Just back and we are going to win the league.....

Right, that is me settled and ready to explain, at 3-1 down to a poor Carlisle team with 10 to go and looking clueless there were a few moans coming from the large, very loud and half pished Hibs support. 3 quick goals later Bounday Park was echoing to the sound of 'We're gonnae win the league' from the Hibs support. The ups and doons of watching Hibernian eh.

Arriving a good hour before kick off, we discovered an excellent wee bakers between the club shop and away end entrance, Meat Pies and a Lentil and Bacon soup purchased we sat on a wee wall to munch. The pie was excellent, it was as if it had been filled with Stovies. The lentil soup wisnae bad either. 2 meat pies, 1 sausage roll, one lentil soup and a £1 Haribo mixture, £5.60, good start.

Into the ground, cheap bar under the stand and approximately half the hibs support on the peeve. 1875 Junior had his first pint in a fitba ground, 1875 senior being designated driver had a a haribo. Noisy does not begin to describe the support tonight, they sang from start to finish, although one or two of the songs are for me unacceptable and not what I want to hear from a Hibs end. Half pished, empty heided and tooted up describes far too many of the fans. Singing under the stand for 20 minutes into the second half isnae supportig your team either, that is pissing about with your pals. Each to their own though eh, I was young once, now I am just a moany auld Hibs Da eating fecking Haribos as the young team get pished.

The game, well it was another guess who is playing where show. Marciano in Goal, James Right Back, Daz and Jacko in the middle, Smackie at left back, Mallan in front of the four, playing well beside the impressive Campbell, Horgan on the right, Newell left and Flo and Shaw through the middle. Many changes second half which I will try and go through in a mo. Rocky made a boob early in the game, but we started well, then they scored a decent goal against the run of play. Mallan was running midfield and stood out although ably supported by the very impressive Campbell, Daz disnae play friendlies, Jackson reminds me of Tommy MacIntyre, and Horgan and Flo both gave decent performaces with Flo capping it with a fine strike to equalise.

Half time saw the unimpressive Newell (I think?) swapped for Moon, with more changes made with 20 to go. By then we had let that fandan Pressleys team get ahead with a cracking strike. On came Allan, Murray, and Doige (I think?) for Horgan, Kamberi and Shaw and we actually went 3-1 down to a Daz ok. Boos came from a few dafties, others left. More fool them. In bringing on Allan, Murray and Doige, Hibs looked better, different, driven, more skillfull, and by Sauzee Scotty Allan is a winner, he clearly wants to show the world and those arseholes at Thellick what they have missed, he was magical, again ably supported by the brilliant Fraser Murray new star, Josh Campbell and Christian Doige. First Scotty battered it in to make it three two, Christian Doige then made it 3-3 and with a minute to go Josh Campbell drove home to score the winner, causing mayhem in the Hibs end, less the dafties that had went downstairs or tried for a headstart home. Scenes. Both young Sterling and Doig also got runs outs for the last few minutes in a win that looked unlikely 10 minutes before.

Rocky fluffed at the beginning but wisnae at fault for the goals.

James was as poor as he was decent on Saturday, ponderously slow, this isnae English fitba pal, play with pace, and quick thinking when you play for Hibs. Hope Gray is back soon.

Daz disnae play friendlies, Daz plays fitba, same way every week, ye dinnae mess wi Daz, Daz is YLT.

Jackson is ok, I prefer Hanlon but he will do for me.

Smackie looked lost again tonight.

Mallan was magnificent, covering every blade, pinging passes left right and centre, playing deep and looking like the player we hoped we had signed. I see a beautiful relationship forming between he and Scotty.

I was very, very impressed with Josh Campbell, didnae put a foot wrong all night, scored the winner and looked like he had played for Hibs for 10 years. Well done son!

Daryll Horgan looked dangerous and up for it. Could be aplayer for us this year too.

Newell was rotten, another one who needs to improve, slow of thinking, poor of crossing and easy beat.

Oliie Shaw was poor again, he does try and played a pass to Kamberi tonight because he knew if he didnae Hibs fans would have been baying for blood. I want Oli to succeed, he needs to do more, much, much more.

Flo Kamberi scored a beauty, he second in two games. His touch is also back, but then he is back playing in hs best postition. Another one who could do a lot for Hibernian this year, he had a great attitude.

The scond half....

Moon, no convinced at all, no bad, but Omeonga, Malonga, Agyepong, Barker and McNulty are all far better.

Scott Allan is a joy to watch, his passion tonight won us the game, he has nothing to prove to us, but has a desire to prove who the rela Scott Allan is to other. Brilliant son, brilliant.

