• Guest, The HibeesBounce invites you to enter our Monthly Draw...

Enter our Monthly Draw Here

GGTTH

• hibeesbounce

Jones

Hibernia

Just A Radge
Reaction score
Dare I say it I have put myself through the misery of watching that shambles of a match again. I wasnt planning a player bashing or anything, but several things about certain players are standing out, Benji and Boozy have threads as does Maka. So here is a Rob Jones one.

He IMO is no leader on the park, Hoggy is the one that directs the back four. His passing is dire. His marking is non existent at times and is dragged around the park, over to the touchlines etc, thats not what a centre half should be doing again IMO. He just doesnt seem to communicate with the keeper. There are also 3 or 4 examples of when he should have just put the ball clear into row z but he always messes about with it, he should have done the same v St Mirren the other week but a poor back pass led to the 2nd goal.

As for his part in the goal. He stands in the same spot as the corner flew over his head, turns around still on the same spot and never moved to get near Velicka who had a free header 3 yards out. That quite frankly from a 6ft 7in centre half aint good enough.

He may be our captain and he is obviously unhappy from the way he meanders around the park. If we were lucky enough to get an offer for him Id accept it and let him go as his for over the last 12 months has been rubbish.

This is just my opinion but wanted to see what anyone else thought.

Completely agree, but who would replace him in the current squad of players?

Dare I say it I have put myself through the misery of watching that shambles of a match again. I wasnt planning a player bashing or anything, but several things about certain players are standing out, Benji and Boozy have threads as does Maka. So here is a Rob Jones one.

He IMO is no leader on the park, Hoggy is the one that directs the back four. His passing is dire. His marking is non existent at times and is dragged around the park, over to the touchlines etc, thats not what a centre half should be doing again IMO. He just doesnt seem to communicate with the keeper. There are also 3 or 4 examples of when he should have just put the ball clear into row z but he always messes about with it, he should have done the same v St Mirren the other week but a poor back pass led to the 2nd goal.

As for his part in the goal. He stands in the same spot as the corner flew over his head, turns around still on the same spot and never moved to get near Velicka who had a free header 3 yards out. That quite frankly from a 6ft 7in centre half aint good enough.

He may be our captain and he is obviously unhappy from the way he meanders around the park. If we were lucky enough to get an offer for him Id accept it and let him go as his for over the last 12 months has been rubbish.

Fine. Nowt much wrong with what you posted, but in the interest of fairness, how many ball did he win in the air? Can you remember the few games recently when he wasn't playing. We were shit.

Can you remember Hibs screaming out for a dominant big laddie at the back for years?

Fine. Nowt much wrong with what you posted, but in the interest of fairness, how many ball did he win in the air? Can you remember the few games recently when he wasn't playing. We were shit.

Can you remember Hibs screaming out for a dominant big laddie at the back for years?

Agreed. But I don`t think he wants to be here anymore.

And if he doesn`t?.........

I have never liked Jones. He is a liability. His tip-tappy passing is awfull, rarely wins a header and is slower than my grandmother. Worst centre-half in the SPL. Hogg by far the superior player.

I have never liked Jones. He is a liability. His tip-tappy passing is awfull, rarely wins a header and is slower than my grandmother. Worst centre-half in the SPL. Hogg by far the superior player.

:doh

Completely agree, but who would replace him in the current squad of players?

No one in the currnt squad but Hoggy should be captain, we should get the finger out and sign Lee Wilkie who would easily replace him and then young McCormack and would be cover, allowing us to punt Jones asap. Come on Dennis Wise smack in that 1m offer please:rodpetrie: (love the rodpetrie smilie)

Agreed we still need the dominance in the air and for this part of his game no one can say a bad word about Jones but he doesnt have enough other parts to his game to inspire confidence from the back.
I have seen several times when he has been at fault for bad clearances or corners conceded where he has given someone else a bolloxing when it was his fault.There is also something between him and Maka who is not fulfilling his potential but could be a good keeper, he another who needs to perform better or be punted although i would love to see him come good. He should not be the captain and I'd be happy for him to be sold to make way for a new era under Capitano Hogg :YAYYY:, he has the leadership qualities IMO.

