• Stay at home. Protect Everyone.

Save Lives, Stay Safe.

Hibs Kids In Hospital - Thank You NHS Shirt Donation

Qries

Staycations and Holiday Hassles

PILTONSTANY

Shameless Radge
Bounce Radge
Me and My Daughter booked to go to Benidorm on 5th Aug,Travel Republic say they’ll let us know 2 weeks before dep if hotel is a goer.
No heard anything from EasyJet yet.
Happy to travel if able to tbh but nightmare if one is cancelled but not the other.

Admin
Me and My Daughter booked to go to Benidorm on 5th Aug,Travel Rep say they’ll let us know 2 weeks before dep if hotel is a goer.
No heard anything from EasyJet yet.
Happy to travel if able to tbh but nightmare if one is cancelled but not the other.
My recent experience, EasyJet will contact you exactly 2 weeks before you fly and try and do everything in their power to get you to rebook with them or take vouchers.

davhfc

Bounce Radge
Was meant to get married 1st of May, honeymoon to Lake Garda Italy, all cancelled.

Honeymoon refunded by Jet2 didnae even have to contact them, they emailed us! Wedding re-booked for next year, will wait to see what happens before rebooking the honeymoon..

broonieboy

On holiday Radge
Bounce Radge
Was meant to be in Lake Como/Milan in April. Lost hotel money and after 7 weeks got full refund off EasyJet. I bombarded them with twitter DMs around 20 times a day for the 7 weeks until they eventually replied and then it only took 3 days to get my money back.
Luckily hadn’t booked anything for summer and think the best case for us would be getting to Elie or the East Neuk for a few days later in summer. As @1875 says, we live in a beautiful country which is going to need picking up and put back on its feet. If me spending some money in our hospitality industry can make even a tiny contribution to its survival I think it’s a good thing to do.
Had plans for a possible big birthday trip to either South Africa or USA next summer but considering shelving this until the world stops self destructing.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Westside Green

Bounce Radge
I have never been further north than Dingwall either, its on my list.
I remember the wife asking me why there was sand pits at the side of the road at the Berriedale Braes!
Watch out for artics coming round the hairpin bends.
Done a daytrip from John O'Groats to Orkney which was quite interesting.

Last edited:

hibbiemacfie

Bounce Radge
I'm heading to Tighnabruaich for my hols as soon as you're permitted to travel. Superb.

Last edited:

NGP

A message to you, radge
Bounce Radge
Had my trip to Amsterdam in March postponed until September (not convinced that will happen either).
Had a week in Orkney planned in July, but ferry company cancelled the sailing, refunds from ferry & accommodation no problem.

We have provisionally booked a wee self catering cottage for that week in July, in the East Neuk of Fife, no big deal if it gets bumped (free cancellation) and easy to to pack & go if it is a goer.

greensalamander

Bounce Radge
Can't fault Jet2, meant to be of to Greece next week, they emailed, told me it was cancelled and full refund in account 3 days later

Power

Bounce Radge
Was meant to be a staycation for me and my lot this year - a week near Skye, first week of the school holidays, but we’ll not be in phase 3 by then so cancelled till another time.

Had a 1000mile self supported cycle round Scotland lined up in just over a weeks time (technically a holiday away from everything - an extreme self isolation in itself) but that’s put off to next year.

A weekend trip to see Hibs win the Scottish cup in May postponed to late 2020 early 2021.

Will look up North in October school holidays.

tricky

Bounce Radge
Not wanting to go too far from home over summer, booked caravan at Coldingham bay for four nights mid July and a cottage down East Lothian way later in month, be good to get a change of scene

hibbiemacfie

Bounce Radge
Waiting for dry period up in the wilds, proper social distancing with my tent, sleeping bag, kettle, porridge, honey, hip flask, night stars and my wee mates the midges. Fancy the Isle of Eigg again, maybe Rum. My idea of heaven.
Na Daddy, You've got it all wrong! What you want to do is fly with a plane full of passengers to one of the holiday resorts in Spain. Get pissed and lie about in the sun till you're fried through. Two weeks and you'll be a new man. Enjoy.

