• Guest, The HibeesBounce invites you to enter our Monthly Draw...

Enter our Monthly Draw Here

GGTTH

• hibeesbounce

Interesting interview.

stickyRicky

Muirhouse Radge
Private Member
Reaction score

Watched this last night.

Some nice insight into the Collins era certainly. That said, I do get the impression Michael Stewart likes to give the impression that he is always in the right so you've got take it with a wee pinch of salt.

Watched this last night.

Some nice insight into the Collins era certainly. That said, I do get the impression Michael Stewart likes to give the impression that he is always in the right so you've got take it with a wee pinch of salt.

Aye it's the Collins stuff that interested me. Collins sounded like a complete clueless knob.

Aye it's the Collins stuff that interested me. Collins sounded like a complete clueless knob.

It sounds like the training in particular was poor. But he must have got some things right in terms of tactics and so on, as we got some remarkable results under Collins - the cup win of course, but even like the 6-1 away to Motherwell springs to mind.

I thought it was a great watch.

I watched this last week an found it fascinating.

I'd suggest if anyone thinks Michael Stewart is making up how much of a dud coach/manager John Collins was then they should look at Collins' career since he left Hibs.
JC the player was one of my first playing heroes when I started going to ER regularly, but dearie me, if he was chocolate he'd eat himself!

*As long as it didn't effect his six pack

Watched it last week too, found it interesting. My guess was the two players that didn't turn up at Rods were the Moroccan lads.

Watched it last week too, found it interesting. My guess was the two players that didn't turn up at Rods were the Moroccan lads.

Neither did Chris Hogg.

Si Ferrys interviews are usually a good listen.
He's not a bad player himself.

Not watched it but will.

Has Mikey Stewart ever conceded he might be wrong about anything, ever?

Not watched it but will.

I doubt it, he's certainly 'opinionated' isn't he.
However, I think he genuinely believes he is always right, as opposed to Sutton et al who probably realise they are spouting pish but simply to appease or annoy one or the other set of the Old Bigots fans.

I doubt it, he's certainly 'opinionated' isn't he.
However, I think he genuinely believes he is always right, as opposed to Sutton et al who probably realise they are spouting pish but simply to appease or annoy one or the other set of the Old Bigots fans.
Aye there's that. When he was venting about Traynor last week on The BBC you could see the fear in the other's eyes. He's certainly not an OF sycophant. I also enjoy his takes on Levein, dunno if they're accurate or not, but it's always enjoyable.

Barry insight.

"This fucking prick has just signed wae an agent ... see if any of you pricks think yer signing wae an agent you'll be getting skelped wae this anaw" ?

?

Last edited:
Watched this last night.

Quality watch ????

I like Mikey Stewart I think he talks a lot sense and comes across very well.

Not watched it but will.

Mikey played wi a team I was a coach wi when he wis a laddie, he’s always been a bit highly strung. Very clever though.

Reactions: Boo
Thanks Sticky', I enjoyed that. Still remember him scoring a cracker of a volley off a corner kick at ER. Good, honest player. As he said, only his opinion when he speaks. No different to us really. Not sure about the drivesmart bit though. He managed to drive from ER to Tynecastle using his indicators once and his mirrors a couple of times to check his hair!

Thanks Sticky', I enjoyed that. Still remember him scoring a cracker of a volley off a corner kick at ER. Good, honest player. As he said, only his opinion when he speaks. No different to us really. Not sure about the drivesmart bit though. He managed to drive from ER to Tynecastle using his indicators once and his mirrors a couple of times to check his hair!

Welcome dude. That goal is one I'll always remember tae.

6minutes in. Stoater.

He fell ill during this game (replaced by Thomson) and from my memory Didnae get back into the team much thereafter despite being, up till that point, player of the year in many eyes.

Edit - what a team that was. Benji ⚡

6minutes in. Stoater.

He fell ill during this game (replaced by Thomson) and from my memory Didnae get back into the team much thereafter despite being, up till that point, player of the year in many eyes.

Aye mind him spewing his load on the pitch.

Cracking performance that day. We could do with a Jones in our current side.

Aye there's that. When he was venting about Traynor last week on The BBC you could see the fear in the other's eyes. He's certainly not an OF sycophant. I also enjoy his takes on Levein, dunno if they're accurate or not, but it's always enjoyable.

His take on Traynor seems to me to be inarguably correct? I don't like Stewart much to be honest but he's just about arrogant enough to take this kind of thing on which is creditable in its way.

Might've been shite training, but still some of the best performances and far fitter players than when Tony Mowbray had them.

JC clearly flawed, but can't deny he had a point regarding the fitness of players in Scottish football.

His take on Traynor seems to me to be inarguably correct? I don't like Stewart much to be honest but he's just about arrogant enough to take this kind of thing on which is creditable in its way.
Aye, he was bang on about jabba. Stewart is in the enviable position of having enough money in the bank to be beholden to no one, and he ( I think) sees himself as some sort of truthseeker or defender of the downtrodden. He's still a jambo fanny imo.

Yup. Thank you - a lot of really good insights in there. I like Mikey - good pundit.

The Collins stuff I believe absolutely - not long after he walked out of ER (saying STF was 'lacking ambition' the day after we opened East Mains?) he was on STV doing the studio commentator on a Champions' League game explaining to the world in detail all the things two managers with 40 years experience between them were doing wrong ...

I believe his motto was "I love ME. Who do YOU love? ME?"

6minutes in. Stoater.

I was right in line with the 18 yard box, absolute screamer. The wee guy in the shed after Benji's goal "fucking yaaasss" ?
Sometimes miss the old East, I'm glad we got our seats before it was knocked down

Yup. Thank you - a lot of really good insights in there. I like Mikey - good pundit.

The Collins stuff I believe absolutely - not long after he walked out of ER (saying STF was 'lacking ambition' the day after we opened East Mains?) he was on STV doing the studio commentator on a Champions' League game explaining to the world in detail all the things two managers with 40 years experience between them were doing wrong ...

I believe his motto was "I love ME. Who do YOU love? ME?"
I used to really likr him as a player
Cultured classy but thinking about it when he did speak he always came over as full of his self importance and bit of a bell piece

This thread has been viewed 3562 times.

Your donation helps pay for our dedicated server and software support renewals. We really do appreciate it!
Goal
£100.00
Earned
£47.50