• Guest, The HibeesBounce invites you to enter our Monthly Draw...

Enter our Monthly Draw Here

GGTTH

• hibeesbounce

Hibs Display

Purple & Green

Radge McRadge
Admin
Private Member
Reaction score
Superb work - couldn't see it, but it must have looked awesome from the photos I've seen

Feel free to share those photos

Can anyone post photo's here??

Not seen it, will hunt when I make it home though.

No doubt fantastic work though :applause:

BLNSCjhCQAEIS-U.jpg:large

BLNX0TkCcAAHakk.jpg:large

Started watching the Sportscene highlights but they didn't show the Hibs display.

Started watching the Sportscene highlights but they didn't show the Hibs display.

coz bbc are tossers :pf:

You took the words right out of my mouth Jammie.

Aye, they concentrated on the celtic one even though the Hibs one was twice as big!

They are indeed, J. My sis watched it live on the telly and said that was all the showed of the displays then also :(

Fantastic effort but.........really don't like the dark colors much preferred semi display, not saying anything about the effort though tremendous as usual, just think the white stands out much better

Apparently, both the BBC & SkySports didn't show the Hibs display, with Sky concentrating on Celtc's.
I would rather have seen a display on the pitch. Absolutely gutted. I genuinely thought we would win it.

They won't show us cause we are a wee team, show the smellies because they are the big team but we showed them that there is only one big team our fans were superb,one team in Scotland ;you will never take the hibees

I watched the highlights once home. Concentrated on a wee pishy 1888 display and nothing on ours.

Watching the highlights the now. Total joke as they focused in on the celtic display at least three times but didn't show ours at all :pullhair:.

Ach. So what. We all know ours was better. Don't care what anyone else thinks.

Our fans are the greatest...

That really is a disgrace not showing both displays. Great work by the organisers.

Apparently, both the BBC & SkySports didn't show the Hibs display, with Sky concentrating on Celtc's.

Both use the same picture feed, so it would have been the same on both channels.

Maybe we should we just do away with these displays then?

If we can't see what it is as we are under it and Hibs TV fans can't see it as it's not filmed, then what's the point of them really?

I've not even seen any photos in the papers neither. It seems a lot of hard work for nothing. Which is a shame.

[video=youtube;ZrtNiEegO-E]http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=ZrtNiEegO-E[/video]

Cheers for that quick glimpse Pirate.

Arrrr!

Good to see the display properly. Shocking the tv stations snubbed it. I don't think the black cards work as well as white but still looks great. Well done to all involved.

Good to see the display properly. Shocking the tv stations snubbed it. I don't think the black cards work as well as white but still looks great. Well done to all involved.

Black was choosen as to not make it look like a celtc end, maybe white vertically would have been better in every block and a white scottish cup, still looked great thou! :thumbgrin

Black was choosen as to not make it look like a celtc end, maybe white vertically would have been better in every block and a white scottish cup, still looked great thou! :thumbgrin

Yeah I agree with that. Some amount of effort in organising something so big. Can't wait to see next years : )

Both ends looked good, ours went all the way round so was much better in that respect! The idea was great, shame the grey/black cards didn't stand out enough, but massive credit to everyone involved in arranging and organising it - made the start of the game all the more special.

Hampden and the SFA come in for plenty stick, and quite rightly so, but they do make the cup final a big occasion in terms of the pre-match displays and fireworks etc. Plus the teams walking out to Zeppelin was quality!

Both ends looked good, ours went all the way round so was much better in that respect! The idea was great, shame the grey/black cards didn't stand out enough, but massive credit to everyone involved in arranging and organising it - made the start of the game all the more special.

Hampden and the SFA come in for plenty stick, and quite rightly so, but they do make the cup final a big occasion in terms of the pre-match displays and fireworks etc. Plus the teams walking out to Zeppelin was quality!

