• Guest, The HibeesBounce invites you to enter our Monthly Draw...

Enter our Monthly Draw Here

GGTTH

• hibeesbounce

Saturday Night At The Movies

Went to see it tonight loved it. Great music obvs especially imo the ska number he did when he was young. I didn’t know that one. Great track
Good eh? We fair enjoyed it.

Made in Britain. The whole film is on Yatube.....

errol shit on his.

Anyone seen the Richard Linklater film Boyhood? It's the story of a kid growing up from 6 to 18. It was shot over 12 years so that the cast age in real time without having to use different actors. Don't think I've ever seen anything like it. Totally unique.
Missed 12 years a slave then?

Decent film if you get a chance to see it anywhere......

watched Poor Things tonight, wonderfully weird and provacative riff on Frankenstein where the protagonist is a erotomaniac adventurer. based on Alastair Grey's novel. Emma Stone and Mark Ruffalo in particular are brilliant. Would recommend if you're not watching with your niece or old mother

Just finished Napoleon on Apple TV.

Dull as fvck.

Just put the remake of the film Roadhoose on't telly.

A classic tonight

1711206299591.png

Last edited:

Any good?

It's a decent wee watch to be honest. Obviously the usual disbelief at some scenes.

Conor McGregor is brilliant in his over the top role.

I’m going to see the new Ghostbusters at the Everyman tonight

I know it's a film but the folk it's based on are real folk.
Folk who give a fuck about football and pride.

The Beautiful Game

Watched Ripley on Netflix.
8 episodes in 2 evenings.
Slow , but we'll worth it.

I started tonight and am currently on episode 3.

I was watching Fargo but I found it hard to get into the Ewan McGregor one - might be easier after a break.

I found the choice of actor to play Freddie pretty confusing. The fact that they very obviously aren't a man made me think that this was another intrigue added to the plot, but no - it's just bad casting.

And now being PC fucks up our grammar too!

I found the choice of actor to play Freddie pretty confusing. The fact that they very obviously aren't a man made me think that this was another intrigue added to the plot, but no - it's just bad casting.

And now being PC fucks up our grammar too!
Recognises as non binary!
Born female.
Possibly a nod to this ?
It was confusing, in a plot that is a bit harder than normal to follow.

It doesnt last too long.....the ashtray simplifies....

Recognises as non binary!
Born female.
Possibly a nod to this ?
It was confusing, in a plot that is a bit harder than normal to follow.

Lol.
Couldnt invent such a story.

Saw Late Night with the Devil at the cinema the other night.

Not sure what I made of it. It's a mockumentary featuring the supposed lost footage of a late 70s American late night chat show where a young girl who claims to be able to communicate with the devil has her powers tested live with predictable results. Imagine that old BBC Screen One episode Ghostwatch with a satanic glow up.

The period detail is good but the characters were too obviously parodies of real people to buy into it being real footage (the other guests on the show are an Uri Gellar esque psychic and a James Randi esque sceptic). It also drops the pretence of being a documentary when it suits the scares. The ending is quite something but would never have been caught by the shows original cameras if you stop to think about it for more than a couple of seconds.

Not bad but, as a horror nerd who could predict all the beats, I was a little underwhelmed and I found all the nods and references for folk like me more annoying than endearing. I'll probably give it another chance when it gets to streaming though. I suspect I might have gone in with higher than necessary expectations due to the rave reviews it's been getting.

Last edited:
I started tonight and am currently on episode 3.

I was watching Fargo but I found it hard to get into the Ewan McGregor one - might be easier after a break.
Fargo is brill.
Persevere.

Fargo is brill.
Persevere.
I'm still struggling a wee bit with the third season but I'm getting there.

Ewan McGregor does pretty well in his double role, but for me David Thewlis as Varga steals the show. I'm not sure anyone plays total scumbags better than him.

Last edited:
I watched that last week and thought it was decent.

It's a decent wee watch to be honest. Obviously the usual disbelief at some scenes.

Conor McGregor is brilliant in his over the top role.
Nutjob wasn't he.

I thought it was great stuff albeit a bit film noir.

I thought it was great stuff albeit a bit film noir.
Yeah, noir et blanc !

Any of yous hip muso types on here seen this before? Just a way to watch it on YaTube.....

No One Knows About Persian Cats (2009)

Iranian musicians Negar and Ashkan look for band members to play at a London concert - and the visas that allow them to leave Tehran to do so.

Here this film is worth a gander. Underground music in Tehran. Indie/folk/metal bands so far.

Went to see the Amy Winehouse film at the pictures last night.

It’s a really dull story. Really sad, but the film doesn’t really provide any worthwhile insight into her life her music.

It was watchable; but ultimately quite pointless.

I'm still struggling a wee bit with the third season but I'm getting there.

Ewan McGregor does pretty well in his double role, but for me David Thewlis as Varga steals the show. I'm not sure anyone plays total scumbags better than him.
This was also the one I struggled with but revisited it based on @hibbybilly’s recommendation. Glad I did as it’s brilliant and as you say Thewlis is fantastic as chief antagonist. Series 4 and 5 are great too, season 5 in particular.

Watched the remake of Roadhouse on Amazon recently. Pretty good although the last half hour was just nonsense and the Connor McGregor character wasn’t mean enough to make me care whether he lived or died!

Decent wee watch on freevee. No as good as The Proposition but it's decent.

Just put this on't telly.

Damaged

is a 2024 action thriller film directed by Terry McDonough and starring Samuel L. Jackson, Vincent Cassel and Gianni Capaldi.
It follows Chicago-based detective Dan Lawson (Jackson) who investigates a series of serial killings in Scotland alongside another detective, Walter Bravo (Cassel).

As the case continues, Lawson discovers a pattern similar to another killing spree he handled five years prior.

And Edinburgh features in it.....

Decent wee watch on freevee. No as good as The Proposition but it's decent.

There's a Scottish version - Ben the Lobby.

Oh and Livingston is one of the locations in the film as well

Rebel Moon part 2 on't telly now.

Rebel Moon part 2 on't telly now.
Zack Synder is one of the weirdest people in Hollywood.

I really enjoyed his Dawn of the Dead remake and I think Watchmen is massively underrated....

Everything he's done since then (that I've seen) has been fucking wank. So I've deliberately avoided his output. I'd be delighted to see something good from him though.

Rebel Moon is a wee tad predictable.

Where in the future a multitude of folks from other planets are all martial arts experts and speak English.

And the baddies are from baddie central casting. (Who speak English and are martial arts enthusiasts but no experts as they keep getting a kicking) (allegedly).

Hame fae graft and now lounging I've just put this on't telly.....

Her Smell (2018)

A self-destructive punk rocker struggles with sobriety while trying to recapture the creative inspiration that led her band to success.

The above film is a bit pony though.

Edit
It does portray a good look at a personal meltdown of someone.

Last edited:

This thread has been viewed 57306 times.

Your donation helps pay for our dedicated server and software support renewals. We really do appreciate it!
Goal
£100.00
Earned
£28.75