• Guest, The HibeesBounce invites you to enter our Monthly Draw...

Enter our Monthly Draw Here

GGTTH

• hibeesbounce

Sir david grays challenge on Brown

Keithd1875

Well-Known Radge
Reaction score
Haven't seen this since the game does anyone have a clip of this ?

What a captain we have

Check out @lyall_hibees’s Tweet:

Cheers mate - that is Fucking beautiful

Glorious.

What a man. Celebrated that challenge like we’d just scored.

Just what was needed as brown strolls about like he owns the place

Just what was needed as brown strolls about like he owns the place
I am not a Broonie fan, not a Broonie fan, now, that is. When he was at ER he was one of the best youngsters coming through our youth system but since he has gone to the dark side, he has not developed as a player at the same rate as he did when he was one of ours. However, to his credit yesterday, after Sir David came in with that thumping challenge, Broonie got up and got on with it. No histrionics, no nothing. I think he simply accepted he had been tackled in the manner that he has tackled others over the years. A wee bit of his own medicine? You bet!! Long may the thumping tackles come in from such a wonderful player as our Cup winner. And to think Lennon simply wouldn't play him! Says it all.

Almost the perfect tackle - Broonie certainly felt it! In fact, I can't remember Broonie ever making a tackle like that, legally anyway!

I am not a Broonie fan, not a Broonie fan, now, that is. When he was at ER he was one of the best youngsters coming through our youth system but since he has gone to the dark side, he has not developed as a player at the same rate as he did when he was one of ours. However, to his credit yesterday, after Sir David came in with that thumping challenge, Broonie got up and got on with it. No histrionics, no nothing. I think he simply accepted he had been tackled in the manner that he has tackled others over the years. A wee bit of his own medicine? You bet!! Long may the thumping tackles come in from such a wonderful player as our Cup winner. And to think Lennon simply wouldn't play him! Says it all.
I think we ( HFC ) got a lucky escape re Lennon departing. He had gone painfully stale and dull , no doubt in mind fuelled by the obvious issue that Brenda R was not happy at Celtic and as soon as he was tapped up by an EPL side he was off. I don't blame BR for leaving Celtic one bit , the board didn't support him , but I am convinced NL knew he would get the managers seat at least until the end of season ( it was risk free for their cheapskate board) and he then orchestrated his departure from Hibs. |( thankfully)

Don't know it it was purely down to his fitness but I had a feeling Lennon didn't like David Gray maybe because he was too big a figure/hero at the club for his liking - could be wrong on that but he persisted for long periods playing Whittaker before Gray even when he was fit. Said to a mate a few weeks before Lennon left it it came down ti a choice between him and David Gray there would only be one winner - delighted to have been proven right and even more delighted SDG has a long term future at thr club (daz too another legend)

I am delighted to read of your comment about a choice between Sir David and his former manager, because I, too, have said that often enough to my mates. Just ask them !! (Yes, I know you can't but I also know you get what I mean.) For someone who is supposed to "know the game", Lennon was shown up in not being able to recognise, indeed, stubbornly failing to accept, what a terrific player he had in our Cup winner. And I concur wholeheartedly that SDG was indeed much too popular as far as Lennon was concerned.

I can't think of any other reason why he would start Whitaker before Gray. Heard a lot of pish about Whittaker being better if playing a 3-5-2 another mystery of the Lennon last few months.

Fair, solid and executed to perfection. A thumping tackle I’d want all my players being capable of.

Fair play to Brown getting on with it. Shame his vice captain isn’t made of the same stuff.

Rumour that I heard was the Lennon didn't want to renew SDG's contract and also Stevensons, that was over ruled by Leanne and the start of the slippery slope for Lennon

Rumour that I heard was the Lennon didn't want to renew SDG's contract and also Stevensons, that was over ruled by Leanne and the start of the slippery slope for Lennon

Slightly surprised about Stevenson as he was a regular starter for Lennon, although perhaps that was through necessity. He clearly didn’t rate Gray, which was a major error in judgement.

The more we improve under Heckingbottom, and the more Lennon struggles with a “superior” set of players at his disposal, the more I think his departure from Hibernian was a good thing.

What a man. Celebrated that challenge like we’d just scored.

Me too! Was up out my seat giving it a big "Yaaaassssss!"

One of my favourite Hibs moments that didn't involve us scoring I think.

SDG's challenge was as hard and as perfectly executed a challenge as I can recall.

Mallan's would be up there too if the referee hadn't been conned by Lustig.

Probs the reason SDG had as good a game, a getitupyi tae Lennon.

Slightly surprised about Stevenson as he was a regular starter for Lennon, although perhaps that was through necessity. He clearly didn’t rate Gray, which was a major error in judgement.

The more we improve under Heckingbottom, and the more Lennon struggles with a “superior” set of players at his disposal, the more I think his departure from Hibernian was a good thing.

Lennon tried to sign Emilio Izaguirre as a left back as I recall, but he declined the offer as he knew Lewie was the better player.

Probably something in that. Found it strange that both players were benched. I'd understand one if he was trying to gee the player up but both. Many stories have emerged of Lennons strange ideas and I think a poor atmosphere in the changing room led to his departure more than anything else. The form of both players since hecky came in tells it's own story.

If Lennon wanted to drop Stevenson and Gray and thinks he could have got better players at hibs he's even more of a fool than i thought

Probably something in that. Found it strange that both players were benched. I'd understand one if he was trying to gee the player up but both. Many stories have emerged of Lennons strange ideas and I think a poor atmosphere in the changing room led to his departure more than anything else. The form of both players since hecky came in tells it's own story.
The form of every player has got better, Hecky seems tae have gave all the players a confidence that was lacking wi Lennon.

If Lennon wanted to drop Stevenson and Gray and thinks he could have got better players at hibs he's even more of a fool than i thought
He wanted us to push out the boat for Izaguirre. Aye, he really did

Frightening stuff - I remember him and Whittaker both "running" for a loose ball when we beat them 2-0 - it was like watching football from the 1970s!!

This thread has been viewed 2237 times.

Your donation helps pay for our dedicated server and software support renewals. We really do appreciate it!
Goal
£100.00
Earned
£28.75