• Guest, The HibeesBounce invites you to enter our Monthly Draw...

Enter our Monthly Draw Here

GGTTH

• hibeesbounce

Jamie Maclaren?

Maybe we don't have the money just now having paid for kamberi and Mallan, and had no McGinn money in yet. But we think we might have the money next year through sales/Europe etc??

If that's the case, then it's too much.

It would make NO sense to do this.
None for us and none for them.

If we're willing to agree to a fee... Then we should pay it RIGHT NOW
If they're willing to accept a fee, it's their own stupidity as the idea of them loaning him again is to raise his profile and raise his value to THEM, not us.

This won't be with a deal to buy,
Unless it's outrageous.

We may not have the funds just now mate. Who knows when funds get paid for Europe qualifying rounds, money from SJM when he is sold etc.

A year from now we’ll know what a full season of Jamie Maclaren can bring us, and he’ll be in the final year of his contract.

The problem is, so will everyone else.
Exactly. Whilst delighted to have Jamie Mac back for a year (IMO he will be our 20 goals a season man if he stays fit) I am just a wee bit disappointed it's another loan deal. If he has a great season with us there will be loads of clubs vying for his signature on a permanent deal next summer all no doubt wealthier than Hibs. The problem for Hibs with regard to a permanent deal will probably have been his wages at Darmstadt. He is apparently on around £6,000 a week and no current Hibs player will even be on half of that. It's way beyond what Hibs can afford so unless he is willing to drop his wage levels significantly next summer then we won't be in the hunt. As I say would have much preferred a permanent deal because he is going to be worth a fortune if he has a great season with us, but even having him back for a season is a great move from Hibs.

Reactions: Zab
£400k option to buy next season according to the Express

Wonder if he still has a relegation clause with Darmstadt?

Good point.

Sent from my SM-G955F using Tapatalk

We wont get relegated so wouldnt worry about that

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

£400k option to buy next season according to the Express

Why wouldn't we just pay the 400k though. I can't understand.

Although, it could well be his relegation clause and we've agreed to match it if it happens?

Dunni, but I can't understand why we'd risk not making him permanent asap.

I doubt it.

Why would we agree a price?
Why would they?

If they're willing to accept anything that we might pay in the future... Then they'd have to accept it right now.
Why wouldn't we bid?
With Kamberi, it made sense, he was completely unknown.. Jamie, isn't

It's a loan, straight loan.

As I said the price for a permanent deal was agreed like the deal we done for Flo. Until SJM is sold and the European rounds money starts coming in then this is the sort of business suits us.

Don't understand it myself, pay them what they want and make it permanent. Let's say he scores 20 plus goals and does the business. Club down south or even the Huns can triple his wages and regardless of the agreed fee, he goes else where. Just fucking shortsighted, and cheap not to just buy him now.

Don't understand it myself, pay them what they want and make it permanent. Let's say he scores 20 plus goals and does the business. Club down south or even the Huns can triple his wages and regardless of the agreed fee, he goes else where. Just fucking shortsighted, and cheap not to just buy him now.

An English club can come in and offer what they want it won't matter as we have first option on him to buy at the agreed price just like we did with Flo who had other offers elsewhere.

Although, it could well be his relegation clause and we've agreed to match it if it happens?

Maybe the player doesn’t want to take a pay cut? He can continue to earn more for another season with this arrangement.

Maybe the player doesn’t want to take a pay cut? He can continue to earn more for another season with this arrangement.

Again though.. Why would his own club care about that?

As I said the price for a permanent deal was agreed like the deal we done for Flo. Until SJM is sold and the European rounds money starts coming in then this is the sort of business suits us.

This make perfect sense from a Hibs perspective. We get a good striker for a portion of his wages with first refusal on him when the time comes. I can see why there is confusion over how Darmstadt would benefit from that arrangement [apart from saving on his wages every week which might be substantial] but in all honesty I dont care about them, I care about Hibs and this is a good deal whatever way you slice it.

Last edited:
Again though.. Why would his own club care about that?

I don’t get what you mean?

Darmstadt are either stuck with a player who doesn’t want to be there, or can loan him out with part of wages covered. They of course could have sold him, but it seems no club was willing to pay whatever it was they wanted.

If there is a future arrangement to recieve £400K (or whatever amount) for a player in the final year of his contract, and from a club who has just paid a percentage of his wages for half of his contract, I’d say that isn’t a bad deal for a player they signed on a free transfer.

I'm guessing they want more than 400K at the moment so Hibs have suggested taking him on loan and paying X amount at the end of the loan. I hope this is true as no doubt there will be other clubs sniffing about.

An English club can come in and offer what they want it won't matter as we have first option on him to buy at the agreed price just like we did with Flo who had other offers elsewhere.

Right I understand that, but ultimately it's up to Jamie. So he turns down the contract we're offering as another club from down south are offering double what we can. Our option expires and he moves else where for more money.

Right I understand that, but ultimately it's up to Jamie. So he turns down the contract we're offering as another club from down south are offering double what we can. Our option expires and he moves else where for more money.

That is also true,although Jamie wanted to come here, he loves working with NL and the team but that's not to say he won't leave us one day. Let's just hope we can keep him, Flo and Mallan for as long as we can.

It's a risk, all the time. Permanent doesn't mean that. It means fixed term. And even then it gives the player more security than the club.
Post Bosman, post us losing the tv money, clubs like ours can't compete with the transfer fees down south. Most outlay now goes straight into the players pocket. Hibs are wise to operate as they have since Leeann came in. Look at the fine players we have secured for way less than we could afford in transfer fees.

Saying pay them what they want doesn't work. You have to have a structure and stick to it. Otherwise you get a lot of unhappy players.

That is also true,although Jamie wanted to come here, he loves working with NL and the team but that's not to say he won't leave us one day. Let's just hope we can keep him, Flo and Mallan for as long as we can.

Explain to me how it's not true, NOT trying to start an argument, genuinely want to know how it works. If Jamie decides after the loan not to join us permanently and sign for a club for more money, surely it's up to him?

Explain to me how it's not true, NOT trying to start an argument, genuinely want to know how it works. If Jamie decides after the loan not to join us permanently and sign for a club for more money, surely it's up to him?

ST I said that was true in response to your post mate.

ST I said that was true in response to your post mate.

No worries mate, must have misread it. I just wish we'd signed him permanently on a 3 year deal.

This thread has been viewed 16401 times.

Your donation helps pay for our dedicated server and software support renewals. We really do appreciate it!
Goal
£100.00
Earned
£28.75