Fraser Murray has put on some musle, he complimented Scotty with his desire and ability and was as much responsible for our win as Scotty, great to see that.

I didnae fancy Doige's efforts Saturday, tonight he scored and lead the line well. That will do for me.

Doig got a few minutes, a good laddie, big and strong.

Ben Stirling also got a few minutes, another laddie who does not look out of place in the first team.

I wasnt sure if Heck was there tonight, it looked like Robbie was taking the team, can anyone confirm? Too many changes for me again, regardless of a friendly or not. A blend of both teams will be a damned fine team I think, with one or two youngsters really staking their place the last two games, Stirling and Campbell have both really stood out for me.

The referee had a good game, hassle and incident free.

Steven Pressley is a Hearts bastard, I have no idea about him or his team but they did not impress.

As I mentioned, a large and noisy Hibs support, many pished up or chemically challenged. Drop the shite songs, we dinnae hate England, our manager is English FFS, Stokesy disnae play for us anymore and that prick Skatchel has retired, let it go. Its no big, its no clever and can someone get a good, original modern Scott Allan/ Stevie Mallan song going, it rhymes FFS, come to think about out in Heck is that the wheel, change it to Fraser Murray and Flo Kamberi......Marc McNulty plays for Reading. Good backing though young team, wouldnae like to be you and your heeds when ye wake up for work the morn!

Man of the match, well it was the Artful Grafter Stevie Mallan for me but he was closely pushed by the excellent performance of Josh Campbell, well done son, that was a brilliant starting debut for the first team.

Next Up Stiling Albion on saturday and the crazy plan to make it pay at the gate at the 3800 capacity Forthbank), get there early if you want to get in to see this team that might just stop ten in a row. (The song is now, "We are fucking loaded and we'll stop ten in a row" to the tune of This is how it feels).

See you all on Saturday

• D67F942F-BF16-40FC-B9B6-43233F8DFB02.jpeg
    D67F942F-BF16-40FC-B9B6-43233F8DFB02.jpeg
    229.8 KB · Views: 86
  • E4245A62-D708-4031-9915-F329C024F052.jpeg
    E4245A62-D708-4031-9915-F329C024F052.jpeg
    294.6 KB · Views: 86
  • 4EBE507F-C540-4BB2-8A89-83DC33ACA004.jpeg
    4EBE507F-C540-4BB2-8A89-83DC33ACA004.jpeg
    280.6 KB · Views: 84
  • B6F13C2F-1121-463F-B252-CFFD467A46F4.jpeg
    B6F13C2F-1121-463F-B252-CFFD467A46F4.jpeg
    223.4 KB · Views: 85
  • BA143B59-1D08-401A-BEAB-647F07BB0507.jpeg
    BA143B59-1D08-401A-BEAB-647F07BB0507.jpeg
    244.3 KB · Views: 82
  • F83EFE9B-CD94-47A8-89ED-9B66333D8108.jpeg
    F83EFE9B-CD94-47A8-89ED-9B66333D8108.jpeg
    150.3 KB · Views: 83
  • FF36CF5D-19E8-4887-A136-D919A5474202.jpeg
    FF36CF5D-19E8-4887-A136-D919A5474202.jpeg
    92.4 KB · Views: 78
Allan and Mallan were the Rolls Royces tonight and will be in the weeks and months to come. Agree re Newell, Oli and others who were just not good enough again. Think Rocky looked rusty at the first but the other 2 goals he was blameless. Moon cost us the Daz og and I hope we don't offer him a contract. Not good enough.
As for the dunderheids drinking or snorting on empty heids it was, as you day, embarrassing to hear some of the keech being sung tonight. Nae need. No interested in Stokes' dad, Gonzo Gunts or the cringey anti English stuff - as you point out we had plenty English folk on our team bus. One is at the feckin wheel.
The alcohol and other stuff certainly affected proceedings. Some had been on the lash for 8 hours. It showed. Auld git in front of us was slagging every single player who (in his words) were products of "our fucking terrible academy". He ranted incessantly about shutting it down. Mackie - fucking shite. Campbell- fucking shite. Murray - fucking shite. Oli - really fucking shite. Close the fucking place right down. At the goal he was going on about how Moon had scored as it was "definitely red boots" that hit the ball. You should have seen his face when the laddie in front of him said it was Campbell who'd got the winner.

We've still not seen the first choice 11 start together and so we've no real sense yet of how it will pan out. However, the 2 Rolls Royce players bring me hope and enjoyment. By the way, did you fly home, M? Haribo fuelled? ?

