Livingston

Greenmachine

Aulder Than The Internet This Radge
8 straight wins for Livingston under Martindale...undoubtedly the form team in the league after the Huns.

Some transformation in fortunes with a new boss at the helm.

Smurf

Auld Enuff Tae Know Better This Radge
8 straight wins for Livingston under Martindale...undoubtedly the form team in the league after the Huns.

Some transformation in fortunes with a new boss at the helm.

What's their season ticket numbers compared to ours? Their budget compared to ours?

Sir Shrink

Retired Radge
What's their season ticket numbers compared to ours? Their budget compared to ours?

I'm not sure about concrete figures for them, I remember Livi offered to refund all their ST holders when the leagues were called early.
At that time they said that if everyone took up the offer then they would lose £62000.

By my reckoning that means a ST there must cost about £6200.00

No idea about budgets I'm afraid. They bankrupted the local lottery winner millionaire, so it's difficult to see where external funding would come in now.

I suppose a gander at the audited accounts would show that. Or perhaps the other set hidden behind the painting in the Board Room.

Last edited:

greencol

Skivin cooncil Radge
The quality of their player for their budget is remarkable.
Spending money is often not the answer. Look at Dundee Utd in their league winning days. Aberdeen in theirs.
It's the team that is important, and Livi look to have that balance.
Probably more instances , but I'm off to work.

Greenmachine

Aulder Than The Internet This Radge
Livingston were terrible in the first quarter of this season. Absolutely dreadful.
Hibs hammered them 4-1 at their own stadium and it was going on 6-1.
They were being looked upon as potential relegation candidates, that's why their former manager walked the plank.

What has happened is a new boss has came in and organised them properly. It helped that he knew the players strengths and weaknesses anyway as he was already in situ. He has motivated the players superbly and made some of them go from huddies to consistent star turns in a very short space of time.

It is Martindale's influence that has made the difference. An incredible turnaround worthy of commendation by everyone in the scottish game. They are now very tough opponents for any team and that is to their new managers' great credit.