• Guest, The HibeesBounce invites you to enter our Monthly Draw...

Enter our Monthly Draw Here

GGTTH

• hibeesbounce

For Dog Owners...

MSG_07

Legendary Radge
Reaction score
If your dog was mauled and as a result gained severe injuries due to an irresponsible owner what would you do? This kind of thing does seem to be on the rise days!

If they apologised and offered to pay all the vet bills would you accept this and not go to the Police? There's a further twist... There's a chance the treatment may not be successful and a limb may have to be removed if the injury does not heal correctly.

It's not my pet no but just wondered what everyone elses thoughts are. Personally I'd be going to the police and seeking legal action if it was my pooch.

If it was down to the owner, badly trained aggressive hound...…… who probably shouldn't have a pet in the first place then yes, take it all the way.

No brainer. Try prevent the potential for another innocent pooch or kid from being injured or worse.

As someone who was mauled by a dog when I was 4 I’d tell the police. Clearly the dog owner is irresponsible and can’t control his pet. Also. All dogs in public should be on a leash. maybe all dog owners should have to do a course on handling dogs, especially the dodgy dogs.

Up my way I regularly see a woman on a rascal scooter thing and with a big fuck off doberman but in unleashed. If that dog goes off on one how the hell is she going to restrain it?

Oh aye. And pick up yer dog eggs, just cos it’s dark doesn’t give you a pass, there are some real ignorant self centered cnuts out there.

As someone who was mauled by a dog when I was 4 I’d tell the police. Clearly the dog owner is irresponsible and can’t control his pet. Also. All dogs in public should be on a leash. maybe all dog owners should have to do a course on handling dogs, especially the dodgy dogs.

Up my way I regularly see a woman on a rascal scooter thing and with a big fuck off doberman but in unleashed. If that dog goes off on one how the hell is she going to restrain it?

Oh aye. And pick up yer dog eggs, just cos it’s dark doesn’t give you a pass, there are some real ignorant self centered cnuts out there.
This particular incident I'm referencing occurred in a park but owners should be able to recall their pets. Big dogs should be muzzled if there's a chance they'll attack another animal or person. If they are not in an enclosed area and on a public path as you say they should really be on a lead. There's alot of people out there that should never have pets at all.

You c@nt really label all dogs as the same.
Most dogs are fine...and need more exercise than a leash will allow.

A dog is originally a pack animal,and more likely to bite while its on a leash.

When on a leash....they generally see it as were a team and i will defend if you come too close.
Most(i do say most)dogs are 100% safe off the leash.

Its completely down to how the dog is trained.

Last edited:
Unless there were incredibly mitigating circumstances I'd take it to the police. Let's face it, if the dog mauled a person there would no question.

People know what their dogs are like and have to take responsibility for their temperament. And, as many have said, it is usually the least responsible owners who have the worst behaved dogs. If you let it slide it'll likely happen again.

On the subject of dog poo, yeah it should be picked up, but for any serial complainers out there please remember that female dogs squat to pee. I must get stopped at least a couple of times a month by some self righteous knob telling me I should pick up what my dogs just done when the wee pup has only bent down for a piss... Its a completely different motion too, so you can just tell these are completely clueless busy-bodies. Does my nut in.

Tell the police. Any dog that attacks another will do it again and there's the possibility it would attack people too.

I've got two dogs, very well behaved and friendly. One is massive, 46 kilo Labrador with no fat on him. He's a big happy friendly radge. But randoms don't know that when they see him bolting about chasing balls or sticks, so a degree of common sense has to be used in public. Plenty folk are scared of dogs, which is a shame, but 'don't worry, he won't bite' doesn't really cut if you kid is petrified. I love dogs, had one pretty much my entire life.

And aye, pick up their shites you selfish dicks.

