• Guest, The HibeesBounce invites you to enter our Monthly Draw...

Enter our Monthly Draw Here

GGTTH

• hibeesbounce

cup ticket prices

hondo

Just A Radge
Reaction score
Hibernian today announced the following prices for the Scottish Cup game against Junior side Irvine Meadow on 9 January at Easter Road Stadium.

HIBERNIAN V Irvine Meadow
The Active Nation Scottish Cup 4th Round
Saturday 9th January 2010
Kick Off 3.00pm

Ticket Prices
Adult: 15
Concessions: 8 (Under 18 & Students, 65 & over)
Disabled Supporters: 6 (Please contact the Disabled Supporters' Helpline directly on 0131 656 7066, or visit the Hibernian Ticket Office in person.)

Sale dates still to be confirmed and will be announced shortly.

Season Card Holders will have the opportunity to purchase their own seat for this fixture.

If you have purchased a Cup Top Up for 2009/2010 your Season Membership Card will be valid for entry on the day of the game.

Suppose they are cheaper than usually. 5 concessions would have ensured a sell-out though.

15 to watch a junior side the week after the festive period finishes?

We really aren't very interested in getting people along to watch us are we...

I think thats terrible pricing. This is a chance to get people along and with a good performance keep them coming. WE will probably lose out on money making them this price than if they were 10 and 5.

15 to watch a top SPL side the week after the festive period.
Irvine really aren't very interested in getting people along to watch are they...

Both clubs have to agree y'kna

15 to watch a top SPL side the week after the festive period.
Irvine really aren't very interested in getting people along to watch are they...

Both clubs have to agree y'kna

I'm not sure that Hibs would have agreed to set prices lower than this even if Irvine had agreed (and we don't know that they didn't).

But this is a big payday for the juniors and I'm pretty sure that cutting that payday by about 1/3 wouldn't please them too much.

I kind of agree, but it's a balancing act.Would another couple of quid off the price attracted enough to off-set the discount?Meadow are looking at this as their big payday, they would have been consulted about pricing, so it's as much their fault as ours.

Anyway, i'm a cup-topper-upperer,so the higher the price the happier in my own mind I'll be:rollfloor

Here comes the three page thread about the Board not thinking about the Fans...

Prices are set, buy a ticket or dont, end of.

from irvine meadow website

The initial allocation of tickets which is in excess of 2,000 is for the lower tier of the South Stand. If this full ticket allocation is sold, further tickets will be made available for the upper tier of the South Stand.

I think it is a realistic price to be honest. Would still have paid the full price if it was asked though.

Too high for me too, a tenner and a fiver would have been fine IMO.

Here comes the three page thread about the Board not thinking about the Fans...

Prices are set, buy a ticket or dont, end of.

Its not 'end of', this is a forum, it is to allow discussion about these types of things.

Last edited:
That is going to stop alot of people going.

Money is tight enough without it being Christmas.. 10 + 5 would have meant a large crowd, now it's going to be empty.

Too high for me too, a tenner and a fiver would have been fine IMO.
Me too,I'll listen on the Tranny.....

I cant wait for that match!!!

Folk are going to go pretty much however much it costs. I dont think a few quid either way is going to put enough folk off or attract the thousands more if it were cheaper.
(Posted fae ma mobile fone)

got the cup top up so makes no difference to me

probably try and but tickets for the game, main stand hopefully. If I can get tickets will there be score updates for the match on the bounce.:dub:. If there is no updates on the bounce got bbc sport to look at.:banana. c'mon the cabbage.

Thank goodness for the cup top up!

I think...

A sparse home crowd will only hearten and favour our opponents.
We've been fond of home cup exits in front of disappointing crowds against s####e teams the last few years.:banger:

Do we replay at their own ground if they draw with us? Or will it be played elsewhere?

Folk are going to go pretty much however much it costs. I dont think a few quid either way is going to put enough folk off or attract the thousands more if it were cheaper.