Allan and Mallan were the Rolls Royces tonight and will be in the weeks and months to come. Agree re Newell, Oli and others who were just not good enough again. Think Rocky looked rusty at the first but the other 2 goals he was blameless. Moon cost us the Daz og and I hope we don't offer him a contract. Not good enough.
As for the dunderheids drinking or snorting on empty heids it was, as you day, embarrassing to hear some of the keech being sung tonight. Nae need. No interested in Stokes' dad, Gonzo Gunts or the cringey anti English stuff - as you point out we had plenty English folk on our team bus. One is at the feckin wheel.
The alcohol and other stuff certainly affected proceedings. Some had been on the lash for 8 hours. It showed. Auld git in front of us was slagging every single player who (in his words) were products of "our fucking terrible academy". He ranted incessantly about shutting it down. Mackie - fucking shite. Campbell- fucking shite. Murray - fucking shite. Oli - really fucking shite. Close the fucking place right down. At the goal he was going on about how Moon had scored as it was "definitely red boots" that hit the ball. You should have seen his face when the laddie in front of him said it was Campbell who'd got the winner.

We've still not seen the first choice 11 start together and so we've no real sense yet of how it will pan out. However, the 2 Rolls Royce players bring me hope and enjoyment. By the way, did you fly home, M? Haribo fuelled? ?

I did go rather fast, yes! Car needed a wee blast to ehh clean the pipes!

Thanks again for the Just Back. I agree entirely about the young guys and their songs as some of these songs are indeed dated. I, too, was delighted to see Rocky back but I could swear that his kicking is getting even worse, although that as a weak point I can take. I think somebody has said to Fraser Murray, "You're good enough, son, now go out and show it." Doidge (Doige?) again showed what a willing worker he is and as somebody else stated, I'm looking forward to him and Kamberi playing off Scott Allan's classy passes.
Culinary note: excellent cheese pastie from the catering.

Hecky confirms the injury situation re Hanlon, Boyle, SDG etc in his post match interview

From what I've seen so far, my starting 11 (when all fit) would be:

SDG
Lewis
McGregor
Porteous

Boyle
Mallan
Allan
Horgan

Flo
Doidge

My main reservation being perhaps too lightweight a midfield, so one of Squirrel or Horgan dropping out for the Marvin Bartley aka Matty Jack role signing to come would be my thoughts.

Glad that's the pre-season friendly stuff out of the road now and we can get on with some proper competitive action....well, Newcastle excepted. Good to see the manager giving a fair number of the young lads a run out in the first team for these matches. With several first team starts carrying knocks already it would seem, it looks like a few of the young lads might be playing on Saturday against Stirling Albion.

We are at least three players short for the squad IMO. Two midfielders (hopefully Omeonga and a strong defensive ballwinner), and a striker (hopefully McNulty..if not someone equally as good). Personally I also think we need proper cover at left-back.

Watched the goals here, good finish from the young lad at the end. Doidge looked a handful up top too.

https://hibstv.hibernianfc.co.uk/tv/video/vod/5702

Right, that is me settled and ready to explain, at 3-1 down to a poor Carlisle team with 10 to go and looking clueless there were a few moans coming from the large, very loud and half pished Hibs support. 3 quick goals later Bounday Park was echoing to the sound of 'We're gonnae win the league' from the Hibs support. The ups and doons of watching Hibernian eh.

Arriving a good hour before kick off, we discovered an excellent wee bakers between the club shop and away end entrance, Meat Pies and a Lentil and Bacon soup purchased we sat on a wee wall to munch. The pie was excellent, it was as if it had been filled with Stovies. The lentil soup wisnae bad either. 2 meat pies, 1 sausage roll, one lentil soup and a £1 Haribo mixture, £5.60, good start.

Into the ground, cheap bar under the stand and approximately half the hibs support on the peeve. 1875 Junior had his first pint in a fitba ground, 1875 senior being designated driver had a a haribo. Noisy does not begin to describe the support tonight, they sang from start to finish, although one or two of the songs are for me unacceptable and not what I want to hear from a Hibs end. Half pished, empty heided and tooted up describes far too many of the fans. Singing under the stand for 20 minutes into the second half isnae supportig your team either, that is pissing about with your pals. Each to their own though eh, I was young once, now I am just a moany auld Hibs Da eating fecking Haribos as the young team get pished.

