• Guest, The HibeesBounce invites you to enter our Monthly Draw...

Enter our Monthly Draw Here

GGTTH

• hibeesbounce

Strikes,Facts Figures Updates

moathibby

Private Member
Reaction score
An important shift is taking place within the class struggle.Over 80000 Rail and BT workers are on strike.These are two important battles against the Tories and the cost of living crises.
Over 40000 Rail workers plan two further strikes next month.More could be coming.Around 115000 Royal Mail workers have delivered a massive votes for strikes after bosses tried to push through a below inflation pay deal.
The Tory imposition of pay cuts to Health,Local Government and School workers could see unions move towards strikes in the autumn.
Fire fighters are rejecting below inflation offers.The new mood in the working class ould help build big votes for strikes and smash through the turnout thresholds in the Tory nti union laws.
We need to build solidarity moves for the Rail and BT workers.There needs to be protests and rallies on strike days.
Activists should fight to spread the action to their own workplaces and saectors.We need to keep up the pressure on union leaders. The RPI inflation rate has hit a 40 year high at 11.9%,which means leaders shouldn't accept below inflation pay increases.
Othe ballots are in the offering.We need to make our union leaders move faster on consultative ballots,weeks of talks,and then one day strikes.
Whilst balloting for strikes, unions could call for protests marchies and rallies to put pressure on the Tories and build yes votes.
There is a huge oppertunity for fightbacks against attacks from the Tories and their bosses.
Rail Workers
Around 50000 rail workers in the RMT ASLEF and TSSA unions are fighting over below inflation pay offers, job cuts and working conditions.
Union:RMT
Who? 40000 rail workers at Network Rail and 14 train operating companies.
When Wednesday 27th July,Wednesday 18th August and Saturday 20th August
Union Aslef
Who?6000 Aslef train drivers Union members at 8 companies
When?Saturday 30th July
Union TSSA
Who The TSSA union-represents managers and admin staff-held succesful ballots for strikes at Network Rail and 10 train operating companies.Have only called action at 1.
When?TSSA members on the Avanti West Coast line are on strike on Wednesday 27th July.
BT Group Workers
Union:CWU
Who?40000 CWU union members at BT and Openreach delivered huge votes for strikes after bosses imposed a below inflationpay increase.Workers at EE -also part of the BT group overwhelmingly backed the strike but fell 8 votes short of the turnout threshold of Tory anti union laws.
When Friday 29th July and Monday 1st August.
Legal Services
Union:Criminal Bar Association
Who?Criminal Barristers are striking as part of a push for the government to uplift rates by 25%
When-began on Monday 27th June .Escalated culminating in a five day strike last week.It resumes again on 1st August with a five day walkout.Barristers to walkout every other week.
There are plenty more; including Royal Mail and Binmen,this is just a little taster of a long hot summer for the working class.

Its called a controlled collapse.

Welcome to The Great Reset!

Dr Evil(Klaus Schwab) is your new owner.

You will own nothing..and be happy.

The tinfoil hatters have been stating this for a bloody long time!

Within 1 year.....toilet paper will be worth more than a dollar.

Mark my words!

Gatwick Airport Workers have just won themselves a 21.5 pay rise.Striking works folks.

Coventry Bin workers win 12.9%

Coventry Bin workers win 12.9%
And as has been pointed out by Mick Lynch and many economists, it isn't pay that's driving inflation. It's excessive profit taking. But the Tories and the media will keep promoting the wages/inflation spiral myth.
🤬

Good post @moathibby and all I can say it's great to see the Labour leadership and the Party so united, standing shoulder to shoulder the length and breadth of the country UK leading the line in the fightback against these tory bastards and their wealth hoovering pals. Its great to see the Labour Party so in tune with its roots.

I'm not sure how long it will be before we see a general strike. Hopefully not that long. I suspect, away from the workers strikes, there will be riots up and down the UK as well.

Last edited:
It's actually being discussed by the Union leadership,if I'm not letting the cat out of the bag.