Daddy 'O' Hibee

The Hibee Radge
Bounce Radge
Na Daddy, You've got it all wrong! What you want to do is fly with a plane full of passengers to one of the holiday resorts in Spain. Get pissed and lie about in the sun till you're fried through. Two weeks and you'll be a new man. Enjoy.
Love just disappearing for a few days up the hills, get into trouble for saying two to three days and extending it by three to four days. No phones, the only thing I need is scenery, solitude and my camping necessities. Not for everybody, but highly recommend it. Try a night up the Pentlands, then spread your wings up north. The only rules, leave things as you find it.

1_alex_edwards

Bounce Radge
Didnt have anything booked this yr holiday wise we had planned to see what was available last min
ive worked right through 10 hr shifts working for a supermarket its been like the run up to xmas for 3 months so need a break

Weve booked a cottage near Dumfries end off Aug for a week part off the country ive never been gonna do a bit off walking

Had a couple off punk weekends booked Rebellion and Scotland Calling both cancelled till next yr

Admin
I am in Oban for a week in early August. I did suggest meeting with hibbiemacfie who lives up that way, but he was angling for me to buy him beers, talk about local hospitality. ;))

I am going with another 17 close family members (spread over 4 chalets and caravans), looking forward to it, although I doubt solitude will come into that trip, best I might get is reading a book on the porch before everyone wakes up!

But I am still looking to go to Spain when its safe, I would rather be there than here truth be told and I love Scotland.

hibbybilly

radge grandad radge
Bounce Radge
I am in Oban for a week in early August. I did suggest meeting with hibbiemacfie who lives up that way, but he was angling for me to buy him beers, talk about local hospitality. ;))

I am going with another 17 close family members (spread over 4 chalets and caravans), looking forward to it, although I doubt solitude will come into that trip, best I might get is reading a book on the porch before everyone wakes up!

But I am still looking to go to Spain when its safe, I would rather be there than here truth be told and I love Scotland.
I went campin tae Oban wi my family when I was 7 years old and had £1 tae last me the week. I spent 14/6 on a torch and my old man went fuckin tonto 😂. I thought I could buy the torch and still have a shilling a day and widnae need one the last day as we wid be drivin hame. My Maw saw the funny side when I explained my logic.😊

Desperate Dan

Scottish no british, ya radge
Bounce Radge
I think I'm going tae have a long weekend in Bournemouth at the beach :giggley:

Actually nah, have a few wild camping weekends and Munro climbing in some wild and lonely places in Scotland, that will dae for me. As far off the tourist trail as possible. If thousands of other people want tae be somewhere, I want tae be exactly somewhere else

100_1147.JPG Disnae get much wilder and lonelier than this place, my wee one man tent in the wilds of Rannoch Moor in 2017. Scotland is an amazing place :grinning-smiley-045: 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁳󠁣󠁴󠁿

Last edited:

Hectorhib

Bounce Radge
Booked to go to Krakow with Easyjet in mid August.The return flight is showing as "sold out".Easyjet are saying that's either because the flight is sold out or in case it may have to be cancelled.So, I'm uncertain as to whether I'll be there or not.

Visit Frutin Travel Visit Robertsons Garage

Donate

Help The Bounce, Bounce

We are looking for users to donate to reach our shortfall of £100 per month to pay for the server, we realise that users may not be able to with this nasty virus, but if can, it would be very much appriecated ? We have had some cancellations on Direct Debits sadly. If you wish to set up a DD then please do so via the UPGRADES section. Stay Safe, The Bounce.
Goal
£100.00
Earned
£10.00
This donation drive ends in
Visit Frutin Travel Visit Robertsons Garage

The Bounce is 18 Years Old