• Stay at home. Protect Everyone.

Save Lives, Stay Safe.

Hibs Kids In Hospital - Thank You NHS Shirt Donation

Qries

Staycations and Holiday Hassles

Admin
Many of seen our trips abroad in the summer vanish over the last few months. Those of you who know me, know I love going to Spain and spend 2 or 3 weeks in Andalucia every summer, I was supposed to go later this month, and was heading to Sevilla, Cordoba and Sabinillas (near where Hibs played in January). My hotels in Sevilla and Cordoba have offered me vouchers to use in the next year, I am good with that as I had booked non refundable rooms, fair play and I go to Spain every year. My pal who I rent my place from has refunded me my deposit in full. Easyjet are taking the piss, they have offered me 100 options on re-booking and one on refund. The shits have offered the refund for the flight out as its cancelled, they have not offered a refund on the flight back as its not been cancelled (yet!). Friends and family that were booked to travel late March have still not received refunds. I expect a long wait.

So what to do in these difficult times? I need a break, I have worked my backside off during this crisis. Scotland is a beautiful country, we have been careful in our steps to the return to normality and have made mistakes along the way. We decided this summer we would stay in Scotland and have chosen a cracking lodge near Oban for a week in early August. What impressed me was the owner of the site has committed to a full refund if we have further issues with the virus or the lockdown requirements, they fog the facilities before we move in and there is a chip van on site!

What hassles have you all had and what are your plans now?

Last edited:

HibeeZab

Admin
Many of seen our trips abroad in the summer vanish over the last few months. Those of you who know me, know I love going to Spain and spend 2 or 3 weeks in Andalucia every summer, I was supposed to go later this month, and was heading to Sevilla, Cordoba and Sabinillas (near where Hibs played in January). My hotels in Sevilla and Cordoba have offered me vouchers to use in the next year, I am good with that as I had booked non refundable rooms, fair play and I god to Spain every year. My pal who I rent my place from has refunded me my deposit in full. Easyjet are taking the piss, they have offered me 100 options on re-booking and one on refund. The shits have offered the refund for the flight out as its cancelled, they have not offered a refund on the flight back as its not been cancelled (yet!). Friends and family that were booked to travel late March have still not received refunds. I expect a long wait.

So what to do in these difficult times? I need a break, I have worked my backside off during this crisis. Scotland is a beautiful country, we have been careful in our steps to the return to normality and have made mistakes along the way. We decided this summer we would stay in Scotland and have chosen a cracking lodge near Oban for a week in early August. What impressed me was the owner of the site has committed to a full refund if we have further issues with the virus or the lockdown requirements, they fog the facilities before we move in and there is a chip van on site!

I’ve spent most of the lockdown working in London, like you have been working harder than normal during the pandemic.

I’ve decided to book a week off and spend it at home, in sunny Edinburgh.

EA2007

Last Of The Summer Wine Radge
Bounce Radge
Good thread. Look forward to reading replies from those informed as Mates who come to visit from the Fatherland have probably seen more of Scotland than me.

Ryanair - refund request in and know it will take a while

EasyJet - wasn’t sure the flight would be cancelled as Portugal wasn’t too bad mid March so opted to rebook to Tenerife in Oct for free

Eurowings - bejng twats and only offering rebook or voucher despite multiple requests

Hotel refunds received. Both thru Zen hotels who are a good agent

Forzahibs

I'm a Radge Donator
Bounce Radge
I was lucky i got back from holiday 2 days before lockdown but ive worked right through too and need away . We've booked 2 nights in Banchory with two pals in October and we're doing a night in Thurso and the next night in Ullapool in late August . I've never been further north than Dingwall so looking forward to hunners of fantastic photo opportunities

Admin
I was lucky i got back from holiday 2 days before lockdown but ive worked right through too and need away . We've booked 2 nights in Banchory with two pals in October and we're doing a night in Thurso and the next night in Ullapool in late August . I've never been further north than Dingwall so looking forward to hunners of fantastic photo opportunities
I have never been further north than Dingwall either, its on my list.

The Family

Capital Radge
Bounce Radge
Was booked for 10 nights in Portugal on the 1st June which has been refunded and rebooked for next year. During the first period of lockdown I was furloughed by my company but as the months got more and more down the line I got made redundant.

Forzahibs

I'm a Radge Donator
Bounce Radge
Was booked for 10 nights in Portugal on the 1st June which has been refunded and rebooked for next year. During the first period of lockdown I was furloughed by my company but as the months got more and more down the line I got made redundant.
thats shite , hope you get something soon :( the furlough scheme is meant to prevent that happening

The Family

Capital Radge
Bounce Radge
thats shite , hope you get something soon :( the furlough scheme is meant to prevent that happening
I know Daz mate, being in the hospitality business and my role was managing New Business there wasn’t any and won’t be for a while as the industry is closed. The government kept on mentioning this will reopen soon but the industry owners don’t share this at all as under the social distancing guidelines it isn’t worth them reopening financially.