This particular incident I'm referencing occurred in a park but owners should be able to recall their pets. Big dogs should be muzzled if there's a chance they'll attack another animal or person. If they are not in an enclosed area and on a public path as you say they should really be on a lead. There's alot of people out there that should never have pets at all.
In a park and not even on a lead? Ffs it couldve been a kid! Mates got an American Akita, beautiful big dog, would lick the face of you, absolute great temperament and personality. But he is NEVER off the lead anywhere he goes, the big extension leads are perfect, absolutely no excuse not to be on a lead

Unless there were incredibly mitigating circumstances I'd take it to the police. Let's face it, if the dog mauled a person there would no question.

People know what their dogs are like and have to take responsibility for their temperament. And, as many have said, it is usually the least responsible owners who have the worst behaved dogs. If you let it slide it'll likely happen again.

On the subject of dog poo, yeah it should be picked up, but for any serial complainers out there please remember that female dogs squat to pee. I must get stopped at least a couple of times a month by some self righteous knob telling me I should pick up what my dogs just done when the wee pup has only bent down for a piss... Its a completely different motion too, so you can just tell these are completely clueless busy-bodies. Does my nut in.
The usual, oh I didn't see you crap otherwise I wouldn't have let them off the lead. The victims pet is a white coloured dog that was minding it's own business prior to the attack. They've actually paid for some of the treatment already however this was a pretty horrific incident with blood everywhere. The poor hound that was attacked could lose their leg which is life changing. It won't be the same dog and could lessen it's life span. I feel so sorry for it. It really is a beauty of animal and didn't deserve that to happen at all. I'd be taking it all the way if it was my pet.

In a park and not even on a lead? Ffs it couldve been a kid! Mates got an American Akita, beautiful big dog, would lick the face of you, absolute great temperament and personality. But he is NEVER off the lead anywhere he goes, the big extension leads are perfect, absolutely no excuse not to be on a lead
It's an enclosed park. It's not that big, about the size of 3 football pitches or maybe just under. Certain breeds need to burn off some energy with a run. Like I said, it should be muzzled if there is a risk factor.

It's an enclosed park. It's not that big, about the size of 3 football pitches or maybe just under. Certain breeds need to burn off some energy with a run. Like I said, it should be muzzled if there is a risk factor.
If there is public about, no dog should be off a lead...lots places to take dogs for a run.

If there is public about, no dog should be off a lead...lots places to take dogs for a run.
There's no where private to take dogs for a run though? Everywhere is public. I use The Mussy Lagoon, Porty Beach,Figgy Park, Newhailes and for shorter walks Rosefield or Brighton Parks. There's a balance to be had and allowing well behaved dogs off leads should be fine.

There's no where private to take dogs for a run though? Everywhere is public. I use The Mussy Lagoon, Porty Beach,Figgy Park, Newhailes and for shorter walks Rosefield or Brighton Parks. There's a balance to be had and allowing well behaved dogs off leads should be fine.

A few years ago, very early am, I got attacked by 2 dugs up the Pentlands. It’s lucky I was on my bike, literally. If the owner had been Male I’d have ended up in the cells. Open space and no one around yet 2 dogs chase after a cyclist for no reason. I’m beginning to think dogs don’t like me.

What’s a well behaved dog? Pretty much every dog can flip out, they are irrational animals like us.

I do agree, but we are surrounded by countryside, i know its public, but we all know, or should know, where and when we can let dogs run free, which they need. Tbf as well it helps if you have transport

A few years ago, very early am, I got attacked by 2 dugs up the Pentlands. It’s lucky I was on my bike, literally. If the owner had been Male I’d have ended up in the cells. Open space and no one around yet 2 dogs chase after a cyclist for no reason. I’m beginning to think dogs don’t like me.

What’s a well behaved dog? Pretty much every dog can flip out, they are irrational animals like us.
Well that kinda goes agsinst my previous point ?? not laughing at you though

I get chased on my bike by dogs frequently in Leith Links. There was one particular dog a few years ago that would do it every morning and the owner would do nothing. One morning I decided to speed up and encourage the dog to chase me. took it from Mother Aitkens to Mike English with a panting screaming owner lagging far behind. Next time I saw him the dog was on a lead.

