• Guest, The HibeesBounce invites you to enter our Monthly Draw...

Enter our Monthly Draw Here

GGTTH

• hibeesbounce

Films

Watched Hail Caesar! yesterday on one of these channels with adverts and thought it was vey good, very funny in parts, the Coen Bros. on top form. Then I read some of the reviews and some people didnae get it. Sorry; but I think a lot of Americans are thick as... not that I can say anything about the current populace of the UK. I especially liked he Communists. I have been in company like that listening to these conversations.

Watched Hail Caesar! yesterday on one of these channels with adverts and thought it was vey good, very funny in parts, the Coen Bros. on top form. Then I read some of the reviews and some people didnae get it. Sorry; but I think a lot of Americans are thick as... not that I can say anything about the current populace of the UK. I especially liked he Communists. I have been in company like that listening to these conversations.
I think it was a bit marmite. I saw it at the pics and loved it but my wife hated it. We're both big Coen fans too.

I would love to see them make another thriller again. Blood Simple, Fargo and Miller's Crossing are some of my all time favourites.

Yeah it had all that 90's snarkiness but the characters were a lot less likeable than say Scream and you need at least a couple to root for so you care who gets offed and who doesn't.

I thought 78 did that a lot better. There were characters who were flawed but ultimately sympathetic so you are rooting for them to escape and also the usual ones that are so awful you're looking forward to their comeuppance.
I finally finished 78 two days ago. I really like it and thought it did an excellent job recreating the camp/horror feel of the 90's horror films. I have to start the third of the series hopefully this weekend. So far I think they've done a great job in this series. I'd give it a solid 8.5 out of 10 so far.

Watched a movie on sky last night , and it's traumatized me. The movie is called Hunter hunter

Watched a movie on sky last night , and it's traumatized me. The movie is called Hunter hunter
Movie ToDoList:
  • Blam Superman Blam
  • I Was a Swedish Scottophile
  • Hunter Hunter
  • Blazing Saddles Again

I would still recommend Haarlem but with a warning. :devilishy:

End of Watch. LA cop movie. Good film.

Watched the 78 one last night, was much better. Will probably watch the last one tonight. Did you ever watch The Outsider series last year? If not check it out.
I enjoyed The Outsider. It could maybe have been a couple of episodes shorter as it went round the houses a bit in the middle but that seems to be the way of it with American shows.

I finally finished 78 two days ago. I really like it and thought it did an excellent job recreating the camp/horror feel of the 90's horror films. I have to start the third of the series hopefully this weekend. So far I think they've done a great job in this series. I'd give it a solid 8.5 out of 10 so far.

Just did 1666 after getting back from a week up the west coast last night. I really enjoyed that too.

The pilgrim accents are a weird Norfolk/Irish hybrid that take a bit of getting used to but overall the film was really enjoyable.

Fear Street a really solid trilogy of mainstream horror fun.

I would still recommend Haarlem but with a warning. :devilishy:
There's no Globetrotters?

Watched Nobody the other night, enjoyed it, the missus didn't "it's just fighting!" Similar to The Equaliser and John Wick films but probably better than both, switch your brain off and enjoy.

Resurrection time.

Watched The Power of the Dog last night.
Good story ,but if its action you're after this isnt for you.
I can see why Cumberbatch was nominated for an oscar.

Just watched "Who Killed the KLF?"

One of the best pop music documentaries I've seen.

The history of their music from the Timelords to The White Room is great but the coverage of the inspiration and aftermath of some of their art/stunts like the £1m burning is incredible.

Favourite film and theme

I watched Nobody tonight. Utterly utterly ridiculous, formulaic pish. Loved it.

Reminded me of the 80s when nobody fucked about building character back stories and everything was done and dusted in 85 minutes. Cracking soundtrack too.

Saw the new Downton Abbey film today.
It was brilliant. Just like the series itself.
Period dramas a bit of a guilty pleasure for me.

Love the series.

Not that I’ve got any time for that load of old tosh myself, but apparently there are six series and the missus has taken to watching the lot.
Left me to watch the football enjoy a glass or two, and a wee snack without frowned criticism.

Never ever watched it . Is it as good as game of thrones ( apart from the ending 😩)

Never ever watched it . Is it as good as game of thrones ( apart from the ending 😩)
Well, i've never watched Game of Thrones so I couldn't tell you..

Game of thrones ending would've been fine if they had written it properly.

New one should be good though, source material is complete.

Game of thrones ending would've been fine if they had written it properly.

New one should be good though, source material is complete.
So there’s going to be a new series of G.O.T.🤔

So there’s going to be a new series of G.O.T.🤔

Yup.
Based on the Targaeryan conquest.
The events are mentioned a few times on the original show.

The books called fire and blood, series comes out around September time.
Lord of the rings tv show comes out at the same time

Big month for medieval high fantasy.

This thread has been viewed 5533 times.

Your donation helps pay for our dedicated server and software support renewals. We really do appreciate it!
Goal
£100.00
Earned
£28.75