• Guest, The HibeesBounce invites you to enter our Monthly Draw...

Enter our Monthly Draw Here

GGTTH

• hibeesbounce

Jim Watt v Ken Buchanan

jock3

Private Member
Reaction score
On now Sportscene classics! Check it out what a battle. I didnie ken hey were the same era really. And Ken now haunts the Central Bar.....

They used to punch the sh*te out of each other.....

Did you catch Ken's winning speech? A true sportsman, didnie realise he wis still boxing in 1982!

Last edited:
On now Sportscene classics! Check it out what a battle. I didnie ken hey were the same era really. And Ken now haunts the Central Bar.....
3 or 4 years between them and the auld boy was better.

3 or 4 years between them and the auld boy was better.
Are you sure WG? I thought there would be a few more years between them but will refer to the net. It sticks in my mind as the old master v the young pretender kinda thing. Ken Buchanan famed for his tartan shorts and was coached by his father iirc. I was just a nipper!

Update: You're spot on WG!

Are you sure WG? I thought there would be a few more years between them but will refer to the net. It sticks in my mind as the old master v the young pretender kinda thing. Ken Buchanan famed for his tartan shorts and was coached by his father iirc. I was just a nipper!

Update: You're spot on WG!
I think the time between them being world champions maybe makes the age gap seem more.

I met Jim Watt on a train last year. Both of us pished, I attempted to get a selfie with him and ended up with a 9 second video of me making an arse of it while he laughed. Lovely bloke.

I met Jim Watt on a train last year. Both of us pished, I attempted to get a selfie with him and ended up with a 9 second video of me making an arse of it while he laughed. Lovely bloke.
Seconds out....

I went to the jim watt v Howard davis fight at ibrox in 1980/81 and davis thought all he had to do was turn up and he'd be champ . He had a great amateur pedigree winning the Olympic gold and the val barker trophy for outstanding fighter at the games.
No mean fete when the USA had sugar ray Leonard and the spinks brothers in there team.but jim schooled him over 15 rounds and remained champ. It took an all time hall of fame great alexis arguello to take his title and on points.ken and jim were a credit to our country

I have a vague recollection of Ken Buchanan coming out onto the pitch at Easter Road and being introduced to the crowd after he became world champion, possibly at a midweek evening game. I'm going to check this out when I have a minute.

Your right there Mark.

BIG G

Last edited:

This thread has been viewed 1215 times.

Your donation helps pay for our dedicated server and software support renewals. We really do appreciate it!
Goal
£100.00
Earned
£47.50