What Choons Yi Listening To?

Admin
Private Member
Reaction score
I listened to at least 30 Dexys songs tonight. Kevin Rolland is a master of soul and Irish folk combined.

Jack K

Well-Known Radge
Reaction score
Rick Wakeman.
Keyboard genius.
Only one who came close was Keith Emerson.

Quality tunes.
My interest in music is songs and melody.
Songwriting was not a strength of these guys so although I listened to much of their work back in the day I have never felt the need to revisit them in the last 40 years.

I do like that Wakeman played the Mellotron on Space Oddity and Bowie invited him to be the keyboard player in the Spiders From Mars. He declined and joined Yes instead.

He is a funny guy with good comedic timing as well as a great musician so perhaps he could combine both and release another concept album "The 4 Wives of Rick Wakeman" He was catching Henry fast for a while.

Doc Shrink

Curmudgeon Radge
Private Member
Reaction score
My interest in music is songs and melody.
Songwriting was not a strength of these guys so although I listened to much of their work back in the day I have never felt the need to revisit them in the last 40 years.

I do like that Wakeman played the Mellotron on Space Oddity and Bowie invited him to be the keyboard player in the Spiders From Mars. He declined and joined Yes instead.

He is a funny guy with good comedic timing as well as a great musician so perhaps he could combine both and release another concept album "The 4 Wives of Rick Wakeman" He was catching Henry fast for a while.

Met his wife many years ago when she was in Edinburgh.
Nina Carter.
Bit decent.

Jack K

Well-Known Radge
Reaction score
Met his wife many years ago when she was in Edinburgh.
Nina Carter.
Bit decent.
She was very hot.
Was she visiting your camera club?

Wakeman has an extraordinary story about meeting the Queen Mother when he was a music student. Worth searching out if you don't know it.

Admin
Private Member
Reaction score
She was very hot.

Wakeman has an extraordinary story about meeting the Queen Mother when he was a music student. Worth searching out if you don't know it.
I was hoping for something involving booze, drugs or shagging. A fucking horse?

BonScott64

Private Member
Reaction score
She was very hot.

Oh a 'camera club'

joethehibby

Well-Known Radge
Reaction score
Yes cause the more popular you are the better you are...
The Only Band That Matters.
I can think of numerous bands who produced good stuff , can’t say the clash are one of them . I like what I like . Opinions 🤷‍♂️ Suppose that’s what this thread is about 🤔

Want to get rid of the ads?
Click Here

This thread has been viewed 213090 times.

Support the Site!

Your donation helps pay for our dedicated server and software support renewals. We really do appreciate it!
Goal
£100.00
Earned
£28.75