The game, well it was another guess who is playing where show. Marciano in Goal, James Right Back, Daz and Jacko in the middle, Smackie at left back, Mallan in front of the four, playing well beside the impressive Campbell, Horgan on the right, Newell left and Flo and Shaw through the middle. Many changes second half which I will try and go through in a mo. Rocky made a boob early in the game, but we started well, then they scored a decent goal against the run of play. Mallan was running midfield and stood out although ably supported by the very impressive Campbell, Daz disnae play friendlies, Jackson reminds me of Tommy MacIntyre, and Horgan and Flo both gave decent performaces with Flo capping it with a fine strike to equalise.

Half time saw the unimpressive Newell (I think?) swapped for Moon, with more changes made with 20 to go. By then we had let that fandan Pressleys team get ahead with a cracking strike. On came Allan, Murray, and Doige (I think?) for Horgan, Kamberi and Shaw and we actually went 3-1 down to a Daz ok. Boos came from a few dafties, others left. More fool them. In bringing on Allan, Murray and Doige, Hibs looked better, different, driven, more skillfull, and by Sauzee Scotty Allan is a winner, he clearly wants to show the world and those arseholes at Thellick what they have missed, he was magical, again ably supported by the brilliant Fraser Murray new star, Josh Campbell and Christian Doige. First Scotty battered it in to make it three two, Christian Doige then made it 3-3 and with a minute to go Josh Campbell rose to score the winner, causing mayhem in the Hibs end, less the dafties that had went downstairs or tried for a headstart home. Scenes. Both young Sterling and Doig also got runs outs for the last few minutes in a win that looked unlikely 10 minutes before.

Rocky fluffed at the beginning but wisnae at fault for the goals.

James was as poor as he was decent on Saturday, ponderously slow, this isnae English fitba pal, play with pace, and quick thinking when you play for Hibs. Hope Gray is back soon.

Daz disnae play friendlies, Daz plays fitba, same way every week, ye dinnae mess wi Daz, Daz is YLT.

Jackson is ok, I prefer Hanlon but he will do for me.

Smackie looked lost again tonight.

Mallan was magnificent, covering every blade, pinging passes left right and centre, playing deep and looking like the player we hoped we had signed. I see a beautiful relationship forming between he and Scotty.

I was very, very impressed with Josh Campbell, didnae put a foot wrong all night, scored the winner and looked like he had played for Hibs for 10 years. Well done son!

Daryll Horgan looked dangerous and up for it. Could be aplayer for us this year too.

Newell was rotten, another one who needs to improve, slow of thinking, poor of crossing and easy beat.

Oliie Shaw was poor again, he does try and played a pass to Kamberi tonight because he knew if he didnae Hibs fans would have been baying for blood. I want Oli to succeed, he needs to do more, much, much more.

Flo Kamberi scored a beauty, he second in two games. His touch is also back, but then he is back playing in hs best postition. Another one who could do a lot for Hibernian this year, he had a great attitude.

The scond half....

Moon, no convinced at all, no bad, but Omeonga, Malonga, Agyepong, Barker and McNulty are all far better.

Scott Allan is a joy to watch, his passion tonight won us the game, he has nothing to prove to us, but has a desire to prove who the rela Scott Allan is to other. Brilliant son, brilliant.

Fraser Murray has put on some musle, he complimented Scotty with his desire and ability and was as much responsible for our win as Scotty, great to see that.

I didnae fancy Doige's efforts Saturday, tonight he scored and lead the line well. That will do for me.

Doig got a few minutes, a good laddie, big and strong.

Ben Stirling also got a few minutes, another laddie who does not look out of place in the first team.

I wasnt sure if Heck was there tonight, it looked like Robbie was taking the team, can anyone confirm? Too many changes for me again, regardless of a friendly or not. A blend of both teams will be a damned fine team I think, with one or two youngsters really staking their place the last two games, Stirling and Campbell have both really stood out for me.

The referee had a good game, hassle and incident free.

Steven Pressley is a Hearts bastard, I have no idea about him or his team but they did not impress.

As I mentioned, a large and noisy Hibs support, many pished up or chemically challenged. Drop the shite songs, we dinnae hate England, our manager is English FFS, Stokesy disnae play for us anymore and that prick Skatchel has retired, let it go. Its no big, its no clever and can someone get a good, original modern Scott Allan/ Stevie Mallan song going, it rhymes FFS, come to think about out in Heck is that the wheel, change it to Fraser Murray and Flo Kamberi......Marc McNulty plays for Reading. Good backing though young team, wouldnae like to be you and your heeds when ye wake up for work the morn!

Man of the match, well it was the Artful Grafter Stevie Mallan for me but he was closely pushed by the excellent performance of Josh Campbell, well done son, that was a brilliant starting debut for the first team.