One thing I will say is ill miss the Spandeu Ballet(??spelling)

One thing I will say is ill miss the Spandeu Ballet(??spelling)

Time moves on mate , Try This

I dont like Jones at the back either but the parts in bold are simply not true. Jones wins most of the balls in the air as expected of a CB his size but its his passing and marking that gets me.

I do agree that he is a liability but I can see how it is hard to drop Jones because of the sheer amount of headers he wins. We need to replace him like for like that added passing ability. Big lump at the back but with a bit of pace, tactical awareness and the abilty to pass a ball to team mates. Please RP just deliver

Time moves on mate , Try This

Cheers bud but alredy on the Ipod :smug:

Cheers bud but alredy on the Ipod :smug:

:thumbgrin

I dont like Jones at the back either but the parts in bold are simply not true. Jones wins most of the balls in the air as expected of a CB his size but its his passing and marking that gets me.

I do agree that he is a liability but I can see how it is hard to drop Jones because of the sheer amount of headers he wins. We need to replace him like for like that added passing ability. Big lump at the back but with a bit of pace, tactical awareness and the abilty to pass a ball to team mates. Please RP just deliver

I have never liked Jones:yell
Last time I checked had the worse disciplinary record for a defender thats hard to believe
!!!
Russel Anderson anyone??

Last time I checked had the worse disciplinary record for a defender thats hard to believe
!!!
Russel Anderson anyone??

Worse than some Jambo git :shock::rollfloor

Anderson would be dynamite but I doubt :rodpetrie: would ever sanction such a costly buy.

I can remember us screaming out for a dominant big laddie at the back but yet we seem to have a big jessie at the back. Plus remember his partnership with Martis another big lad who was a bombscare before Hogg got his chance and is looking the best centre half we have, although Joneliet seems to have disappeared altogether for some reason.........I still say give the lad a chance.

In my opinion Hogg was partly to blame aswell. He set Velicka up.
What pissed me off was in the second half, we never once attacked down the left. Everything was going down the right which wasn't working as conclaves was playing well and sweeping everything up. Why was Nielson not tested? A Riordan type player who plays outside or inside left would have punished Yams yesterday. Looks like Murphy was mised aswell!

Personally i think we should sell Jones, Should an offer come in..and sign Lee Wilkie!:dunno:

Jones is the best centre half we have had in a few years. Hogg is the one we need to replace. He was at fault for the goal as he rarely wins a header and if he does he has a head like a biscuit tin!!!!

McCann Murray Jones Stevenson would be my back four!!!!

Cannot believe your post:banger::banger::banger::banger:

Jones is the best centre half we have had in a few years. Hogg is the one we need to replace. He was at fault for the goal as he rarely wins a header and if he does he has a head like a biscuit tin!!!!

Do you fancy betting a fiver ? I say Hogg will win the player of the year.
Fancy a wee fiver on it :dunno:

The guy wins nearly everything in the air distribution can be dodgy dont think he will be as easy to replace when he leaves as people make out! Hogg lost the initial ball in, yet gets very little blame. You could argue that Boozy was supposed to be marking Velicka.

I agree it was Hogg's fault for the goal yesterday but replace him, you are havin a laugh! At least he tried to make up for his mistake later on. What did Jones do yesterday? Absolutely nothing, his body language was woeful. That's just not good enough for a captain.

Cannot believe your post!!!!!!!!

ill say the same about yours

Were you this pessimistic when he was handed the armband to replace Katie?

!!!
Russel Anderson anyone??

when was the last time you checked :hmmm

2006-07 ... 8 Bookings 0 Sending off
2007-08 ... 6 Bookings 0 Sending off

you're right, very hard tae believe :gaga:

rarely wins a header

:rollfloor:rollfloor:rollfloor

You're pulling my plunger..:tuttut:

Oh Dear. :gaga:

Hogg needs replaced? I didn't know the insane asylums were having an outing today.

Were you this pessimistic when he was handed the armband to replace Katie?

I never saw him as the next captain, I always thought Murphy or Boozy at the time should have been the captain before Rob Jones.

You are having a laugh there surely??????? Hogg is streaks ahead of Jones in the performance stakes right now. Jones wants out of ER and his performances have been rubbish for 12 months now. Hogg is one of the most improved players at the club recently IMO.

Rob Jones sucks.
Fact.

OK - he wins his fair share of headers from keepers kick outs and long balls - however that's a given for a man of his size.