I consider my dogs well behaved. They obey any instruction I give them, they're friendly and have never come close to attacking another dog or person. They bark when folk knock on my door, but I consider that good behaviour.

Also had to pull Ian 'the painter' Black up on Leith Links for not picking up his dog shite.

Also had to pull Ian 'the painter' Black up on Leith Links for not picking up his dog shite.

I usually park on Restalrig rd for Hibs games , you then run the dog shit gauntlet along the road to ER . Its disgusting , must be murder living there

Totally see your perspective but why should my harmless wee mongrel no be allowed to run about of her lead, because some arseholes can't control their dogs? Not having a dig at you at all but it's unfair to class all dogs and their owners the same. I'd very much agree all dog owners should have to attend some form of dog training classes but in reality, are said arseholes going to do that and how could you enforce that?

You clearly have no knowledge of dogs then...

You clearly have no knowledge of dogs then...

I bow to your superior knowledge. Fuckwit

My dog...a Rottweiller was attacked a few years ago while on his lead in a park by two American Pitbulls off the lead who pinned him down, had he been smaller they would have killed him. They literally ripped his leg enough that it was nearly off and you could see down inside it, tooth lodged in his napper and 23 separate bite marks, he spent a day at the vet,surgery, stitches and nearly a grand later. Police were informed, turned up a week later and basically said there was nowt they could do as its not a human. Its dog on dog. The guy who owned them- his response "You should have just choked them" so all in all nowt happened. :102:

If your dog was mauled and as a result gained severe injuries due to an irresponsible owner what would you do? This kind of thing does seem to be on the rise days!

If they apologised and offered to pay all the vet bills would you accept this and not go to the Police? There's a further twist... There's a chance the treatment may not be successful and a limb may have to be removed if the injury does not heal correctly.

It's not my pet no but just wondered what everyone elses thoughts are. Personally I'd be going to the police and seeking legal action if it was my pooch.

My dog...a Rottweiller was attacked a few years ago while on his lead in a park by two American Pitbulls off the lead who pinned him down, had he been smaller they would have killed him. They literally ripped his leg enough that it was nearly off and you could see down inside it, tooth lodged in his napper and 23 separate bite marks, he spent a day at the vet,surgery, stitches and nearly a grand later. Police were informed, turned up a week later and basically said there was nowt they could do as its not a human. Its dog on dog. The guy who owned them- his response "You should have just choked them" so all in all nowt happened. :102:
That's disgusting and an awful experience to go through. Did your poor pooch recover okay from the ordeal? In your experience the guy sounds a right piece of sh#@ and definitely should have been charged.

In this case a large chunk of the skin has been ripped off exposing the bare muscle on the leg. The problem is the initial stitches are not staying on. Much the same as your experience, the poor canine victim was at the vet all day. I believe they will try stitching it again but leg amputation is a possibility. That just isn't right at all.

Yes he recovered well eventually, but now has a fear of other dogs. He was much the same, nearly lost his leg. And multiple wounds. But as i say Police just basically said they would record the incident and that's it.

That's disgusting and an awful experience to go through. Did your poor pooch recover okay from the ordeal? In your experience the guy sounds a right piece of sh#@ and definitely should have been charged.

In this case a large chunk of the skin has been ripped off exposing the bare muscle on the leg. The problem is the initial stitches are not staying on. Much the same as your experience, the poor canine victim was at the vet all day. I believe they will try stitching it again but leg amputation is a possibility. That just isn't right at all.

Yes he recovered well eventually, but now has a fear of other dogs. He was much the same, nearly lost his leg. And multiple wounds. But as i say Police just basically said they would record the incident and that's it.
Glad to hear they made a recovery from the injuries but sadly not quite a full one with the trauma caused from the incident.

