• Hi there, if you are wanting to register, you will need a registration code. To obtain said code please email hibs@hibeesbounce.com with a brief description of why you want to become part of the bounce. Please also supply us with your IP address Click here if you do not know your IP Thank You. GGTTH

The Climate Protest

Jamie

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Flag Owner
Radge Donator
Private Member
Bounce Radge
Player Sponsor
Lewis Flag Donator
Monthly Radge
Ladies Player Sponsor
Gray Boot Sponsor
Part of Bounce
Thoughts?

Good thing or just a pain in the arse?

Anyone effected at North Bridge.

Tbf althou its a city center street there are plenty ways to divert around it.

1 arrested I see for lying down on princess street?

Last edited:

GORDONSMITH7

**** The Gunts
Administrator
Flag Owner
Radge Donator
Bounce Radge
Player Sponsor
Lewis Flag Donator
Monthly Radge
Ladies Player Sponsor
Gray Boot Sponsor
Part of Bounce
Thoughts?

Tbf althou its s city center street there are plenty ways to divert around it.

Splendid. 100% support. In a wee country that allows disruption by the Loyal Orange Order casualy, over decades this ,is comparably nowt.
BIG G

Jack

Gray Boot Sponsor
Flag Owner
Radge Donator
Private Member
Bounce Radge
Player Sponsor
Monthly Radge
Ladies Player Sponsor
Gray Boot Sponsor
Part of Bounce
All for peaceful protests, been on a few many years ago. I think the idea there was to win over the Gunts and minds of those that for whatever reason came into contact with the march or whatever.

I'm not for the growing trend where some protests set out with the intent of causing damage and the likes. Whether I agree with the cause or not they deserve all they get.

Forzahibs

I'm a Radge Donator
Flag Owner
Radge Donator
Private Member
Bounce Radge
Monthly Radge
Not sure what they expect to achive to be honest , did they all walk to the demo site or drive / fly / bus i wonder .
Are we really all prepared to turn the clock back 200 years ? Not long back from the far east and i've never seen pollution like it , until that changes what we do here will change fuck all

Sir Shrink

Quite a bit past it radge
Flag Owner
Radge Donator
Private Member
Bounce Radge
Player Sponsor
Lewis Flag Donator
Monthly Radge
Part of Bounce
I’ve done a bit of protesting (yes, even the Rodders out one) but protests that make a point by annoying or disrupting folk going about their business I can’t be bothered with.

GORDONSMITH7

**** The Gunts
Administrator
Flag Owner
Radge Donator
Bounce Radge
Player Sponsor
Lewis Flag Donator
Monthly Radge
Ladies Player Sponsor
Gray Boot Sponsor
Part of Bounce
I’ve done a bit of protesting (yes, even the Rodders out one) but protests that make a point by annoying or disrupting folk going about their business I can’t be bothered with.
Do you mean like the 2 million in all major UK cities and towns protesting against Blairs illegal disastrous war on Iraq, the 1 million demonstrating for a so called Peoples vote the other month or the very same Bridges being closed off on more than 1 occasions by tartan clad,saltire waving Nationalist, marching from the top of the Royal Mile to Hollyrood.
BIG G

hibbybilly

radge grandad radge
Radge Donator
Private Member
Bounce Radge
Part of Bounce
Thoughts?

Tbf althou its a city center street there are plenty ways to divert around it.

Got arrested once for lying doon on Lothian Road... the guy that put me there got lifted tae.:box:

moathibby

Radge Private Member
Private Member
Bounce Radge
Been on more demos than some people have had hot dinners,as far afield as Prague.If people don't demonstrate what other options are there.The worlds being screwed up by industries and things we cannot have a direct influence on unless we say enough is enough.We cannot go on destrying this planet and if it takes a few thousand people having their day inconvienenced then so be it.And yes the news will get known in the far east,and yes there will be folk over in the Far East just as sick of things as we are.It only takes one spark to start a fire.

tayside hibee

Bounce Flag Co-Owner
Flag Owner
Radge Donator
Private Member
Bounce Radge
Player Sponsor
Sadly, peaceful protests don't achieve much. The authorities only take notice when real problems are caused. The poll tax riots are a fine example.