Agreed, celtics was smaller but plenty effort put into it. Not very original comsidering it just copied our semi final display changing only the year. Though they did have a large flag of their founder in the middle. Would be good if the club had taken pictures of all three displays to date and framed them for ER. SFA did make this year far better than last year and so they do deserve some credit. TV companies get little respect for poor images of displays.

Next time might be good to think of something different, more spectacular...like everyone having a lighted flare lol...ok may'be not get away with that but something different.

Flares are banned, someone posted summit about smoke bombs (which are classed as flares) somewhere yet celtc had about 6 :dunno:

I dunno how much bollocks this is but someone said that the reason they didn't show the Hibs display as it was funded (in part) by a sponsor.

I dunno how much bollocks this is but someone said that the reason they didn't show the Hibs display as it was funded (in part) by a sponsor.
Was that sponsor not William Hill, who sponsor the bleeding tournament?

Wasnt as if it had any WH sponsorship on the cards :dunno:

Wasnt as if it had any WH sponsorship on the cards :dunno:

Like i said it sounded bollocks, my mate read it on yon Twatter thing, which would explain a lot.

display footage

I have found some display footage! its not my own have been scouring the net looking for something. i will keep trying and post back my findings:pf:

link

here is the link http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u1nIAv4FJXA:approve:

I was trying to catch a glimpse of the Hibs display on they big Hampden screens but seen hee haw apart fae the smellies display.

I'm still none the wiser. What were the black/grey cards meant to picture??

Grey ones was the Scottish cup.

I still don't understand what it is meant to be? I can see the white castle - was the grey bit a star?
I thought it looked more Celtc-suited than Celtc's and Celtc's was more Hibs-suited with the team colours and the star.
It looked more like a Sect43 display than a hibs display - this is all just my opinion of it.

Were people supposed to hold cards in portrait or landscape?

I have to admit, I don't think it looked very good at all, especially with the black.
Funnily enough, Celtc went and copied Hibs again, but it looked fantastic - the exact same tifo but with '1875' and Canon Hannan would've looked better simply because it would've been more significant.

Hibs fans largely out-sang Celtc fans at the start and then nearer to the end. The singsong after they won was great to see.

Hopefully Sect43 can improve and build upon each display as I enjoy seeing them and I'm sure the players get a boost from them. I wonder if it would be better to have more input from fans before going through with a design or plan?

I still don't understand what it is meant to be? I can see the white castle - was the grey bit a star?
I thought it looked more Celtc-suited than Celtc's and Celtc's was more Hibs-suited with the team colours and the star.
It looked more like a Sect43 display than a hibs display - this is all just my opinion of it.

Were people supposed to hold cards in portrait or landscape?

I have to admit, I don't think it looked very good at all, especially with the black.
Funnily enough, Celtc went and copied Hibs again, but it looked fantastic - the exact same tifo but with '1875' and Canon Hannan would've looked better simply because it would've been more significant.

Hibs fans largely out-sang Celtc fans at the start and then nearer to the end. The singsong after they won was great to see.

Hopefully Sect43 can improve and build upon each display as I enjoy seeing them and I'm sure the players get a boost from them. I wonder if it would be better to have more input from fans before going through with a design or plan?

The grey bit was the Scottish Cup.

As far as I could make out, it was green with a black band running across it (Sec 43 scarf-ish) with a white castle (from the Club crest) in the North Stand and a grey (silver?) Scottish Cup in the West. As the display went all the way round, only the punters in the Upper South Stand (why was that split 75/25 in their favour?) would have an uninterrupted view. Any pics from up there?

All I seen was a hell of a lot of hard work put in by a dedicated group of Hibernian fans, bloody fantastic, made this fat,old,grumpy Hibby proud. well done all involved.

:applause:

This was posted earlier by a new member

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/u1nIAv4FJXA" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

This thread has been viewed 5938 times.

Your donation helps pay for our dedicated server and software support renewals. We really do appreciate it!
Goal
£100.00
Earned
£57.50