• Guest, The HibeesBounce invites you to enter our Monthly Draw...

Enter our Monthly Draw Here

GGTTH

• hibeesbounce

Griffiths

The boy can finish but what frustrates the fans is that he comes across as lazy and interested.

When you say "the fans" you aren't counting me in there. I like the boy's movement off the ball and I prefer the side with him in it than out it.

When you say "the fans" you aren't counting me in there. I like the boy's movement off the ball and I prefer the side with him in it than out it.
I'm the same! I don't get why people get on his back. Anyone who was at the QOTS at home, or especially the Falkirk away game must realise how shit we are up front without him. He may look lazy, but he's creating loads of space for himself and for others. His goals, inc against spl clubs proves he's decent. We had James Collins working his ass off and running about all day long last season. Look where that got us.

The boy can finish but what frustrates the fans is that he comes across as lazy and interested.
As long as he keeps scoring the goals then he could walk around the pitch smoking a cigar for all I care.We've had plenty of hard working strikers that couldn't score in a barrel of fannies.

I'm out too, I've said on here before that he looks lazy, but that's just his appearance, untucked, slouched. So in games where we struggle it looks like he's not fussed. Doesn't take away from what he actually does and I think he's been a cracking signing, can't wait to see him alongside El Alagui.

Do you not like Malonga Darren? We would be pretty goosed without his goals so far this season.

I prefer players who look like they want to play , I'd take LG in a heartbeat over Malonga . He looks nothing like player we saw in the vids . I don't see him troubling the Jam farts much

Malonga frustrates at times but without him we would be bottom half.

I prefer players who look like they want to play , I'd take LG in a heartbeat over Malonga . He looks nothing like player we saw in the vids . I don't see him troubling the Jam farts much
He already scored against Hearts. And Dundee United. And 2 against Ross County. He'll score against Rangers.

He already scored against Hearts. And Dundee United. And 2 against Ross County. He'll score against Rangers.

:doh

Malonga frustrates at times but without him we would be bottom half.

I think he is a clever player and his movement is good taking players out and so creating space for others. I've said before though I think Cummings would benefit more as a striker alongside Farid El Alagui rather than Malonga. I also have a wee niggling feeling that Malonga is holding back a bit during games recently with the African Cup of Nations on the horizon...hope I am wrong through.

Scored and hit the post today...

We scored 3 yesterday.

We scored 3 yesterday.
This.We have a striker on 11 for the season so far, another on 7 so far, Farid coming back soon and Heff on the bench... Only a mad man would blow our January wad trying to sign a striker. We NEED defenders. Mind you, I've been a Hibby for most of my 32 years on this planet and we have needed defenders almost every one of those seasons.

I'm genuinely amazed anyone would think we don't need a striker. Farid will be back but it will take him time to recover fully. Malonga will be going away on international duty. Cummings is a young laddie. Heffernan needs punted. We have dropped too many points by not converting our chances. A striker would be top of my list. And I'd be doing all that's possible to get Griffiths.

I'm genuinely amazed anyone would think we don't need a striker. Farid will be back but it will take him time to recover fully. Malonga will be going away on international duty. Cummings is a young laddie. Heffernan needs punted. We have dropped too many points by not converting our chances. A striker would be top of my list. And I'd be doing all that's possible to get Griffiths.
Yeh we def need another one. One gets an Injury, suspension or trips abroad and all of a sudden we have no firepower. Ie QOTS game at home and falkirk away. Its always important to have a decent striker to come off the bench too, and at the moment we don't even have that option.

I reckon Heffernan will be punted in Jan and we'll bring in another striker.

I`d be happy with that.

- - - Updated - - -

I never watched the game today but apparently Griffiths made a huge difference to them...and scored. I think the penny might be dropping with Deila that Leigh is an option he cant afford to lose. I`d love to see him back but i just dont think it`s possible now.

So do I...

Hibs accepted an offer for Heffernan back in the summer let's not forget, it was the player himself who turned down the move to St Johnstone. His missed most of the pre-season through injury and it is certainly showing in his form this season whenever he has been in the first team. It's quite noticeable that Stubbs never gives him game time in the under 20's to get his fitness up.

I agree with Smurf that we need another striker in as a replacement for Heffernan. Malonga will be away for a month, El Alagui I reckon won't be back till about March at best, and Cummings is being asked to do a very tough job for a young kid in only his second season as a first team player, I think he has done well though to get 7 goals so far. Danny Handling if he is going to be played at all should be used as a striker rather than the ineffectual role he is being asked to play at present. Priorities for me though in January are proper defensive cover for central defence and right-back.

