• Guest, The HibeesBounce invites you to enter our Monthly Draw...

Enter our Monthly Draw Here

GGTTH

• hibeesbounce

Strongest Hibs team

westsidehibs

Private Member
Reaction score
What's the best team since you have followed hibs not ones you've heard of .
The team since I have supported hibs with the skol cup final against Aberdeen being my first , is the one with Sauzee luna latapy etc .

What's the best team since you have followed hibs not ones you've heard of .
The team since I have supported hibs with the skol cup final against Aberdeen being my first , is the one with Sauzee luna latapy etc .
The team that won 0-7 on New Year's Day is hard to beat, I've not seen a Hibs side flow the way they could, oh memories eh?

McLeish's team for me. Man, we had some fuckin outstanding players then. Privileged to have watched some of them. Imagine if we had Darren Jackson and a top keeper in that team [emoji7] wow wees!!

Sent from my E5823 using Tapatalk

Herriot,Brownlie,Schaedler,Stanton,Black,Blackley,Edwards,O'Rourke,Gordon,Cropley,Duncan.

I've watched 3 very strong sides. McLeish 2000-2001, Mowbray 2005-2006 and Lennon 2017-2018.

For me Lennon's 2018 side shades it.

I've watched 3 very strong sides. McLeish 2000-2001, Mowbray 2005-2006 and Lennon 2017-2018.

McLeish and Mowbray teams - I used to feel sorry for the opposition . Early seventies too ..

I'm intrigued by this. I kinda see that Lennon team as a half season wonder. It was a glorious 4 months though.

The McLeish and Mowbray teams were superior in my opinion.

Itd be be the McLeish 00-01 team for me.

I'm intrigued by this. I kinda see that Lennon team as a half season wonder. It was a glorious 4 months though.

The GJP were not as good in the second half of that season. Contract talks....

Herriot,Brownlie,Schaedler,Stanton,Black,Blackley,Edwards,O'Rourke,Gordon,Cropley,Duncan.

this for me too

this for me too
i gotta go with this team too.

The GJP were not as good in the second half of that season. Contract talks....

True. The first half was better. Still finished third.

6-2 seals it though :D

Last edited:
Early 70's team...I was just a wee laddie but I loved them. All heroes to me especially Pat Stanton. I was too young to fully appreciate them at the time, they just seemed to win all the time except when we played Celtic. I used to go up to Easter Road during the school holidays with my mate to get the players autographs when they came back from training. Stanton, Higgins, Edwards, Brownlie etc all great lads and great players along with Ally McLeod who was one of my all time Hibs favourites.

Best teams since then ?...the McLeish team of 2000/2001 was definitely the best Hibs team I have seen in my adult life. Alex Miller's team of 1991 to 1994 was also terrific. Mowbray's great young team of 2004 to 2007 was exhilarating to watch and I wish Tony had been able to win a trophy with that team..as it turned out John Collins was the one who managed to bring home the silverware. Best team since then was Allan Stubbs Scottish Cup winning legends and Lennon's side from the second half of last season.

McLeish and Mowbray played good football but too inconsistent. We lost only 7 games last season which is incredible really. From January to October(when the wheels started to fall off) we'd gained more points than any other team in the league. Out of the 3 squads Lennon achieved the points record. I'd rate the squads; Lennon, McLeish and then Mowbray.

That's mine too! Altho' Turnbull was an incredible manager, I have never understood why he dismantled that team.

Tornadoes for me, but Greenmachine kinda nailed it.

That's mine too! Altho' Turnbull was an incredible manager, I have never understood why he dismantled that team.

Me neither.
I wrote to Eddie and demanded an explanation; never got one.

Bastard would have ignored emails if it was present day.
Built a brilliant team but broke it up too soon.

Frustration. We couldn't win the big games that mattered.

Tornadoes no question. Gordon at the back post. Remember being a wee laddie at Rugby park my first outing . Wed night game. Wow.
Amazing tae watch , real Hibs strip tae . None of this modern nonsense.

All to do with getting Joe Harper in the the team at any cost. I staged my own one-man boycott at that time by refusing to go to Easter Road until Turnbull saw sense again and went back to the Tornadoes-style fitbaw. Aye, you're right. I don't think Eddie ever heard about my boycott.

Me neither.
I wrote to Eddie and demanded an explanation; never got one.

Bastard would have ignored emails if it was present day.
Built a brilliant team but broke it up too soon.
Bastard decided to die too,in order to avoid emails.

Frustration. We couldn't win the big games that mattered.
We did win the league cup and two dryburgh cups?

It was just a pity that Jock Stein built a particularly strong team at the same time.

Totally agree

This thread has been viewed 3683 times.

Your donation helps pay for our dedicated server and software support renewals. We really do appreciate it!
Goal
£100.00
Earned
£47.50
Back