• Guest, The HibeesBounce invites you to enter our Monthly Draw...

Enter our Monthly Draw Here

GGTTH

• hibeesbounce

European draw on Wednesday

Direct flight there is easy but no directs back till the Monday sadly.

Having a look back at their previous European games like others have said it seems Svangaskard Stadium in Totfir is likely they've played every Euro home game there since at least 2012.

Oh well, booked up for Greece. Blind faith. The worst that can happen is a city break to Athens instead. Waiting for the club to say if there's anything for Faroes. Still want to go but it's a convoluted palaver no matter how you look at it. Accommodation looks like being the trickiest thing as much as expensive round the houses flights. Fingers crossed for a reasonably priced charter.

Oh well, booked up for Greece. Blind faith. The worst that can happen is a city break to Athens instead. Waiting for the club to say if there's anything for Faroes. Still want to go but it's a convoluted palaver no matter how you look at it. Accommodation looks like being the trickiest thing as much as expensive round the houses flights. Fingers crossed for a reasonably priced charter.
I’ve booked accommodation for £74 for two nights mate 2nd-4th August, probably gonna wait to book flights but I’ll fly from Stanstead if and when I do however, is it deffo on the 2nd of August for the Greece game as I’m getting different answers

Intended to travel, but looking at the draw, we have an amazing chance of reaching group stages, and wondering if I should hold on to cash for that. Think i'll def miss Faroes, but Greece is tempting

Fishing boat ;)

I’ve booked accommodation for £74 for two nights mate 2nd-4th August, probably gonna wait to book flights but I’ll fly from Stanstead if and when I do however, is it deffo on the 2nd of August for the Greece game as I’m getting different answers
I'm booked from the 1st to the 4th. Athens the first night, booked an apartment in Tripoli for the rest of the stay. Will just stay in Athens for a city break if the worst happens.

Intended to travel, but looking at the draw, we have an amazing chance of reaching group stages, and wondering if I should hold on to cash for that. Think i'll def miss Faroes, but Greece is tempting

My understanding is that we have to negotiate a further two rounds to get to the group stages

52 seater submarine has been booked
Can I get a windae seat?

Can’t make Faroes due to prior holiday, looking at options for Greece.

Motherwell league game be the Sunday if we get through I assume

All games after Europa Cup will be Sundays

Faroes here i come :bouncy:

Faroes here i come
Planes trains and automobiles?

Planes trains and automobiles?
Planes,We're going direct on the Thursday and back on the Friday via Copenhagen

Is there any accommodation? The only thing left on Booking.com was tents in a camp site?

Good draw. Hopefully we can get a few goals at ER to make the return game in the Faroes easier.

My understanding is that we have to negotiate a further two rounds to get to the group stages
Correct. Hibs will have to negotiate four ties in total in order to get to the group stages. Odds are stacked against us but let's just give it a go.

Correct. Hibs will have to negotiate four ties in total in order to get to the group stages. Odds are stacked against us but let's just give it a go.
I thought there is only 3 qualifying rounds :kos:

Is there any accommodation? The only thing left on Booking.com was tents in a camp site?
We used Airbnb for an apartment

I thought there is only 3 qualifying rounds :kos:

3 qualifying rounds to make it to the play off round before entering the group stages.

Men. Tal.

For the Tripoli game is the best route there just to fly into Athens and train it to Tripoli?

There are cheap direct easyJet flights for me back to Bristol direct from Athens on the Friday night, but nothing for the way out under £300

For the Tripoli game is the best route there just to fly into Athens and train it to Tripoli?

There are cheap direct easyJet flights for me back to Bristol direct from Athens on the Friday night, but nothing for the way out under £300
Kalamata airport only about 40km from tripolis... im in corfu at the time and looking to fly there....
C44C6A14-984B-4EBB-B6DA-25CA90FA9FF4.png

Not sure the train runs anymore.

Kalamata airport only about 40km from tripolis... im in corfu at the time and looking to fly there....
View attachment 265
I had a look at Kalamata airport as a route last night. Looked like you could get a seven day package holiday to there from Manchester for £500 flying out on Sunday 29th. This is less expensive than flights only to Athens. Turns out work commitments will prevent me going at all!
PQ123

Not sure I’m comfortable with all this booking one round ahead lark!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Not sure I’m comfortable with all this booking one round ahead lark!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I am. Nice city break to Athens if it goes belly up. Happy with that, I've wanted to go there and never been.