I'm not actually a member of Counterfire but I do receive emails from them here is more useful info if I've take the adress down correctly Outlook...

I'm not actually a member of Counterfire but I do receive emails from them here is more useful info if I've take the adress down correctly Outlook...
Not quite.

Truss is gonni ban strikes and the Union.

Truss is gonni ban strikes and the Union.
Excellent. Major contribution to the Tories losing the next election. 😀

Some list.

They've missed out a load of Scottish workers!

Typical Counterfire.Think they've got 4 ish comrades up here.They're London centric.They did a piece on an Edinburgh bus strike a while back and the picture they put up was a Stagecoach bus.I got them told.But would the Guardian or Times do a better job on reporting strikes?Very much doubt it.

Typical Counterfire.Think they've got 4 ish comrades up here.They're London centric.They did a piece on an Edinburgh bus strike a while back and the picture they put up was a Stagecoach bus.I got them told.But would the Guardian or Times do a better job on reporting strikes?Very much doubt it.
I'm not criticising you for posting but its like a lot of these things, Scotland gets a wee mention or none at all, it's just a bit disappointing.

Things like strikes are kicking off around here with multiple municipal worker types going on or threatening strike action among others. Our police going about as far as they can go legally and I'd think that is quite a biggy in the grand scheme of things.

Next time I'm heading up toon and passing the stall I'll ask Colin Fox about Scot's strikes.Be intrested to hear if any SNP members have been on the picket line and if so does Sturgeon sack them?

This is at Waverley yesterday.

Attachments

• thumbnail_20220730_105038.jpg
    thumbnail_20220730_105038.jpg
    388.3 KB · Views: 35
This is at Waverley yesterday.
Can that bairn even reach the controls?

Reactions: Zab
Not being very up to date regarding strike action and all the rules and regs that follow, wouldnt it be far more beneficial for the unions to call a general strike now , just to lay down a marker and show this government that people have had enough🤷🏼‍♂️. I would have thought now would be the ideal time

It's certainly being discussed.Not all union leaders are as left as Mick Flynn unfortunately.

It's certainly being discussed.Not all union leaders are as left as Mick Flynn unfortunately.
Is Mick Lynch that far left though Moaty? I don’t think he is , it’s this government that is far right .

Sorry Lynch.He says his hero is James Connolly.That's pretty left.The thing is the last General Strike was in 1926,which wasn't backed by Labour ,wasn't universally supported,was scabbed on by Students and went down to defeat after a week.It's a big move to make if your not getting backing from Starmer.

Sorry Lynch.He says his hero is James Connolly.That's pretty left.The thing is the last General Strike was in 1926,which wasn't backed by Labour ,wasn't universally supported,was scabbed on by Students and went down to defeat after a week.It's a big move to make if your not getting backing from Starmer.
1926 :amazed: really! Didn’t know that. If the Labour Party leader can’t support the workers then he needs to go.

1926 :amazed: really! Didn’t know that. If the Labour Party leader can’t support the workers then he needs to go.
100%

BIG G

Need to go for it in spite of Labour.The defeat in 26,meant the boss class went on the offensive.Militants across the country found themselves sacked.Took 40 years for the class to recover.The rank and file need to push for this and we have to be clear this can't just be to get shot of the Tories.Starmer won't be an improvement because he'll not move a jot to reign back the bosses.Climate change is the biggy,we can't find a solution under Capitalism.We have to fundamentally change how society is run.Sorry to sound like a broken record.

this made me laugh 😆 64D14F50-9B39-4315-9E9D-BA33698AC935.jpeg

Leeds Teaching Hospital Unison members are now working to rule.