Forzahibs

I'm a Radge Donator
Bounce Radge
I know Daz mate, being in the hospitality business and my role was managing New Business there wasn’t any and won’t be for a while as the industry is closed. The government kept on mentioning this will reopen soon but the industry owners don’t share this at all as under the social distancing guidelines it isn’t worth them reopening financially.
shame mate , hope things improve very soon

Jack

Bounce Radge
Many of seen our trips abroad in the summer vanish over the last few months. Those of you who know me, know I love going to Spain and spend 2 or 3 weeks in Andalucia every summer, I was supposed to go later this month, and was heading to Sevilla, Cordoba and Sabinillas (near where Hibs played in January). My hotels in Sevilla and Cordoba have offered me vouchers to use in the next year, I am good with that as I had booked non refundable rooms, fair play and I go to Spain every year. My pal who I rent my place from has refunded me my deposit in full. Easyjet are taking the piss, they have offered me 100 options on re-booking and one on refund. The shits have offered the refund for the flight out as its cancelled, they have not offered a refund on the flight back as its not been cancelled (yet!). Friends and family that were booked to travel late March have still not received refunds. I expect a long wait.

Chip van sold it for me, I'm in!

I was lucky and managed a long weekend in Alicante before the shitstorm happened so at least I've been away!

Lads weekend in Benalmadina in March cancelled. Mate booked the flights with Ryanair so no surprises we've not had a refund yet. Mates house, no problems there.

10 days in Salou cancelled, would have been back this week. Rebooked easily with Jet2 through Fruitin Travel.

Was supposed to be going to Copenhagen for a half marathon 🏃‍♂️in September, not me running obviously :3: My wife booked all this. Easyjet and non-refundable hotel. Not confident about getting much back here.
Back for 3 days.
Off to Benalmadina with Mrs Jackie for 2 weeks. Just tracking flights just now, mates house so that's not an issue.
Back for 3 days .
Off to Menorca for a week or 10 days through Jet2. I'm not confident it will happen but confident I'll be happy with the alternatives offered by Fruitin Travel :))

There would have been another lads weekend and we're talking about it but nothing firm.

In between all that Mrs Jackie and I would have been travelling as far as our bus passes would take us to places all over Scotland for a long walk, the pub and home.

To be honest I can't even see us getting as much as a LRT bus in the foreseeable.

Greenmachine

Bounce Radge
Sorry to hear that. Hope you get another job soon.

Greenmachine

Bounce Radge
I've not worked since 20th March. Not been able to work from home for various reasons. Currently furloughed. Rather than a holiday I would just like to get back to work.
Thankfully I didn't have any travel or holidays booked apart from a week-end in Liverpool I had planned for next month with my nephew and was very much looking forward to, we've postponed that now till the bars and clubs are able to open again without social distancing which will likely be next year now. Can't wait to travel abroad again, but I realise that probably won't be this year.

EA2007

Bounce Radge
Heard Jet2 have been well ahead of the game when sorting people out including refunds so will bear that in mind when flying with them is an option and F opting for the one that’s a tenner or twenty cheaper.

Admin
Sorry to hear that D, you would think they would keep furloughing for now, its costing them nowt?

The Family

Capital Radge
Bounce Radge
Heard Jet2 have been well ahead of the game when sorting people out including refunds so will bear that in mind when flying with them is an option and F opting for the one that’s a tenner or twenty cheaper.
Always book with Jet2 the service is second to none.

EA2007

Bounce Radge
That was my thought as well and worth comparing to cases where companies were furloughing ex staff who had only recently left them to help people out in exceptional circumstances.

hibbybilly

radge grandad radge
Bounce Radge
Stag tae Benidorm in July cancelled, trying tae rebook September weekend. Hope he disnae bring his wife👍😂

Visit Frutin Travel Visit Robertsons Garage

Donate

Help The Bounce, Bounce

We are looking for users to donate to reach our shortfall of £100 per month to pay for the server, we realise that users may not be able to with this nasty virus, but if can, it would be very much appriecated ? We have had some cancellations on Direct Debits sadly. If you wish to set up a DD then please do so via the UPGRADES section. Stay Safe, The Bounce.
Goal
£100.00
Earned
£10.00
This donation drive ends in
Visit Frutin Travel Visit Robertsons Garage

The Bounce is 18 Years Old