Corona virus on its own thread.

HaarlemShuffler

Coffee Shop Radge
Private Member
Reaction score
Just nipped out here on the bike to replenish my stash at the coffeeshop. This latest 'almost-total' lockdown here in NL has certainly quietened the streets right down, takes me back to last April...

Only 4 weeks to go and still trying to get an appointment for a booster somewhere I don't need a car or a train to get to. Pfff! 👺

GORDONSMITH7

Admin
Private Member
Reaction score
Just nipped out here on the bike to replenish my stash at the coffeeshop.
A splendid way to blow away the bloody Covid blues my good man.

Higher and Higher - Jackie Wilson

I want a to take you Higher - Sly and the Family Stone.

Eight Miles High - The Byrds

BIG G

HenryLB

Donator
Private Member
Reaction score
You were, it's been explained to you in much detail why, including with pictures. I'm afraid I can't use crayons on here to make it any clearer to you.

Are you really still banging on about one minor paragraph in a four page post which a) you didn't read or understand properly and b) you didn't understand the data in?

And you can shove your "people like you" patter right up your hole. You've got zero justification for saying that either.

I won't be replying to you again as you've shown yourself to be entirely incapable of reading what's actually being said and instead go on lengthy rants about something else entirely.
How’s the stuff about Italy from that post panning out?

bigmanandy

Private Member
Reaction score
Sounds like action to be taken in the 27th in regards to crowds, behind closed doors again?

GORDONSMITH7

Admin
Private Member
Reaction score
Jason Leitch was on BBC Radio 4's Today at 7.00 this morning. He sounded a bit pissed off that the medical advisors of the four nations have spelled out collectively and clearly the consequences of not acting sooner than later. Up to the politicians now.
When asked about 48,000 at Hampden yesterday he said that the felt this may not be sustainable along with concern about supporters in buses and pubs. Thanks Jason but I could have told her that.

BIG G

Jack

Private Member
Reaction score
Jason Leitch was on BBC Radio 4's Today at 7.00 this morning. He sounded a bit pissed off that the medical advisors of the four nations have spelled out collectively and clearly the consequences of not acting sooner than later. Up to the politicians now.
When asked about 48,000 at Hampden yesterday he said that the felt this may not be sustainable along with concern about supporters in buses and pubs. Thanks Jason but I could have told her that.

BIG G
The sooner Westminster gets its arse in gear the sooner we'll all be telt (although we all know what's coming) there's some form of restrictions coming and businesses and therefore staff can be properly compensated.

The sooner we ditch Westminster the sooner we can make these decisions for ourselves. As countries elsewhere have already done.

GORDONSMITH7

Admin
Private Member
Reaction score
The sooner we ditch Westminster the sooner we can make these decisions for ourselves. As countries elsewhere have already done.

Like Wales you mean.

Spectators will be banned from all sports events in Wales from 26 December to try to control the spread of the Omicron Covid variant.

Economy Minister Vaughan Gething said a £3m Spectator Sports Fund will be available to support clubs and venues.

BIG G

Jack

Private Member
Reaction score
Like Wales you mean.

Spectators will be banned from all sports events in Wales from 26 December to try to control the spread of the Omicron Covid variant.

Economy Minister Vaughan Gething said a £3m Spectator Sports Fund will be available to support clubs and venues.

BIG G
Like Wales but many European countries too.