Kalamata is a military airport and is only open one day a week(sunday) for commercial flights
Flew there for AEK game, and took the 1 week package from Manchester, taxi'd it up to Athens for match(which had already been postoned because of 9/11) as we had a hotel booked for night of game. Got early flight back from Athens on the friday.

There is an airport in Tripoli, but it looks more like an 'airstrip' rather than a full on airport.

View attachment 265

If we do progress, how are the people flying to Athens planning on traveling to and from Tripoli?

Kalamata is a military airport and is only open one day a week(sunday) for commercial flights
Flew there for AEK game, and took the 1 week package from Manchester, taxi'd it up to Athens for match(which had already been postoned because of 9/11) as we had a hotel booked for night of game. Got early flight back from Athens on the friday.

There is an airport in Tripoli, but it looks more like an 'airstrip' rather than a full on airport.
Some crazy prices for it, im in corfu for the game, looking at ways to get to penelonese for game, its less than a 1 hour flight but over £400 and its mostly 2 stops further away :banghead:
Can fly to athens fir £99 thrn 2 hr drive... gona look st ferries/trains

If we do progress, how are the people flying to Athens planning on traveling to and from Tripoli?
I think its probably bus. However I have a friend who lives in Greece now and they are fluent in Greek...so I'm getting them to source me the best route.

I went with the Hibs Team Charter along with Sir Shrink and his lad, other nice fans and assorted hacks from the awful Scottish media on our trip to Copenhagen. It was £750. Flight, one night in decent hotel, all transfers, including direct to stadium with no mental walk and straight back to Auld Reekie after the game. Would do that again. Too auld for Michael Palin stuff.

BIG G

I went with the Hibs Team Charter along with Sir Shrink and his lad, other nice fans and assorted hacks from the awful Scottish media on our trip to Copenhagen. It was £750. Flight, one night in decent hotel, all transfers, including direct to stadium with no mental walk and straight back to Auld Reekie after the game. Would do that again. Too auld for Michael Palin stuff.

BIG G
I’d be up for that too, but expecting it to be more expensive than Copenhagen, due to the distance

I’d be up for that too, but expecting it to be more expensive than Copenhagen, due to the distance
It should be cheaper if anything,90 min flight. It’s accomadation that might be the problem....

Edit: Unless you’re meaning Greece

Agoda showing hotels in Tripoli area with free cancellation until 19th July.

It should be cheaper if anything,90 min flight. It’s accomadation that might be the problem....

Edit: Unless you’re meaning Greece
Meant Greece! Too many trips to talk about!

Meant Greece! Too many trips to talk about!
A great problem to have :sparkle-cool:

Apparently Hibs have hired a 35 seater. No room literally for punters. A larger or additional plane is being considered. Flight only £500. Chocolate teapot stuff if true. Slim Dusty's Pub with no Beer , would be outdone by Hibs European Trip with nae Bed. Let's see.

BIG G

Last edited:
Me and 4 others wanting to do Greece only 2 or 3 nights max. Struggling to find a way...

Me and 4 others wanting to do Greece only 2 or 3 nights max. Struggling to find a way...

When I had a look the cheapest way I could find was flights to Luton then Luton to Athens and then the same back

87CC5C4C-72CD-4BD4-8D49-C8821911FE30.png

Apparently Hibs have hired a 35 seater. No room literally for punters. A larger or additional plane is being considered. Flight only £500. Chocolate teapot stuff if true. Slim Dusty's Pub with no Beer , would be outdone by Hibs European Trip with nae Bed. Let's see.

BIG G

I've investigated chartering a flight, tried it before but got burnt so I'm always wary.

Been offered 142 seater for just over £58,000, so £410 a skull. But I'd need to front the majority of the cash on the basis that I'd find 142 genuine folk and the implications make it too heavy a commitment.Landing slots also become an issue, agents down in Liverpool who got left in the lurch with charters to Kiev being cancelled for reasons outwith their control.. Then finding accommodation for everyone- or even half the folk- makes it pretty near impossible. I sympathise with whoever at hibs is considering arranging it.

Always wanted to run a flight to a Hibs game...

This thread has been viewed 13303 times.

Your donation helps pay for our dedicated server and software support renewals. We really do appreciate it!
Goal
£100.00
Earned
£28.75