It's illegal to own or breed American pit bull terriers in the UK. Couldn't have been pit bulls

Fuckin hate pricks like that, his dogs are just for his ego. He would’ve paid fir that guaranteed and it wouldn’t have been the police. It must’ve bern horrific

It's illegal to own or breed American pit bull terriers in the UK. Couldn't have been pit bulls
Like that stops anybody

American bull dog things then, whatever they were hes well known around the area for training them to haul tyres and be aggressive as they can be and they are bloody massive, plus hes a bit of a well known dealer so just a bellend really.

American bull dog things then, whatever they were hes well known around the area for training them to haul tyres and be aggressive as they can be and they are bloody massive, plus hes a bit of a well known dealer so just a bellend really.
Fair enough, excuse my pedantic behaviour

Like that stops anybody
It would stop the police for saying there's nowt they can do

Happened to my friend's dog in the borders, she got ripped to bits by three or four big labradors. Clearly very badly trained dogs and it had happened before. Owner was very apologetic, begged them not to report it etc, said it was the first time and so on, then once it came to stumping up for the bills (the dog lost a leg) she started saying it wasn't clear cut etc etc. and refused to pay. Horrible woman.

Happened to my friend's dog in the borders, she got ripped to bits by three or four big labradors. Clearly very badly trained dogs and it had happened before. Owner was very apologetic, begged them not to report it etc, said it was the first time and so on, then once it came to stumping up for the bills (the dog lost a leg) she started saying it wasn't clear cut etc etc. and refused to pay. Horrible woman.
I don't know if legal action would be successful in a case like this?? In the one I've posted about the guy has apparently been taken ill in hospital. It seems he is trying to weasel his way out of paying anymore to me. Maybe I'm wrong but it just seems a bit odd.

So I'll add another element to the original post. If your beloved pooch was attacked and you found out the owner of the hellhound that carried out the attack was critically ill would you still pursue the matter? Bare in mind as I've said the poor victim could lose its leg or worse.

I don't know if legal action would be successful in a case like this?? In the one I've posted about the guy has apparently been taken ill in hospital. It seems he is trying to weasel his way out of paying anymore to me. Maybe I'm wrong but it just seems a bit odd.

So I'll add another element to the original post. If your beloved pooch was attacked and you found out the owner of the hellhound that carried out the attack was critically ill would you still pursue the matter? Bare in mind as I've said the poor victim could lose its leg or worse.

Yes.
I doubt Harvey Weinstein’s sudden ill health and dependence on a walking frame will result in charges being dropped either.

My dog used to chase a guy on a bike all the time. It got so bad i had to take her bike away.

I'll get my coat but before i go.

My dog(Rottweiler/Akita cross) has an issue with other dogs due to her 1st owner trying to use her for fighting.
If I'm heading into an area where i know there will be lots of other dogs its lead and muzzle normal walks just lead. She can run about in the garden without the lead though.

Yes.
I doubt Harvey Weinstein’s sudden ill health and dependence on a walking frame will result in charges being dropped either.
Pervey Winkelstain should sack his legal team if they have told him that not being fit to stand will get him aff.It's only if he's not fit to stand trial because he can't understand the process for mental health reasons, no just because he cannae stand unsupported during the trial

Pervey Winkelstain should sack his legal team if they have told him that not being fit to stand will get him aff.It's only if he's not fit to stand trial because he can't understand the process for mental health reasons, no just because he cannae stand unsupported during the trial

Clearly you had better lawyers.

Let me know the firm...... er....... just in case.

Zimmer and Frame Solicitors
Clearly you had better lawyers.

Let me know the firm.... er.... just in case.
Zimmer and Frame....they'll get y'aff

I suppose it would depend a bit on the circumstances. If I felt it was genuinely the first time they'd let it happen and it was a stupid mistake I guess I might let it go. But my impression is that that's very rarely the case in these situations.

My friend let it go after a bit, I think it just felt like too much hassle and bad juju generally. And to be honest I'm not sure how much it would be worth going the legal route over what's realistically not going to be much money relative to legal fees, but I'm certainly no expert.

This thread has been viewed 5212 times.

Your donation helps pay for our dedicated server and software support renewals. We really do appreciate it!
Goal
£100.00
Earned
£28.75