GORDONSMITH7

Admin
Private Member
Reaction score
Like Wales but many European countries too.
You really don't do irony Jack. The last time I looked Wales had not ditched Westminster yet they are taking bold steps in an attempt to try and control the spread of Covid netherless.
The Scottish Government should follow Wales lead now. If the game against the Merricks is a casualty so be it. Dinnae wait until the Tories move and then fall into line.
48,000 men, women and Children on Sunday were treated to a bizarre Public Health Warning over the big screens to be reminded that it is mandatory (required by law or mandate,compulsory) to wear masks inside Hampden. Why 99% of people ignored it I have no idea. When Jason Letch came on the screens there was a certain amount of audible derision went his way, which is unfortunate as I think that he is a straight down the middle medical advisor.
I stood there thinking that the cynicim is bourne of Covid exhaustion but also that this mass gathering should never have taken place but postponed until the New Year and before people arranged transport, ticket sales etc. We will see if my theory that Scot.Gov never raised a finger to cancel was inextricably linked to fear of having to do the same for massive Hogmany street parties may or not come home to roost.
If they do follow the lead of the Welsh Government and do as they have done today, the Hogmany street parties will not be postponed whether in Cardiff, Edinburgh, Glasgow, London or anywhere in my opinion. Too much dough involved and massive street parties aren't sports events are they, don't ye know.
I shudder to think of the consequences of the utter flimflam we all hear from politicians, MSM and talking heads, every single day .

BIG G

Last edited:

Canon Hannan

Private Member
Reaction score
You really don't do irony Jack. The last time I looked Wales had not ditched Westminster yet they are taking bold steps in an attempt to try and control the spread of Covid netherless.
The Scottish Government should follow Wales lead now. If the game against the Merricks is a casualty so be it. Dinnae wait until the Tories move and then fall into line.
48,000 men, women and Children on Sunday were treated to a bizarre Public Health Warning over the big screens to be reminded that it is mandatory (required by law or mandate,compulsory) to wear masks inside Hampden. Why 99% of people ignored it I have no idea. When Jason Letch came on the screens there was a certain amount of audible derision went his way, which is unfortunate as I think that he is a straight down the middle medical advisor.
I stood there thinking that the cynicim is bourne of Covid exhaustion but also that this mass gathering should never have taken place but postponed until the New Year and before people arranged transport, ticket sales etc. We will see if my theory that Scot.Gov never raised a finger to cancel was inextricably linked to fear of having to do the same for massive Hogmany street parties may or not come home to roost.
If they do follow the lead of the Welsh Government and do as they have done today, the Hogmany street parties will not be postponed whether in Cardiff, Edinburgh, Glasgow, London or anywhere in my opinion. Too much dough involved and massive street parties aren't sports events are they, don't ye know.
I shudder to think of the consequences of the utter flimflam we all hear from politicians, MSM and talking heads, every single day .

BIG G
Hogmany party cancelled.

GORDONSMITH7

Admin
Private Member
Reaction score
Hogmany party cancelled.
Believe me there will still be thousands congregating, I suspect, throughout Scotland. They will need more than yon device that blocks off Albion Road after games I fear.

BIG G

GORDONSMITH7

Admin
Private Member
Reaction score
I was watching the news earlier saying that 9 out 10 of new cases of Covid in the US are new varient. Depressingly low take up of 1st,2nd and booster jags.As though 800,000+ death does not seem to convince many people these stats should, that I captured (rather badly).

20211221_150756.jpg

20211221_150801.jpg

Don't know if they are comparable to the UK or not. Perhaps showing a similar format should be shown in the UK though, to ram home the message.

BIG G

greencol

Skivin cooncil Radge
Private Member
Reaction score
I was watching the news earlier saying that 9 out 10 of new cases of Covid in the US are new varient. Depressingly low take up of 1st,2nd and booster jags.As though 800,000+ death does not seem to convince many people these stats should, that I captured (rather badly).

View attachment 7262

View attachment 7263

Don't know if they are comparable to the UK or not. Perhaps showing a similar format should be shown in the UK though, to ram home the message.

BIG G
They have god on their side G.

Hallelujah brother.

Poor bastards.

moathibby

Private Member
Reaction score
98% of pregnant women in scotland who had covid and ended in critical care were un vaccinated latest figures show.

bigmanandy

Private Member
Reaction score
Apparently the final was a super spreader even a cording to Swinney....

Shows the stats Swinney.

It's ok though No COVID transmitting tomorrow.

Want to get rid of the ads?
Click Here

This thread has been viewed 237442 times.

Support the Site!

Your donation helps pay for our dedicated server and software support renewals. We really do appreciate it!
Goal
£100.00
Earned
£66.00