Jack

Gray Boot Sponsor
Flag Owner
Radge Donator
Private Member
Bounce Radge
Player Sponsor
Monthly Radge
Ladies Player Sponsor
Gray Boot Sponsor
Part of Bounce
Sadly, peaceful protests don't achieve much. The authorities only take notice when real problems are caused. The poll tax riots are a fine example.
Despite what I said earlier I don't think protests achieve much at all, riotous or peaceful. The miners strike being a fine example to counter your poll tax :-).

Sir Shrink

Flag Owner
Radge Donator
Private Member
Bounce Radge
Player Sponsor
Lewis Flag Donator
Monthly Radge
Part of Bounce
Do you mean like the 2 million in all major UK cities and towns protesting against Blairs illegal disastrous war on Iraq, the 1 million demonstrating for a so called Peoples vote the other month or the very same Bridges being closed off on more than 1 occasions by tartan clad,saltire waving Nationalist, marching from the top of the Royal Mile to Hollyrood.
BIG G
All noble causes in the eyes of many, although I’m not clear what they achieved.
Seems that maximum disruption to others is seen as some sort of accomplishment.

Gareth

Radge Donator
Radge Donator
Bounce Radge
All noble causes in the eyes of many, although I’m not clear what they achieved.
Seems that maximum disruption to others is seen as some sort of accomplishment.
Not sure about that Shrink, most improvements have been brought about by direct action, strikes for example. The examples given, yes we did still invade Iraq, but i have little doubt had it not been for the anti-war movement that we'd have been more likely to also have invaded Iran a few years later. I'm not a supporter of the so called peoples vote but the demo had a huge effect on mainstreaming that view, and I think there's a good chance it'll not happen. I'll avoid Big G's dig at the independence movements demos apart from saying at these demos I was no more a saltire waving, tartan clad nationalist than he as a No voter is Union jack waving Brit nat.

Sir Shrink

Flag Owner
Radge Donator
Private Member
Bounce Radge
Player Sponsor
Lewis Flag Donator
Monthly Radge
Part of Bounce
Not sure about that Shrink, most improvements have been brought about by direct action, strikes for example. The examples given, yes we did still invade Iraq, but i have little doubt had it not been for the anti-war movement that we'd have been more likely to also have invaded Iran a few years later. I'm not a supporter of the so called peoples vote but the demo had a huge effect on mainstreaming that view, and I think there's a good chance it'll not happen. I'll avoid Big G's dig at the independence movements demos apart from saying at these demos I was no more a saltire waving, tartan clad nationalist than he as a No voter is Union jack waving Brit nat.
Point taken, and I'm not against protest - as I mentioned I've taken part in one or two in the past. But although I protested where MSPs could see the strength of feeling, it didn't involve disrupting 'innocent folk' in going about their business.
Not against strikes either, but although it's no doubt pretty selfish of me when the French/Spanish Air Traffic Control or baggage handlers or whoever strike just when holidays are at their peak I tend not to sympathise much with their views and a bit more with the families who have just had their holiday ruined.

Jack

Gray Boot Sponsor
Flag Owner
Radge Donator
Private Member
Bounce Radge
Player Sponsor
Monthly Radge
Ladies Player Sponsor
Gray Boot Sponsor
Part of Bounce
I'm just wondering how much those responsible for climate change have been affected by these current protests?

Not a jot I'll wager.

