Winter Window 2020

Jack

Aulder Than The Internet This Radge
As the window gets flung open what's the gossip around Easter Road?

Rather than the wholesale changes many of us were looking for a couple of months ago it seems there's a calmness about the place. I don't think much will happen.

Chris Maxwell I can see going particularly as Bogdan was on the bench during our 2-0 tiny tinie massacre.

Fuck knows what's happening with Josh Vela, I'm still convinced there's a potential hero in there ... hidden very deep down at the moment! However he's not getting on the bench never mind the pitch and he'll be on a top wage. It wouldn't surprise me if he was a former player come February.

I'm more excited by those that will be coming in.

The first bit of news I've heard is possibly the most obvious thing since the last window slammed shut and we all looked at each other with a WTF look when we didn't have a defensive midfielder!

BBC rumours
Hibernian head coach Jack Ross hopes to sign a defensive midfielder during January so he can allow Sweden international Melker Hallberg to return to the box-to-box duties for which he was signed in the summer. (Scottish Sun)

southfieldhibby

Ideally get rid of Vela,Jackson,James & Maxwell and allow Ross funds to reshape the squad.

I've heard McGeady is an option, as well as JR sounding out McNulty about coming back. Would also take Dylan, so if Sunderland want any of the list above, it could work for both clubs.

The Family

Capital Radge
Jack already knows we need a defensive midfielder, I would add another left back who can defend, another striker to give real competition for both Flo & Doidge, I would like a winger to give Horgan completion also,

The Family

Capital Radge
W
Ideally get rid of Vela,Jackson,James & Maxwell and allow Ross funds to reshape the squad.

I've heard McGeady is an option, as well as JR sounding out McNulty about coming back. Would also take Dylan, so if Sunderland want any of the list above, it could work for both clubs.

Would take both McNulty and McGeady but I would prefer Stephane than Dylan.

Two Headed Boy

Well-Known Radge
I can see JR wanting to set up a 4-2-3-1. For that to be effective we need a defensive mid a centre half and a striker to provide cover.

I'd imagine Vela still has a bit of kudos down south so I'd hope we use him as a bargaining chip to bring in someone decent for the defensive areas.

Getting a striker will be tough. Griffiths on loan would be the dream but I don't know how likely that is.

The Family

Capital Radge
I can see JR wanting to set up a 4-2-3-1. For that to be effective we need a defensive mid a centre half and a striker to provide cover.

I'd imagine Vela still has a bit of kudos down south so I'd hope we use him as a bargaining chip to bring in someone decent for the defensive areas.

Getting a striker will be tough. Griffiths on loan would be the dream but I don't know how likely that is.

If the Smellies bring in another striker then we surely have to get in Leigh on loan.

Zab

Admin
I think we’ll get a holding midfielder, and either a striker or a winger (depending on where Ross wants to play Boyle). Don’t expect much more than a couple of arrivals.

One of the goalkeepers will leave, its seems likely that Bogdan will get a new contract and Maxwell will be sent back. Vela will also probably depart, but again that’s about it. Maybe Shaw or Murray (or both) will go out on loan.

I’d like to see us extend the contracts of Marciano, Boyle & Kamberi, as all three are approaching that point where it’ll either be time to sell or risk losing for nothing at the end of next season.

Purple & Green

Radge McRadge
Admin

I think youre right about 4-2-3-1 but I think we’re miles away personnel wise from being able to play it.

Jack

I think we need a ball winning hard in the tackle midfielder, neither Omeonga nor Dylan are that. A bartley type player.
Can we get both/all three please?

Thing I liked most about Dylan was his reading of the game. He didn't need to get close up and personal. He had the sixth sense to be in the right place at the right time with a wee sharp pass to move things on. He had the ability to do more, goal against the sheep superb, but didn't seem to have the oomph or confidence to do it as the norm.

Between that and his regular unavailability I can see why Lennon got frustrated. I had gone from having a cup of strong tea with lots of sugar to angrily rustling my sweetie paper in the East with him!

Last edited:

dmn1989

Well-Known Radge
I’m fairly certain that Maxwell and Vela will be away in January with the potentiality of Jackson & James going too.

Jackson is clearly our 4th choice centre half and I would imagine James will be our 3rd choice RB when Gray is fit, but back up LB. I doubt either of them thought they would be that far down the pecking order and won’t want to sit around bench warming for the rest of the season.

I think we need cover for LB, we are short of two in midfield and in need of a striker. Bogdan is only contracted to us until the end of this month so I imagine an announcement will be made there sometime shortly.

greencol

Skivin cooncil Radge
I think we need a ball winning hard in the tackle midfielder, neither Omeonga nor Dylan are that. A bartley type player.
Had a chat with a guy at the PFC v Clyde game yesterday. Hadnt seen him in many years. He's on a Christmas break back home.
He lives in Castle Donington and watches Derby, Nottingham Forest and any game he can catch.
He said he'd heard Derby manager Cocu doesn't rate Shinnie , and Hibs and another SPL club were looking to loan him in January.
Could he be the hatchet man were looking for?

Reactions: Zab

Zab

Admin
Had a chat with a guy at the PFC v Clyde game yesterday. Hadnt seen him in many years. He's on a Christmas break back home.
He lives in Castle Donington and watches Derby, Nottingham Forest and any game he can catch.
He said he'd heard Derby manager Cocu doesn't rate Shinnie , and Hibs and another SPL club were looking to loan him in January.
Could he be the hatchet man were looking for?

I hated Shinnie - a horrible hatchet man. He’s also a leader and a very good footballer player. He’d be perfect for us.

Visit Frutin Travel Visit Robertsons Garage
SUPPORT THE SITE!
March Goal: £70.00
Donations so far: £10.00

Unread Posts