• Guest, The HibeesBounce invites you to enter our Monthly Draw...

Enter our Monthly Draw Here

GGTTH

• hibeesbounce

If you there's one thing that Hibs should do next...

Purple & Green

Radge McRadge
Admin
Private Member
Reaction score
I'd suggest Efe Ambrose on a short term contract until the end of January.

That would be brilliant.

Cannae argue wi' that

Play two up top.

Try and get rid of most of the shite he brought in.

This will be one of the most difficult tasks for the new manager...January looks like it's going to be quite a month for us in the transfer market.
Quite a few free transfers and loans coming in I reckon.

This will be one of the most difficult tasks for the new manager...January looks like it's going to be quite a month for us in the transfer market.
Quite a few free transfers and loans coming in I reckon.

I would loan them out to make room for better loans to come in with the option for us to buy them and the free ones mate.

I'd suggest Efe Ambrose on a contract until the end of his career.

Sorted that for you :47:

Make an approach for Neil Lennon? :22:

Couldn't agree more, loved Efe when he was here.

Mulumbu anyone? 32 but would still do a job and provide some much needed steel in midfield. Even on a short term contract

Get Stubbs agreed.

Even till end of season.

100000% yes!!!

100000% yes!!!

Dude, I think I might have power walked past you on Saturday on Easter Road - if so, apologies, was well hungover and had just fallen out of bed about 20mins previously!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thats a good shout P&G :54:

Leigh Griffiths looking for a game?

Leigh Griffiths looking for a game?
That’s what’s i also was thinking, we’ll take him on with strict contract agreement if needed back by Celtic, there’s a couple fringe players there who don’t get a look in also who may be worth a sneaky shout.

Last edited:
By time he gets match fit his contract will have expired. Until the end of the season at very least.

Dude, I think I might have power walked past you on Saturday on Easter Road - if so, apologies, was well hungover and had just fallen out of bed about 20mins previously!

Never even noticed or I’d have given you some abuse ? I was more than likely on my way to the Hibs Club for Bounce pick ups.

Hope your well mate, catch up soon for a few ?

What about Griffiths for manager? :cheeky-smiley-031:

As with other Hibbies, I'm of the opinion that a new manager will give each of the new signings a chance to prove himself, but each will then be got rid very quickly if unable to fit in to a different system. I also fear one or two of our legends may well come in to this category.

Send Newell to the reserves and start teaching this team how to run and run and run.

We've not out worked a single team this season, it has to change.

Send Newell to the reserves and start teaching this team how to run and run and run.

We've not out worked a single team this season, it has to change.

Surprisingly (astonishingly?) the stats show only Motherwell and The The Rangers outworked us in games so far.

Surprisingly (astonishingly?) the stats show only Motherwell and The The Huns outworked us in games so far.

What numbers? Sounds deceiving to me.

What numbers? Sounds deceiving to me.

Fair enough.

Fair enough.

Sorry, I'm genuinely interested in the numbers.

Sorry, I'm genuinely interested in the numbers.

Hibs use Catapult on the training field etc, but each SPFL club gets Opta stats on the Monday following a Saturday game. This allows a direct comparison rather than eg catapult v opta with two teams.

Up until about a week ago only ‘well and Huns outran is.
Source Hecky, so believe it or not!

Hibs use Catapult on the training field etc, but each SPFL club gets Opta stats on the Monday following a Saturday game. This allows a direct comparison rather than eg catapult v opta with two teams.

I believe it, but it doesn't mean we worked harder than them.
My comment above does say run and run to be fair, but we'll need more than distance covered to justify us out working them.

Other teams I've watched us against have worked harder for every ball, pressure when they lose the ball etc.
We haven't done that. Vela for example, gets around the park but I wouldn't praise his work rate?

I believe it, but it doesn't mean we worked harder than them.
My comment above does say run and run to be fair, but we'll need more than distance covered to justify us out working them.

Other teams I've watched us against have worked harder for every ball, pressure when they lose the ball etc.
We haven't done that. Vela for example, gets around the park but I wouldn't praise his work rate?

