just how badly the club wanted rid of him. As well as the multitude of personal problems Stokes is a notoriously inconsistent player who was on big money and a lengthy contract. I get the feeling that his party piece in Portugal might have been just the opportunity the board was waiting on to get him off the wage bill.

He'll mibby pay us back when he returns:dance:

For Hibs to stump up that amount of cash to get shot of Stokes shows just how badly the club wanted rid of him. As well as the multitude of personal problems Stokes is a notoriously inconsistent player who was on big money and a lengthy contract. I get the feeling that his party piece in Portugal might have been just the opportunity the board was waiting on to get him off the wage bill.
Don't agree with your inconsistency comment

Is he applying for one of the kiosk jobs like?

Don't agree with your inconsistency comment
He was one of the most inconsistent players I've ever seen at ER. If he was in the mood he was brilliant. If he couldn't be arsed he was anonymous. You never got the same performance two games running.

He was one of the most inconsistent players I've ever seen at ER. If he was in the mood he was brilliant. If he couldn't be arsed he was anonymous. You never got the same performance two games running.
Opinions eh

Opinions eh

Stokes is on [emoji91] [emoji91] [emoji91]

Stokes is on [emoji91] [emoji91] [emoji91]

I thought Stokes was generally good even if he didn't score. Overall I think Flo is a better player than Stokes so delighted it's worked out so well. Saying in the media Stokes has signed on for 4 years in Iran and has been doing well.

In 4 years time? . He's signed a 4 year deal in Iran.

This thread has been viewed 3993 times.

Your donation helps pay for our dedicated server and software support renewals. We really do appreciate it!
Goal
£100.00
Earned
£28.75