On that point, a man of his size should be AN ANIMAL on the park, a leader, a talisman a player that takes no prisoners and puts the fear of death into opposing strikers. In troubled times he should grab games by the scruff of the neck and DEMAND better, think Tony Adams, think Steve Bruce, Neil Ruddock.....I could continue for a few days. All had one thing in common. WINNERS.

Rob Jones is not and never will be any of the above.

In saying that, I'd like to see him alongside someone like that with Hogg sweeping in a 3 at the back...?

oh dear !:coffee:

I understand it is easy to get on the he should be sold, he should be punted bandwagon. But lets look at it this way, yes the we lost a goal that we shouldn't have.

Who was at fault Hogg, Jones or Maka it does matter, but does it matter more than the fact we were terrible going forward. The Hearts were there for the taking a TM team would have ripped them to shreads IMO.

I have confidence that it will be many a year before we play so badly at Tynie again. We were crap end off, lets get over it and look forward to the next game. IMO we won't play the Jambos until next season as unlike us they WILL end up in the bottom six. We will get them next year and by then Mixi will have his team sorted out. So lets re-focus and get behind the big man and the team he puts out every week.

Glor:thumbgriny Glory :thumbgrin

I understand it is easy to get on the he should be sold, he should be punted bandwagon. But lets look at it this way, yes the we lost a goal that we shouldn't have.

Who was at fault Hogg, Jones or Maka it does matter, but does it matter more than the fact we were terrible going forward. The Hearts were there for the taking a TM team would have ripped them to shreads IMO.

I have confidence that it will be many a year before we play so badly at Tynie again. We were crap end off, lets get over it and look forward to the next game. IMO we won't play the Jambos until next season as unlike us they WILL end up in the bottom six. We will get them next year and by then Mixi will have his team sorted out. So lets re-focus and get behind the big man and the team he puts out every week.

Glor:thumbgriny Glory :thumbgrin

Spoke to a die-hard Jumbo mate of mine today.......his bemused words...

"Why did ye`s no` just rip intae us? We would have folded, lost shape, and disipline. I cannae believe ye`s let us off like that. A good few of us were surprised and were talking aboot it all night"

Still should have kept a hold on Martis. :roll:

Aye good yin. Haven't scrolled down the rest of the thread, but I'd be surprised and disappointed if you get one person agreeing with that pish.

Rob Jones sucks.
Fact.

OK - he wins his fair share of headers from keepers kick outs and long balls - however that's a given for a man of his size.

On that point, a man of his size should be AN ANIMAL on the park, a leader, a talisman a player that takes no prisoners and puts the fear of death into opposing strikers. In troubled times he should grab games by the scruff of the neck and DEMAND better, think Tony Adams, think Steve Bruce, Neil Ruddock.....I could continue for a few days. All had one thing in common. WINNERS.

In saying that, I'd like to see him alongside someone like that with Hogg sweeping in a 3 at the back...?

Love the post :laff:

Rob Jones sucks.
Fact.

King leoniadus from 300 would fit that description perfectly haha

You're looking for your captain, when the teams playing badly, to take responsibility and be counted but I feel too many time Jones is guilty of hiding.

Should never have been captain before Murphy or Hogg in the first place IMO.

Hogg is improving and get the tackles in. But he has a weakness in the air which I cant see getting improving that much. He doesnt command the penalty box when corners and crosses swing in.

Hopefully Mixu will sign a quality replacement for Jones who commands the box when corners come in AND stays in position AND talks his defence through the game, someone who would complement Hogg.

Not Hogg bashing cos he's been pretty solid in recent weeks, but for those who think Hogg is one of our best players then how come other teams aren't declaring an interest in him? His current market value is probably much less than say that of Jones, Fletcher, Benji, Zemmama, Stevenson, Boozy or Deano.

Still should have kept a hold on Martis. :roll:

He looks as if he's been maintaining his Hibs form where he's currently on loan from WBA..

He looks as if he's been maintaining his Hibs form where he's currently on loan from WBA..

because he has been loaned out from a successful team means his shte? Ok then, hope we don't buy yer wee obsession at the end of the season if he is loaned oot from Celtic this windae.

This thread has been viewed 3382 times.

Your donation helps pay for our dedicated server and software support renewals. We really do appreciate it!
Goal
£100.00
Earned
£28.75