Just passing on what I was told.
The Opta stats aren't just about distance, but I know next to fcukall about it. I don't even play Footie Manager.
I'm sure there are others here who may know a bit of detail on what the Opta stats cover.
My point was only that Hecky - backed up by George Craig, was adamant that it was only two games the oppo worked harder than Hibs.

I just took them at their word.

The Opta stats aren't just about distance, but I know next to fcukall about it. I don't even play Footie Manager.
I'm sure there are others here who may know a bit of detail on what the Opta stats cover.
My point was only that Hecky - backed up by George Craig, was adamant that it was only two games the oppo worked harder than Hibs.

I wonder if that's a demonstration of the old adage "what gets measured gets done". If players know they're going to be pulled up for their distance stats does that lead them to do pointless running about rather than conserving energy for important runs?

[/QUOTE]
It’s OK running around a lot but helps if you also manage to do something useful with the ball

I wonder if that's a demonstration of the old adage "what gets measured gets done". If players know they're going to be pulled up for their distance stats does that lead them to do pointless running about rather than conserving energy for important runs?

Quite likely.

I think the stats are quite detailed, include where the runs are made, successful/unsuccessful challenges, sprints etc etc but I'm firmly of the view that headless chickening would be a sector where we would score very highly.

....make sure the new manager isn't a hun.

Quite likely.

I think the stats are quite detailed, include where the runs are made, successful/unsuccessful challenges, sprints etc etc but I'm firmly of the view that headless chickening would be a sector where we would score very highly.

That's an interesting one - I wonder how many unsuccessful challenges Hallberg, Hanlon and Porteous have made in trying to cover the gaps that Vela didn't shut down. (And conversely how many unsuccessful challenges Vela didn't make because he was, er, backing off and backing off.)

Some guy from a bookies (can't remember which one) was on radio yesterday saying man city are favourites for the game at Liverpool this weekend because their "expected goals" is higher - I'm sure all sane football fans will agree with me when I say it's bullshit that man city should be favourites at anfield! And I say that as someone who doesn't give a shit about either of them

Get Omeonga back on loan.Didn't someone mention he's not getting a game at Bruges

Could be deceiving if chasing shadows counts.

Some guy from a bookies (can't remember which one) was on radio yesterday saying man city are favourites for the game at Liverpool this weekend because their "expected goals" is higher - I'm sure all sane football fans will agree with me when I say it's bullshit that man city should be favourites at anfield! And I say that as someone who doesn't give a shit about either of them

you can’t beat/trick the key indicators - expected goals - is one of them. That’s been one of our problemsthis season our expected goals has dropped and our expected goals against gas increased

Ron Gordon should declare a new era. His era.

Then he should put the singing section back where it was in the East. Moving them to the FF Upper has been a disaster and done irreparable damage to the atmosphere in the ground. When the East goes quiet now the atmosphere becomes like a morgue.

Then put big booming fuck off speakers in every stand so the bass rumbles in your guts. And get rid off the DJ who played TTF's New Emotion last Saturday. What pill-munching shadowland was that fucker from?

Give Greggs the gig for half time scran. Curry pies. Macaroni pies. Steak pies. Chicken pies. Haggis pies. Apple pies (for desert).

In other words put the fans first. Then sort out the fucking team. Throw money at it. Loads of money.

Make Hibs Great Again.

That is all.

Surprisingly (astonishingly?) the stats show only Motherwell and The The Huns outworked us in games so far.
That is surprising and it would be interesting to get some context if available.
Just shows how stats can be deceiving in many ways.

I’ve been party to Opta stats packages in the past and they are incredibly detailed. The betting industry frequently use these for odds setting as well due to the huge amount of detail. However, as someone once said “Statistics are a bit like bikinis - it shows a lot but not the whole thing. The reality is you can take what you want from statistics.”

This thread has been viewed 6574 times.

Your donation helps pay for our dedicated server and software support renewals. We really do appreciate it!
Goal
£100.00
Earned
£28.75