A few weeks back there was a demonstration in the Chambers Street Museum around the petrochemical industry. A few protesters got into the museum, 3 of them used bicycle D locks round their necks to attach themselves to each other. It took the police some time to remove the locks with an angle grinder and arrest them. The petrochemical annual diner, which included guests from around the world, was held up by an hour or so. I would suggest that was more effective in upsetting those responsible.

moathibby

Radge Private Member
Private Member
Bounce Radge
Almost 250 people have been arrested so far on these demos.That means the coursts are going to be clogged up for weeks,if that's not having an effect on the system I don't know what is.The alternative to protest is to sit on your hands and let things happen.The protests over the poll tax put the final nail in Thatcher's coffin,and no it wasn't just one protest riot that did it.Town halls and sherrif offices and banks were being occupied all over the country for over a year.I should know I took part.As for the miners it took millions of pounds to defeat it and police brutality.If it wasn't effective why are we still talking about it today?You have a choice you can either get up off your knees and fight or forever live on your knees.Protests work otherwise the Algerians and Sudanese wouldn't be overthrowing their govts. right now.

GORDONSMITH7

**** The Gunts
Administrator
Flag Owner
Radge Donator
Bounce Radge
Player Sponsor
Lewis Flag Donator
Monthly Radge
Ladies Player Sponsor
Gray Boot Sponsor
Part of Bounce
I did not vote at all and have explained on here the reasons that I could not vote either way.
BIG G

GORDONSMITH7

**** The Gunts
Administrator
Flag Owner
Radge Donator
Bounce Radge
Player Sponsor
Lewis Flag Donator
Monthly Radge
Ladies Player Sponsor
Gray Boot Sponsor
Part of Bounce
Despite what I said earlier I don't think protests achieve much at all, riotous or peaceful. The miners strike being a fine example to counter your poll tax :-).
I know we older folk gradually lose a bit of memory but all must remember less than a year ago.....magnificent.

Thousands of women council workers in Glasgow are set to receive payouts that unions estimate could reach more than £500m in total following the resolution of a 12-year equal pay battle.

Last October more than 8,000 women employed in homecare, schools and nurseries, cleaning and catering services across the city took part in what was believed to be the biggest-ever equal pay strike in the UK.

Glasgow city council and the equal pay claimant group, represented by Action4Equality Scotland, and the Unison, GMB and Unite unions, confirmed on Thursday that they had reached an agreement in principle to a package of payments to resolve the historic claims.

BIG G

Sir Shrink

Flag Owner
Radge Donator
Private Member
Bounce Radge
Player Sponsor
Lewis Flag Donator
Monthly Radge
Part of Bounce
"You have a choice you can either get up off your knees and fight or forever live on your knees."

What if you choose neither extreme?

Jack

Gray Boot Sponsor
Flag Owner
Radge Donator
Private Member
Bounce Radge
Player Sponsor
Monthly Radge
Ladies Player Sponsor
Gray Boot Sponsor
Part of Bounce
I know we older folk gradually lose a bit of memory but all must remember less than a year ago.....magnificent.

Thousands of women council workers in Glasgow are set to receive payouts that unions estimate could reach more than £500m in total following the resolution of a 12-year equal pay battle.

Last October more than 8,000 women employed in homecare, schools and nurseries, cleaning and catering services across the city took part in what was believed to be the biggest-ever equal pay strike in the UK.

Glasgow city council and the equal pay claimant group, represented by Action4Equality Scotland, and the Unison, GMB and Unite unions, confirmed on Thursday that they had reached an agreement in principle to a package of payments to resolve the historic claims.

BIG G
There would have been no historic claims if the Labour led council had done the right thing by their employees in the first place.

The SNP did the right thing by their employees. Almost as soon as they came to power in the weege they opened meaningful negotiations and were within a baws hair of reaching the agreement before the action.

Gareth

Radge Donator
Radge Donator
Bounce Radge

BIG G
Aye but I was inconvenienced by having my kids nursery closed that day, these terrible low paid, exploited women messed up my day for what? Protest never works I tell you!

Donate

Help The Bounce, Bounce

We are looking for users to donate to reach our shortfall of £70 per month to pay for the server, can you spare a few quid at all?
Goal
£70.00
Earned
£30.00
This donation drive ends in

HIBS V Sheep

Donate

Help The Bounce, Bounce

We are looking for users to donate to reach our shortfall of £70 per month to pay for the server, can you spare a few quid at all?
Goal
£70.00
Earned
£30.00
This donation drive ends in