• Guest, The HibeesBounce invites you to enter our Monthly Draw...

Enter our Monthly Draw Here

GGTTH

• hibeesbounce

Heckingbottom for 'Boro?

moathibby

Private Member
Reaction score
He's being quoted at 6/1 in some places.I hope not!

No chance. He's barely got his foot in the door here and signed a 3 and half year deal with Hibs. I believe he is committed to us.

No chance. He's barely got his foot in the door here and signed a 3 and half year deal with Hibs. I believe he is committed to us.

3/1 on Skybet

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

3/1 on Skybet

I think it's still too early for him to be jumping ship. He's trying to rebuild his reputation like Lennon before him. Also from the various interviews I've seen/read he's relishing a fresh challenge in Scotland. Crazy odds to me.

I think it's still too early for him to be jumping ship. He's trying to rebuild his reputation like Lennon before him. Also from the various interviews I've seen/read he's relishing a fresh challenge in Scotland. Crazy odds to me.

Totally agree ... be some Jambos backing him in hope [emoji12]

I think he’s buying into the club, and the club are working hard to support him. I’d be surprised if he could be prised away.

His stock will be much higher in 18 months with European experience under his belt.

Maybe 20 odd months ;-)

If Middlesborough want him, they'll get him.

If Middlesborough want him, they'll get him.

Why?

Money?
I dont think they will be after him, but if they really wanted him they would pay the cash necessary.
As for building his reputation......as we know, that may not be the case.
In a years time he may be much sought after, but if we have an ordinary season.....

A Boro fan told me he’s heard they’re trying to arrange a meeting with PH in London next week. Could be a load of shite.

A Boro fan told me he’s heard they’re trying to arrange a meeting with PH in London next week. Could be a load of shite.

They’d have to ask Hibs for permission.

Woodgate is a more likely candidate.
I doubt if our new boss would even contemplate meeting with a potential new employer at this point.
He doesn't strike me as a Judas type.

Don't you just love the close season ?

Woodgate is a more likely candidate.
I doubt if our new boss would even contemplate meeting with a potential new employer at this point.
He doesn't strike me as a Judas type.

Unless you manage Barnsley and Leeds come calling!

Oh aye.

">via GIPHY</a></p>

Oh aye.

">via GIPHY</a></p>

?

They’d have to ask Hibs for permission.

They would, but in the murky world of football agents and all things aren’t necessarily done properly.

I'd say the Leeds situation probably makes him less inclined to make another rash move.

There's enough upside for him that you can't rule it out but it'd be a bloody stupid decision on his part imo - if he left now and didn't nail it there he'd fuck his CV totally, because not only would he have multiple failures, he'd have jumped ship multiple times to do it, and who wants that?

Could Robbie Stockdale be part of the reason for the link?

Could Robbie Stockdale be part of the reason for the link?

I said that to KP and Tricky last night.

And him being a Barnsley supporter and was quoted as saying he hated Leeds. I hope he gives us commitment but you just never know.

I'd say the Leeds situation probably makes him less inclined to make another rash move.
Yep. Me anaw

Hecky is up here for two or three years to rebuild his reputation as a manager after the Leeds fiasco....a huge mega-challenging job which came far too early for him. He has to be a success at Hibs to get the big English club move he will eventually be looking for. If he gets us back to where we should be ie challenging at the top of the league, a cup win, and European football again, then he will get his move back to English football at a decent sized club. No way will he be being seriously considered for a managers job down south just now..he is only just in the door at Easter Road.

Last edited:
The team,the fans and the contract aside would you leave a beutiful city (apart from west side) like Edinburgh to work in a shit hole like Middlesbrough.
You couldn't pay me enough , come the festival him and his family will fall in love wi the place .
Seriously though I agree with most of you, I think he'll want to prove himself up here, not saying it's going to be easy next season but given the backing he could mould his own team and target at least 3rd place. That's probably further than he could take Middlesbrough then there could be more teams down south wanting to head hunt him.

I personally don't think Heck & Co will be leaving, they have already got next season's preparations under way.

I personally don't think Heck & Co will be leaving, they have already got next season's preparations under way.

I agree.
Unfounded speculation - creates a bit of interest for the bookies and for the gutter press.

This thread has been viewed 1736 times.

Your donation helps pay for our dedicated server and software support renewals. We really do appreciate it!
Goal
£100.00
Earned
£28.75