Next Up Stiling Albion on saturday and the crazy plan to make it pay at the gate at the 3800 capacity Forthbank), get there early if you want to get in to see this team that might just stop ten in a row. (The song is now, "We are fucking loaded and we'll stop ten in a row" to the tune of This is how it feels).

See you all on Saturday

100% agree with all you’ve written Mark . Early days but our own youngsters look like they’ll have more of an impact this season than the newbies , SA excepted obviously

From what I've seen so far, my starting 11 (when all fit) would be:

SDG
Lewis
McGregor
Porteous

Boyle
Mallan
Allan
Horgan

Flo
Doidge

My main reservation being perhaps too lightweight a midfield, so one of Squirrel or Horgan dropping out for the Marvin Bartley aka Matty Jack role signing to come would be my thoughts.
Agree with starting 11 except no sure about middle defense Daz /Paul/Ryan , perm 2 from 3 with Adam in reserve

From reading these reports from those whose opinions are spot on it appears that the new signings are not impressing that much with the obvious exception of Allan?

Great report @1875 , loving the addition of the photaes tae!

Watched the goals here, good finish from the young lad at the end. Doidge looked a handful up top too.

Confirmed my suspicions Rocky could've done better at the first.

Re @Smurf and the newbie concerns, my biggest worry is about Newell. There's a sense of Andrew Shinnie about him in terms of a lack of aggression and assertion but minus the qualities Shinniesta had. So far. Got quite a few pelters from folk not happy at all. I think Shaw needs loaned out. Murray has the most class of the youngsters, let's hope he develops more aggression as, like Porteous, he has real ability.
The balance isn't right in midfield but we all know that. Allan and Mallan will walk into the side but we need a defensively minded replacement for Marv and Milli.
Not casting judgement just yet, still early days. We need 2 midfield players, a quality out and out striker at the bare minimum. They've folk in mind so let's hope it happens soon

Glad that's the pre-season friendly stuff out of the road now and we can get on with some proper competitive action....well, Newcastle excepted. Good to see the manager giving a fair number of the young lads a run out in the first team for these matches. With several first team starts carrying knocks already it would seem, it looks like a few of the young lads might be playing on Saturday against Stirling Albion.

We are at least three players short for the squad IMO. Two midfielders (hopefully Omeonga and a strong defensive ballwinner), and a striker (hopefully McNulty..if not someone equally as good). Personally I also think we need proper cover at left-back.

Re left back I doubt Lewis will miss many games, Mackie and James as back up should be enough?

From reading these reports from those whose opinions are spot on it appears that the new signings are not impressing that much with the obvious exception of Allan?

Still too early to say with any certainty.
Newell didn’t seem the pacey guy I expected - I don’t think he went past a defender all night although he whipped in a couple of decent crosses when given the ball in space.
But none of the newbies has stood out as ‘brilliant’ for sure.
Despite the certainty of severe sugar rush, 1875 is spot on re man of the match. Mallan was magnificent- spraying worldies around with aplomb and always showing for the ball. Scotty fancied a shot at centre forward for a wee while and must also have been on the haribos as his energy and drive was fantastic.
I like pre season friendlies. Usually t shirt weather, and die hards who cheerfully get behind the team.
Neither was the case last night.

Re left back I doubt Lewis will miss many games, Mackie and James as back up should be enough?
Haven't see James play, but I don't think Sean Mackie is a left-back from what I have seen of him. Doesn't have a defensive players mindset and is much more comfortable going forward than defending.

Is it just me or is the picture on Hibs TV been terrible last two games, noting I only see the post match highlights?

Just watched it myself and thought it looked like someone had filmed it on a smartphone

Strange eh. same with the Pars game.

Pure tidy report ✅

Strange eh. same with the Pars game.
Flash’ll get it sorted ?

Thought the quality was absolutely shite, no replays of the goals or different angles. I’m thinking this could be the away team are supplying the footage, or they are just using the bare minimum for these friendlies.

It's set at 200. Click the HD tab on the wee screen and change it to 1500. [emoji106]

Genius K?

Best Beefy advice since the Badge on the West Stand!

It's not just the quality of the images, it's the camerawork that's poor. Jerky zoom. Amateur. That's what I meant by filmed on a phone

The quality of the image is top notch if you set it to 1500. That's all I meant. Wasn't disputing just trying to help. Sheesh!

Your help was much appreciated Mr Sheesh!

Nae worries Beefy

Great just back, cheers.

This thread has been viewed 4129 times.