Coventry HGV2 drivers have won their dispute with Labour Council after being all out since January.
The deal is a pay rise of up to 12.9% for the drivers.Itincludes a one-off £4000 bonus for working Christmas week and all disciplinary charges against rep Pete Randle have been dropped.
New starters will begin on an increased rate of 8%,This means lower earners wont have to wait 11 years to reach the top pay grade.That has been cut by 4 years.
Labour Council claimed the drivers were earning £52000.This was bollocks,in reality the rate was between £22188 and £27741 a year.All 73 Unite members voted for the deal bar 2.
Talk is now about whther Unite want to defund from Labour.Many members have torn up their membership in disgust.
Strikers did lose holiday pay from last year but they were allowed to carry over five as well as getting full holiday pay this year.Some workers will be offered early retirement or voluntary redundancy.
The council claim the offer was on the table from the start, again bollocks.They could have sorted this out for £30000 now it has cost well over 4 million.

UCU win.
UCU have just won a landmark win as the Open University have been rolling out new permanent contracts for 4800 previously casualised Associate Lecturers. This is the biggest decasualisation programme ever to take place in the Higher Education sector.

Jaguar Landrover win.
Workers at Jaguar Landrover in the West Midlands have rejected the bosses attempt to renege on a pay deal.
Bosses wanted to backtrack on a previous agreement and replace it with a below inflation increase of 6% coupled with a £5000 lump sum.
For lower paid workers including the one -off lump sum it would have given a pay rise of 14% for this year.But the lump sum payment would have dissapeared next year.
Union officials at JLR made no formal recommendation. Bosses and the union at the Solihull union committee said losses at JLR justified the worse offer. But JLR made £14 billion between 2011 and 2018.
Workers rejected the new offer by 84% to 16%. JLR has agreed to stick to the original deal and implement an agreed 12.4% pay rise.

He's no revolutionary. He's pretty moderate I'd say. Not buy the right wing media narrative.

For once an interesting piece by the BBC Is Scotland facing a summer of discontent?

Grangemouth-500 hundred maintanence and repair people could be heading for a wildcat strike next Wednesday.This sis important because a) it ignores all the anti strike laws and b) it could bring the refinary to a close,cutting oil and gas production significantly.These are rolling strikes which could mean strikes every second Wednesday.Things are heating up-well not your boiler obviously.

Bin collection workers are set to strike during the Edinburgh Festival, union leaders have announced.

Around 250 Unite members will walk out from 18 August until 30 August - the day after the end of Edinburgh's International and Fringe festivals.

The GMB union said its members in waste and recycling services would join them in the action in response to a "derisory" 2% council pay offer.

Further strike action to target schools is expected to begin in September.

The Edinburgh Festival will be held between 5 and 29 August. It is its first full programme of events since 2019.

Significantly improved pay offer needed, says union Council workers in Scotland vote for strike action

Unite said workers in Edinburgh were participating in a first wave of strike action.

It said a second wave would follow in Aberdeen, Dundee and Glasgow as part of a "coordinated campaign" to persuade the Scottish government and local government body Cosla to make an improved pay offer.

4 Amazon distribution centres are now on Wildcat strike.

Grangemouth-500 hundred maintanence and repair people could be heading for a wildcat strike next Wednesday.This sis important because a) it ignores all the anti strike laws and b) it could bring the refinary to a close,cutting oil and gas production significantly.These are rolling strikes which could mean strikes every second Wednesday.Things are heating up-well not your boiler obviously.
Wonderful

For anybody interested the RMT have called for a demo outside the Tory headquarters in Edinburgh at 11.30 on Thursday.That's just off New St.Basically they are calling on the Govt. to take a look at their anti union legislation and to stop being a bunch of chunts(I'm paraphrasing).

Well done the folks striking at Grangemouth.

If they participated they were threatened with losing their jobs.

Bin workers are coming out on strike from the 18th of this month.Time for Newhoose to dig up his old meme.Not that he tends to pay much attention to the Bounce these days.Sorry it's not a meme it's a picture.

This thread has been viewed 30454 times.

Your donation helps pay for our dedicated server and software support renewals. We really do appreciate it!
Goal
£100.00
Earned
£28.75