I agree surf I don't think Griffiths will be back but we do need to get another striker in
I always hoped heff would do a job and at least contribute from the bench when needed but after a promising start he's now just a passenger
With him not even getting game time in the development games to gain fitness and get goals for confidence says it all

My thought's too mate. Cover at fullback is a must.

Couldn't have put it better myself mate!!

My thought's too mate. Cover at fullback is a must.
Hopefully Foster will be back for R B cover but delayed now. Surely with Malonga away on African Cup duty a striker is a must FFS. Heff and Cummings are poor Farid a mile off - eh.. am I missing something here?????

Loved Griffiths at Hibs, but I'd be looking to strengthen elsewhere before going in for him.

Loved Griffiths at Hibs, but I'd be looking to strengthen elsewhere before going in for him.

From Leeanne's interview yesterday it seems obvious a striker is the priority. Out of interest where would you strengthen mate? Ideally I'd want a keeper, a right footed Lewis Stevenson and Leigh.

From Leeanne's interview yesterday it seems obvious a striker is the priority. Out of interest where would you strengthen mate? Ideally I'd want a keeper, a right footed Lewis Stevenson and Leigh.

Right sided defender to allow Gray a wee rest and challenge Hanlon/Forster to partner the always improving Fontaine....the last couple of weeks when Booth has replaced Gray our entire back four has been left footed...quite unusual.

And a goalie too.

I think the McBean protective clothing lad will come in to cover Malonga being at the ACN and by February I'd hope Farid was fully fit to partner Malonga when he's back.

Griffiths is superb, but he'd eat up pretty much any money we have...and he played his best stuff for us as a lone striker didn't he? We no longer play that way.

Bump.

Just for HibeeBizzle:rollfloor

Bump.Just for HibeeBizzle:rollfloor
Hahahahaha!!

He's hardly going to turn round and say "aye I really wanted to leave cos I couldnae get a game"

Fecking turncoat!

I don't see where it says he is no longer a Hibs fan.

We need to move on anyway!!! Forget about leigh coming back and spend money on other parts of the team that need it more

Fecking turncoat!

Really?

I don't see where it says he is no longer a Hibs fan.

He maybe is Lexo, although I'm sure I've seen a pic of him 'kissing the badge' on his smellie top.

I loved the lad in his time with us, but frankly now I couldn't give one. He's making good money playing for a team I despise. Same as the rest of the smellies.

He has sold out - got a good deal no doubt but sold out all the same.
He has the same importance to me as Whitty did when he joined the Huns, Kenny Who did with both scumteams, Ihun, Colin Stein..... you get the gist.

Leigh was brilliant.

Now he's just a ****.

I'm happy to be a fickle football fan.

I EXCEL at it.

:yas:

He maybe is Lexo, although I'm sure I've seen a pic of him 'kissing the badge' on his smellie top.

I loved the lad in his time with us, but frankly now I couldn't give one. He's making good money playing for a team I despise. Same as the rest of the smellies.

He has sold out - got a good deal no doubt but sold out all the same.
He has the same importance to me as Whitty did when he joined the Huns, Kenny Who did with both scumteams, Ihun, Colin Stein..... you get the gist.

Leigh was brilliant.

Now he's just a ****.

I'm happy to be a fickle football fan.

I EXCEL at it.

:yas:

But when he inevitably returns you will cheer his Hibs goals just like the rest of us!

But when he inevitably returns you will cheer his Hibs goals just like the rest of us!

I look forward to the day. :thumbgrin

I'm not sure of the 'inevitably' bit Smurf - heard that word too many times about Kenny Who but he ended up a Hun again.

I'll cheer anyone who scores goals for Hibs. Even Ian Black.
(As long as it's an own goal by the brick headed ned)

But until/unless Leigh returns, he's just a player for some other team - currently a team I despise.

I'm not sure of the 'inevitably' bit Smurf - heard that word too many times about Kenny Who but he ended up a Hun again.

I'll cheer anyone who scores goals for Hibs. Even Ian Black.
(As long as it's an own goal by the brick headed ned)

But until/unless Leigh returns, he's just a player for some other team - currently a team I despise.

I too hate that lot and agree.

Dont see where the probs are here. The guys are in it for one thing, get as much money as they can out of the game theyve trained night and day for through their young lives and hopefully have a decent life. Love of the team you supported as a lad doesnt come in to it when you have to look ahead, and whats best for yourself, and if it means going to a club you hated as a youth for mega bucks well so be it. LG is just another perfect example, through a long line of Hibs lads who have ended up making a career for themselves through the weedge. Was a pleasure to watch him play for us. Especially being behind the goals at the PBS when he scored that world class free kick.

GGTTH

This thread has been viewed 58417 times.

Your donation helps pay for our dedicated server and software support renewals. We really do appreciate it!
Goal
£100.00
Earned
£28.75