• Hi there, if you are wanting to register, you will need a registration code. To obtain said code please email hibs@hibeesbounce.com with a brief description of why you want to become part of the bounce. Please also supply us with your IP address Click here if you do not know your IP Thank You. GGTTH

podcasts

gun ainm

Bounce Flag Co-Owner
Flag Owner
Radge Donator
Private Member
Bounce Radge
Part of Bounce
anyone recommend some decent podcasts - environment, politics &other cowshed themes (interesting stuff)? looking for content to brighten up dog walks in the rain - muchos gracias

Sauzee's Teeth

I Was There And Went Radge
Radge Donator
Private Member
Bounce Radge
Lewis Flag Donator
Serial is excellent. 1st series and the 2nd series so far are very good.

Stuff You Should Know is also pretty good.

In terms of football podcasts; The Football Ramble is my favourite.

Braehead Cabbage

Baldy radge
Radge Donator
Private Member
Bounce Radge
Monthly Radge
Part of Bounce
I mainly listen to radio shows I don't have time to listen to live.Kermode and Mayo,Danny Baker etc.

On a more intellectual bent,try The infinite monkey cage,it's Prof Brian Cox attempting to explain complex science but very entertaining.

No such thing as a fish is the research team for QI sharing some facts they've been looking up,informative and amsuing

Brainwrong

Spaktacuradge
Radge Donator
Private Member
Bounce Radge
Monthly Radge
anyone recommend some decent podcasts - environment, politics &other cowshed themes (interesting stuff)? looking for content to brighten up dog walks in the rain - muchos gracias
Posted this last year...

Barry Podcasts

The__Proclaimer

LEGEND!!
Radge Donator
Private Member
Bounce Radge
Spotify users - update the app. They've just added audio & video podcasts to the service. Mostly American but the aforementioned No Such Thing As A Fish there and some other British ones you find on iTunes.

They're listed under 'shows'.

Plasticman

Radge Private Member
Private Member
Bounce Radge
My favourites are;

the guardians Football Weekly (mondays) and Football Weekly Extra (thursdays) Football Weekly | Football | The Guardian

the times the game (mondays) https://soundcloud.com/the-game-podcast

a word in your ear (continuing podcast from the now defunct Word magazine) The Word Podcast A Word In Your Ear

In Our Time (from BBC - Melvin Bragg) BBC Radio 4 - In Our Time - Downloads

Frank Skinner The Frank Skinner Show on Absolute Radio

The British History Podcast Storyline The British History Podcast

superbam

Radge Donator
Radge Donator
Private Member
Bounce Radge
Would recommend the Thinking Allowed sociology podcast on Radio 4

BBC Radio 4 - Thinking Allowed - Downloads

and the BBC World Service documentaries

BBC World Service - Documentaries - Downloads

For Scottish politics from a pro-indy perspective always like Michael Greenwell's stuff:

The Scottish Independence Podcast Michael Greenwell

This for global development issues

CGD Podcast | Center For Global Development

hibadelic

Radge-a-Casblanca
Administrator
Ricky Jervais Show, Doug Stanhope Shotclog, Serial and Freakonomics are all worth a listen. The first two are basically just like listening to your mates talking shite in the pub, Serial is about a possible miscarriage of justice and Freakonomics by the the writers of the book of the same name.

gun ainm

Bounce Flag Co-Owner
Flag Owner
Radge Donator
Private Member
Bounce Radge
Part of Bounce
enjoying Dan Carlin's Blueprint for Armageddon series (examines build up to WWI) and argues (fairly successfully) that Gavrilo Princip is modern history's most significant person = easy to listen to and engaging if a bit yankee

Chester Perry

Radge Private Member
Private Member
Bounce Radge
Ricky Jervais Show, Doug Stanhope Shotclog, Serial and Freakonomics are all worth a listen. The first two are basically just like listening to your mates talking $#@!e in the pub, Serial is about a possible miscarriage of justice and Freakonomics by the the writers of the book of the same name.
Stanhope, everytime. Best stand up ever and his podcasts were my soundtrack to a bleak time, in progress. Glad we (Brainwrong) got to see him in the Tron last year.

Kenny

Radge Private Member
Private Member
Bounce Radge
Lewis Flag Donator
99percent invisible is a fav of mine.

Braehead Cabbage

Baldy radge
Radge Donator
Private Member
Bounce Radge
Monthly Radge
Part of Bounce
The Kermode and Mayo podcast have a dvd of the week segment which is accompanied by very cheesy music,a PA announcer asked if he could use it as he read the teams out at his clubs next home game,they asked him to record it and sent it in,so the next week the Hibs team was read out over James Last at Morton game at Capilow

dangerousdavid

Bounce Radge
Part of Bounce
+1 for Inifinte Monkey Cage, Freakonomics and Melvyn Bragg In Our Time

Brainwrong

Spaktacuradge
Radge Donator
Private Member
Bounce Radge
Monthly Radge
Been enjoying Israel Story. It's basically a Jewish This American Life. But, as I commented on Farceboak, This American Life is a Jewish This American Life so, yadda yadda yadda.

Entitled Opinions (about Life and Literature) is pretty unique and unintentionally funny, purely on a lack of self awareness level. Or, perhaps I'm confusing that with unabashed sincerity. Anyway, the subject matter is by a Stanford university professor and can be pretty heavy in an academic sense. Total blast though due to his abject classic hippy ways.

Easy going; Stuff Mom Never Told You has been enjoyable enough even with the high levels of vocal fry.

southfieldhibby

Radge Private Member
Private Member
Bounce Radge
Player Sponsor
Lewis Flag Donator
Is Graham Hunters big interview classed as a podcast? Some crackers

southfieldhibby

Radge Private Member
Private Member
Bounce Radge
Player Sponsor
Lewis Flag Donator
It is. Any you'd recommend?
Most of them are decent, Peter Beardsley was good, Darren Fletcher too. Not heard the Frank McAvennie one yet.

Donate

Help The Bounce, Bounce

We are looking for users to donate to reach our shortfall of £70 per month to pay for the server, can you spare a few quid at all?
Goal
£70.00
Earned
£50.00
This donation drive ends in

Celtc v Hibs

Donate

Help The Bounce, Bounce

We are looking for users to donate to reach our shortfall of £70 per month to pay for the server, can you spare a few quid at all?
Goal
£70.00
Earned
£50.00
This donation drive ends in