A few pounds either way can make all the difference, perhaps not if you only buy an individual ticket but for example if you are buying for family members as well as yourself then these things begin to add up. We have Killie, Aberdeen and the Saintees away in the coming weeks and so it will be an expensive month to follow Hibs; an extra five pounds will be the deciding factor for many however little the difference may seem taken out of context.

10 and 5 would've been the most sensible option here, and I think the attendence would've reflected this, perhaps even near capacity. There will still be a decent crowd, but not as good as it could've been.

bit steep but am sure there will be a full house there :applause:

bit steep but am sure there will be a full house there :applause:

There will be nothing like a full house. I reckon we'll get about 8K, but I also reckon that were the prices set at 10/5 we would still struggle to reach 10K.

Me too,I'll listen on the Tranny.....

I'll still go, but I will only take the oldest laddie now.

I'll still go, but I will only take the oldest laddie now.

Is he your favourite like lol

A few pounds either way can make all the difference, perhaps not if you only buy an individual ticket but for example if you are buying for family members as well as yourself then these things begin to add up. We have Killie, Aberdeen and the Saintees away in the coming weeks and so it will be an expensive month to follow Hibs; an extra five pounds will be the deciding factor for many however little the difference may seem taken out of context.

10 and 5 would've been the most sensible option here, and I think the attendence would've reflected this, perhaps even near capacity. There will still be a decent crowd, but not as good as it could've been.

I agree, I will have both kids at Killie and the oldest will be at Aberdeen and Perth with me. Its a costly thing watching Hibs with families, who are, lets not forget, the future of our club.

I think Hibs and Irvine Meadow have missed a trick here.

Is he your favourite like lol

No, the oldest loves Hibs as much as me, and football more than me:yas: the youngest is ambivalent about Hibs, he just enjoys the day out.

Last edited:
No, the oldest loves Hibs as much as me, and football more than me:yas: the youngest is ambivalent about Hibs, he just enjoys the day out.

Am just at the wind up matey, am at work( have been since half 7 this morning!) and am bored shitless!

I don't think the adult price is to bad. I don't have a top up but will be happy to pay 15.00. On the other hand a fiver for the kids would have been the way to go.

I reckon there will be between 11 -to 12000 at the game, not sure if wee would have got more against for example Dundee Utd if the tickets were priced at SPL prices.

Am just at the wind up matey, am at work( have been since half 7 this morning!) and am bored shitless!

Wind away, just finished work myself in a wet and windy Dublin.

I agree, I will have both kids at Killie and the oldest will be at Aberdeen and Perth with me. Its a costly thing watching Hibs with families, who are, lets not forget, the future of our club.

I think Hibs and Irvine Meadow have missed a trick here.
Father and son or some sort of family ticket would have been ideal,I can see walk up fans (And Cat B's) giving this a miss after paying for Hun and Gunt tickets....

I don't think the adult price is to bad. I don't have a top up but will be happy to pay 15.00. On the other hand a fiver for the kids would have been the way to go.

I reckon there will be between 11 -to 12000 at the game, not sure if wee would have got more against for example Dundee Utd if the tickets were priced at SPL prices.

I agree. 15 quid for an adult is fair. The Meadow fans paid 12 to see their mob against Arbroath so on that basis alone 15 is a happy medium for all.

A fiver for bairns might have encouraged a few more Dads to take their kids along though although there's the argument if you can afford a fiver you can afford 8.

Hibs were in a damned if they do, damned if they don't position when they priced this one IMO.

Agreed, Jack. Those who really want to go will go. Those who don't won't. I don't think a few quid off the admission price will change many minds although it's a handy excuse for those in two minds.

Thank goodness for the cup top up!

I think...

A sparse home crowd will only hearten and favour our opponents.
We've been fond of home cup exits in front of disappointing crowds against s####e teams the last few years.:banger:

Do we replay at their own ground if they draw with us? Or will it be played elsewhere?

Think Rugby Park was the venue being suggested

Have to say I think the pricing is fair in todays climate :102:

This thread has been viewed 2492 times.

Your donation helps pay for our dedicated server and software support renewals. We really do appreciate it!
Goal
£100.00
Earned
£28.75