Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Rowie

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
SUPPORT THE SITE!
October Goal: £70.00
Donations so far: £35.00

Admin
Following on from a chat I had with a Hibs pal who was brought up on the Southside, then Canada and now lives in California, they tried to say we call a bread roll a bap in Scotland. I was flabbergasted, baps to me (and Shrink) were something quite different. However it got me to thinking, maybe its just me? So, what do you call a bread roll?

I cannot believe that I have just participated in this most mentalist of mentalist plebiscites ever. I voted for Roll, reluctantly because when discussing philosophically with Freudian or Sartrian amigos about round levened bread I alway interject with the word Storries, before roll. Which has always baffled these thinkers, and also baffles me that they are not included in list.

The greatest philosopher in history in my opinion, Karl Marx said famously....

The philosophers have only interpreted the world, in various ways. The point, however, is to change it.They should shut the fuck up and have a well fired roll and butter.

Well fired not on this feeble list either.

I rest my case.

BIG G

Admin
I cannot believe that I have just participated in this most mentalist of mentalist plebiscites ever. I voted for Roll, reluctantly because when discussing philosophically with Freudian or Sartrian amigos about round levened bread I alway interject with the word Storries, before roll. Which has always baffled these thinkers, and also baffles me that they are not included in list.

The greatest philosopher in history in my opinion, Karl Marx said famously....

The philosophers have only interpreted the world, in various ways. The point, however, is to change it.They should shut the fuck up and have a well fired roll and butter.

Well fired not on this feeble list either.

I rest my case.

BIG G

I avoided brands of roll and how the well or otherwise the roll was cooked.

“Bakers of bread rolls and pastry cooks will not buy grain before eleven o'clock in winter and noon in summer; bakers of large loaves will not buy grain before two o'clock. This will enable the people of the town to obtain their supply first. Bakers shall put a distinctive trademark on their loaves, and keep weights and scales in their shops, under penalty of having their licenses removed.” — Cardinal Richelieu

moathibby

Legendary Radge
Back in the day when my family would come round for lunch at my mum's the usual patter would be Q-Can I have a roll please? A-sorry there's not enough room.

AG1337

Well-Known Radge
Roll
Best rolls in the Borders, Loughs of Eyemouth
Pricey, but lovely
Soft
Doughie
Well fired
To mention three types baked

Want to get rid of the ads?
Click Here