What Choons Yi Listening To?

BonScott64

Private Member
Reaction score
I can think of numerous bands who produced good stuff , can’t say the clash are one of them . I like what I like . Opinions 🤷‍♂️ Suppose that’s what this thread is about 🤔
So Mike Oldfield 👍
The Clash 👎
Deary fukn me...what a world we live in...

Last edited:

Jack K

Well-Known Radge
Reaction score
Speaking of multi - talented instrumentalists :-
To my ears that sounds slightly better than when The Shadows became shite and came out with Cavetina/Deer Hunter etc but it's in the same ball park.
Saying that you are entitled to and should listen to whatever floats your boat.
I liked the Clash a lot over the first four albums and assorted singles but the poster BS's assertion above that they are the only band that matters is silly as well.
The truth is there are mental amounts of great music, both old and new, for those who are not forever stuck in the music of their youth.

EH17 Jimmy

Just A Radge
Reaction score
These are the songs from the first four episodes of Sherwood.

All songs by the Ian Campbell Folk Group....

The Apprentice Song

ILHTD

Sober at last radge
Private Member
Reaction score
Never been a Stones fan cos I cannae stand Jagger. Shallow of me but cannae help it. Having said that they've turned out some good stuff. Here's my favourite cover of gimme shelter.

mickeyjp

Just A Radge
Reaction score
Rock the Casbah probably. Though if you want proper Clash - debut - Rope - Calling - early singles have great b-sides.
I prefer mick jones when he was in big audio dynamite. Bottom line and medicine show brilliant songs. Best clash white man ihp imho.

mickeyjp

Just A Radge
Reaction score
Just listened to the magnificent Big Country by band of the same name. Interesting trivia is none of the most famous lineup were Scottish, by birth. The tragic Adamson was a Manc and, much like myself, other guitarist Bruce Watson was born in Canada. Other 2 born down south.
Was at their very first scottish gig at madisons above the playhouse. Hadnt heard any of their stuff but straight away chance and porrohman stuck out. Whenever i need motivation i listen to the crossing. Very much underrated band.

Jack K

Well-Known Radge
Reaction score
Never been a Stones fan cos I cannae stand Jagger. Shallow of me but cannae help it. Having said that they've turned out some good stuff. Here's my favourite cover of gimme shelter.

Yu may like the definitive cover by Merry Clayton

Want to get rid of the ads?
Click Here

This thread has been viewed 213090 times.

Support the Site!

Your donation helps pay for our dedicated server and software support renewals. We really do appreciate it!
Goal
£100.00
Earned
£28.75