Best place to eat out?

Legend
VIP Member
Clearly the bounce diaspora is large and wide, and we eat in places from Leith to Lombok to LA. Where is your favourite place for a nice scran, whether it be a cafe, bar, restaurant, hotel, whatever and what do you order?

In Edinburgh, I love Cafe Andaluz, particularly the one on George IV Bridge, good scran, reasonable deals (try the pre theatre meal deal) and easy to walk to/ from from Waverley. I tend to go for Chiperones and alioli (deep fried baby squid), ye cannae get them anywhere else in Scotland that I have found and although I am a red wine drinker, I prefer pints of San Miguel when in Cafe Andaluz. Best Spanish tapas I have eaten outside of Andalucia.

You?

Legend
VIP Member
I saw you were there earlier! I like it too.

Our place to eat is the Guru although the last time wasn't as great as usual, that was a few weeks ago so hopefully just getting used to being open again.

Just been to Victoria. It was a bit disappointing.

I was really surprised by the Golden Mabal??? at the end of Albert Street. Past it hunners of times but we went in last week for the first time and we enjoyed it.

Legend
VIP Member
Went to the Walnut in Leith Walk last night. Beautiful food, £20 for two courses, £25 for three.... and you can bring your own wine, even though it's fully licensed. Recommended to me by my foodie nephew.

Legend
VIP Member
Went to the Walnut in Leith Walk last night. Beautiful food, £20 for two courses, £25 for three.... and you can bring your own wine, even though it's fully licensed. Recommended to me by my foodie nephew.

I walked past it yesterday, reminded me of Pierre Victoires menu, but it seeemed awfy mobbed for Covid times?

Legend
VIP Member
There were three covers of two (including the wife and me) and one of four during the course of our visit. Well spaced out, felt perfectly safe.

VIP Member
There were 3 covers?I’m no’ takin’ ma duvet along I just want to eat.

Longniddry Inn is a favourite of Mrs Sockyboy and me. Has the knack of being consistently good. Fairly standard pub grub but never disappoints. Just a 20 train trip from the capital too.

Legend
VIP Member
I saw you were there earlier! I like it too.

Our place to eat is the Guru although the last time wasn't as great as usual, that was a few weeks ago so hopefully just getting used to being open again.

Just been to Victoria. It was a bit disappointing.

I was really surprised by the Golden Mabal??? at the end of Albert Street. Past it hunners of times but we went in last week for the first time and we enjoyed it.
The indian?
the Golden Amble?
its brilliant, mrs is not a big Indian fan,but loves it there. Can never remember what i get, usually differs, but they have a starter of some kind of chilli/curried fish... it is mouthwateringly amazing

Always enjoyed Butternut Squash in porty, its small but always been good grub.

Think they sold the place to the barmaid and she's kept all the kitchen staff so should still be good.

DarrenSQH

Legend
VIP Member
Chaopraya is me and the Mrs favorite. Not been since her birthday in December though. Food and drinks are superb. Thay sharing starter platter and then the weeping tiger is my favorite.

VIP Member
El Cartel is a favourite, love all things Mexican and this is the best one by a mile.

Depending what I’m in the mood for I’d add Shezan for an Indian, Chop House for a steak, Taste of Italy for a quick Italian bite, the bar snacks at the Mash Tun for a pre-match scran (ah how I miss the fitbaw).

Daddy 'O' Hibee

Legend
VIP Member
North Esk reservoir on Wednesday, sun shining, flask of knor minestrone and two corn beef rolls. 7 hours of walking, never seen a soul. Heaven. Eating out seems a thing of the past, love Nepalese food. A few good ones in Edinburgh.

Latest Posts

£75.00