• Guest, The HibeesBounce invites you to enter our Monthly Draw...

Enter our Monthly Draw Here

GGTTH

• hibeesbounce

Strikes,Facts Figures Updates

BIG G

Who do you think could inspire a General Strike? Maybe for the day/week the new tory bastard leader takes office :sm113:

Chuck in a few riots across England for good measure. I'm saying England because in the past they've been so much better at it than the Jocks. 😄

Amazon workers in Bristol are currently taking part in a sit in.If Hibs can't cheer you up maybe this will?

Hired: Six Months Undercover in Low-Wage Britain.

Journalist James Bloodworth’s story of being ‘embedded’ for six months as a zero-hours worker is vital reading for all.

Any yous read this? It was a good read to be honest.

Just put on the film Life and Death in the Warehouse

Ah but will anyone notice?

Reach PLC hacks have voted to strike this month following a “meagre” 3% pay rise offer.

Express, Mirror and Star journalists, as well as those from countless local news outlets, will walk out on Friday 26 August, Wednesday 31 August, and 48 hours from September 14th to 15th.

They will also work only contracted hours from 1 to 13 September…

Reach offered staff a pay rise of either 3% or £750 minimum, which the National Union of Journalists said wasn’t enough, especially after last year’s 1% increase.

A total of 79% of members voted for the strike action on a 70% turnout.

Good luck to journalists,even if you work for rags I hate.

Ah but will anyone notice?

Reach PLC hacks have voted to strike this month following a “meagre” 3% pay rise offer.

Express, Mirror and Star journalists, as well as those from countless local news outlets, will walk out on Friday 26 August, Wednesday 31 August, and 48 hours from September 14th to 15th.

They will also work only contracted hours from 1 to 13 September…

Reach offered staff a pay rise of either 3% or £750 minimum, which the National Union of Journalists said wasn’t enough, especially after last year’s 1% increase.

A total of 79% of members voted for the strike action on a 70% turnout.
Reach are probably the worst rags out there for accuracy and I use that term loosely.

The burger flipping end of journalism I'd be happy to see them sink.

I didn't realise reach plc owned so many rags.....

JOURNALISTS working across two companies in Scotland, on titles which include The Scotsman, Daily Record and Sunday Mail, will be taking strike action on Friday August 26.

Staff on Reach plc titles, including the Perthshire Advertiser, Stirling Observer, Dumfries and Galloway Standards and the Live Websites along with the Daily Record, have voted for strike action and action short of a strike.

I didn't realise reach plc owned so many rags.....

JOURNALISTS working across two companies in Scotland, on titles which include The Scotsman, Daily Record and Sunday Mail, will be taking strike action on Friday August 26.

Staff on Reach plc titles, including the Perthshire Advertiser, Stirling Observer, Dumfries and Galloway Standards and the Live Websites along with the Daily Record, have voted for strike action and action short of a strike.
They’ll probs strike on the 27th theyre always a day late wi the news stories.

They’ll probs strike on the 27th theyre always a day late wi the news stories.
😂

Bin strikes should be fun for us all for the next two weeks. Bins round me are already overflowing, hate to see the state in two weeks, time for the government to offer something acceptable to our bin workers.

Bigger bins!

I'm being fashishous.Or something.Spelling alert from Barney.

CWU union-Posties just voted 98.7% to go on strike.Don't know how you get .7% of a postie but there you go.

I'm being fashishous.Or something.Spelling alert from Barney.
Facetious Moaty. I think the only word in the dictionary with all the vowels in alphabetical order

Facetious Moaty. I think the only word in the dictionary with all the vowels in alphabetical order
Meant tae add.. unless anyone knows another?

When did the bin men operatives become part of the council again? I'd thought they had all been hived out to the private sector.

I wis gonnae say that facetious describes poker wi yer mates.

Ends in ious.

As far as I know the binmen are inhouse.But must admit I took my eye off the ball when I left in '91.

Just got a bulk uplift this morning.It was a Cooncil form I had to fill in.

I wis gonnae say that facetious describes poker wi yer mates.

Ends in ious.
I thought it was what Mussolini and his mates were.

dinnae fasc yersel aboot it

Nah. They were Ayeties. 😀

I’ve often been described as abstemious.

No.
I haven’t.

No.
I haven’t.
Obstreperous, shurely? 😂

No.
I haven’t.
Funnily enough I'm being abstemious, ham and tomato sans and a bottle of Bud. Good word btw, there are probably others but none that I know, or can pronounce, for that matter.

Obstreperous, shurely? 😂
Starts wi an O, and has nae I.

Could answer that facetiously but I'm being abstemious about facetiousness.

Could answer that facetiously but I'm being abstemious about facetiousness.
Nah yer no gettin that... well I'll gi yi it if I can get facetiousnessly.

Nah yer no gettin that... well I'll gi yi it if I can get facetiousnessly.
Aye goan then. Seeing as you didnae pick me up on the second e.

Aye goan then. Seeing as you didnae pick me up on the second e.
Glad he didn’t make you acerbitous.

Starts wi an O, and has nae I.
Oh, aye! 😉

Nah. They were Ayeties. 😀
I thought that was when Frankie said 'Relax'.?

No.
I haven’t.
Well sober up then.

I thought that was when Frankie said 'Relax'.?
Ah, Eighties. I Obviously Understand.

Screenshot_20220818-001806_Facebook.jpg

BIG G

A quick google search suggest inflation is 10.1% in the UK today.... thats nearly 11.1% folks ;))

something to peruse-1660830069728.png

This thread has been viewed 30446 times.

Your donation helps pay for our dedicated server and software support renewals. We really do appreciate it!
Goal
£100.00
Earned
£28.75