• Guest, The HibeesBounce invites you to enter our Monthly Draw...

Enter our Monthly Draw Here

GGTTH

• hibeesbounce

podcasts

gun ainm

Bounce Flag Co-Owner
Private Member
Reaction score
anyone recommend some decent podcasts - environment, politics &other cowshed themes (interesting stuff)? looking for content to brighten up dog walks in the rain - muchos gracias

Sorry R, can't help with podcasts, But here's one to read on the bus

http://www.theguardian.com/technology/2016/jan/28/death-of-a-troll

Serial is excellent. 1st series and the 2nd series so far are very good.

Stuff You Should Know is also pretty good.

In terms of football podcasts; The Football Ramble is my favourite.

I mainly listen to radio shows I don't have time to listen to live.Kermode and Mayo,Danny Baker etc.

On a more intellectual bent,try The infinite monkey cage,it's Prof Brian Cox attempting to explain complex science but very entertaining.

No such thing as a fish is the research team for QI sharing some facts they've been looking up,informative and amsuing

anyone recommend some decent podcasts - environment, politics &other cowshed themes (interesting stuff)? looking for content to brighten up dog walks in the rain - muchos gracias

Posted this last year...

Barry Podcasts

Spotify users - update the app. They've just added audio & video podcasts to the service. Mostly American but the aforementioned No Such Thing As A Fish there and some other British ones you find on iTunes.

They're listed under 'shows'.

My favourites are;

the guardians Football Weekly (mondays) and Football Weekly Extra (thursdays) Football Weekly | Football | The Guardian

the times the game (mondays) https://soundcloud.com/the-game-podcast

a word in your ear (continuing podcast from the now defunct Word magazine) The Word Podcast A Word In Your Ear

In Our Time (from BBC - Melvin Bragg) BBC Radio 4 - In Our Time - Downloads

Frank Skinner The Frank Skinner Show on Absolute Radio

The British History Podcast Storyline The British History Podcast

Would recommend the Thinking Allowed sociology podcast on Radio 4

BBC Radio 4 - Thinking Allowed - Downloads

and the BBC World Service documentaries

BBC World Service - Documentaries - Downloads

For Scottish politics from a pro-indy perspective always like Michael Greenwell's stuff:

The Scottish Independence Podcast Michael Greenwell

This for global development issues

CGD Podcast | Center For Global Development

Ricky Jervais Show, Doug Stanhope Shotclog, Serial and Freakonomics are all worth a listen. The first two are basically just like listening to your mates talking shite in the pub, Serial is about a possible miscarriage of justice and Freakonomics by the the writers of the book of the same name.

enjoying Dan Carlin's Blueprint for Armageddon series (examines build up to WWI) and argues (fairly successfully) that Gavrilo Princip is modern history's most significant person = easy to listen to and engaging if a bit yankee

Stuff you should know
Stuff You Should Know

Ricky Jervais Show, Doug Stanhope Shotclog, Serial and Freakonomics are all worth a listen. The first two are basically just like listening to your mates talking $#@!e in the pub, Serial is about a possible miscarriage of justice and Freakonomics by the the writers of the book of the same name.

Stanhope, everytime. Best stand up ever and his podcasts were my soundtrack to a bleak time, in progress. Glad we (Brainwrong) got to see him in the Tron last year.

99percent invisible is a fav of mine.

99percent invisible is a fav of mine.

99% Invisible

The Kermode and Mayo podcast have a dvd of the week segment which is accompanied by very cheesy music,a PA announcer asked if he could use it as he read the teams out at his clubs next home game,they asked him to record it and sent it in,so the next week the Hibs team was read out over James Last at Morton game at Capilow

+1 for Inifinte Monkey Cage, Freakonomics and Melvyn Bragg In Our Time

Been enjoying Israel Story. It's basically a Jewish This American Life. But, as I commented on Farceboak, This American Life is a Jewish This American Life so, yadda yadda yadda.

Entitled Opinions (about Life and Literature) is pretty unique and unintentionally funny, purely on a lack of self awareness level. Or, perhaps I'm confusing that with unabashed sincerity. Anyway, the subject matter is by a Stanford university professor and can be pretty heavy in an academic sense. Total blast though due to his abject classic hippy ways.

Easy going; Stuff Mom Never Told You has been enjoyable enough even with the high levels of vocal fry.

Is Graham Hunters big interview classed as a podcast? Some crackers

Is Graham Hunters big interview classed as a podcast? Some crackers

It is. Any you'd recommend?

It is. Any you'd recommend?

Most of them are decent, Peter Beardsley was good, Darren Fletcher too. Not heard the Frank McAvennie one yet.

thread resurrected to alert yous to The Blindboy Podcast - fuckin deadly you cnts. maybe try the Roddy Doyle one or the Bernadette Devlin one for starters? theres a wide mix of themes though

if you havent a scoobie who blindboy is do yerself a favour and inform thyself

Athletico mince and Top flight time machine are brilliant.
The Danny Baker and Gary Linekar is also worth a listen

This thread has been viewed 3559 times.

Your donation helps pay for our dedicated server and software support renewals. We really do appreciate it!
Goal
£100.00
Earned
£47.50