• Guest, The HibeesBounce invites you to enter our Monthly Draw...

Enter our Monthly Draw Here

GGTTH

• hibeesbounce

Hibs at home (Season opener) vs Wedding on the same day

ZemmamasBarnet

Private Member
Reaction score
Have you ever ditched a wedding to go to a Hibs game? If so, how did you get away with it and did it have any lasting effect on your relationship?

The season opener is on 04/08/18 and my wife's pal is getting married the same day. It's the perfect storm that I warned my wife about. I.E. If Hibs are playing and someone's getting married, I'm going to see Hibs. I think she thought I was kidding but I'm no.

I categorically do not want to go to this weeding. I've no interest in going, barely know the couple that are getting married and know about two people there.

I've told my I don't want to go and she has given me multiple reasons why I should go but we are in complete disagreement over the fact that I view the invitation as simply that, an invite, an option, a choice, whereas she sees it as an obligation.

Am I being a selfish *&*^? Should I suck it up? If I give in and go, what is a worthy sacrifice that my wife should make to make up for 90 minutes I won't get at Easter Road?

Ever found yourself in this situation? What did you do?

Weddings are a looong boring shite of a day. Hibs every time.

Sent from my E5823 using Tapatalk

Hibs game will be moved to Sunday 5th against Motherwell if they beat Runavik and end up playing Asteras Thu July 27 and Thu Aug 2nd.

Lucky you but I do agree missing Hibs for anything that isn’t life or death is tough.

Hibs game will be moved to Sunday 5th against Motherwell if they beat Runavik and end up playing Asteras Thu July 27 and Thu Aug 2nd.

Lucky you but I do agree missing Hibs for anything that isn’t life or death is tough.

Hadn't considered that and handy to know - here's hoping Hibs make it through but I'll still have to go to that bloody wedding.

Go to the wedding, yi cannae stand her up at the alter .

Say your going to the wedding then throw a sicky in the morning and can't go. She'll go and you'll be free to go to the football. After the game go home get changed go to the wedding saying that you feel a bit better and thought you should make an effort.

If it's crap you can have a wee relapse and leave before the end.

I've never tried this so don't know how successful it's likely to be ;-)

Thought about this already. Feels a bit like phoning in sick to your work when they've already turned you down for a holiday - but I appreciate the suggestion all the same.

Say your going to the wedding then throw a sicky in the morning and can't go. She'll go and you'll be free to go to the football. After the game go home get changed go to the wedding saying that you feel a bit better and thought you should make an effort.

If it's crap you can have a wee relapse and leave before the end.

I've never tried this so don't know how successful it's likely to be ;-)

Free bar at the wedding?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Have you ever ditched a wedding to go to a Hibs game? If so, how did you get away with it and did it have any lasting effect on your relationship?

The season opener is on 04/08/18 and my wife's pal is getting married the same day. It's the perfect storm that I warned my wife about. I.E. If Hibs are playing and someone's getting married, I'm going to see Hibs. I think she thought I was kidding but I'm no.

I categorically do not want to go to this weeding. I've no interest in going, barely know the couple that are getting married and know about two people there.

I've told my I don't want to go and she has given me multiple reasons why I should go but we are in complete disagreement over the fact that I view the invitation as simply that, an invite, an option, a choice, whereas she sees it as an obligation.

Am I being a selfish ****? Should I suck it up? If I give in and go, what is a worthy sacrifice that my wife should make to make up for 90 minutes I won't get at Easter Road?

Ever found yourself in this situation? What did you do?

Agreeing to spend the rest of her life with you?! :hug:

I'd probably agree to go to the wedding tbh, the game will probably get moved, but agree to go prior to that. It's only a game of football and keeping your missus happy is a pretty significant part of the deal of marriage. I've missed anniversaries to go to Hibs games, and whilst it's a funny story, I probably shouldn't have done it.

It'll probably end up being a crackin day..

Agreeing to spend the rest of her life with you?! :hug:

I'd probably agree to go to the wedding tbh, the game will probably get moved, but agree to go prior to that. It's only a game of football and keeping your missus happy is a pretty significant part of the deal of marriage. I've missed anniversaries to go to Hibs games, and whilst it's a funny story, I probably shouldn't have done it.

It'll probably end up being a crackin day..

Speaking as someone who many years ago was locked in their flat by their other half and had the front door keys hidden so that I couldnt go to the game one Saturday, can I let you know what I did?

Jumped out a first storey window and shouted 'See ya'!

fj - still married to that same girlfriend!

z, grow some baws mate ;o)

I ditched ma mums wedding tae watch us lose tae Stranraer in oor 1st home game of the 98/99 season, she wasnae amused hahaha

I ditched ma mums wedding tae watch us lose tae Stranraer in oor 1st home game of the 98/99 season, she wasnae amused hahaha
Neither she should be ya big radge :doh1::lauff:

I had a similar predicament. Told her I had long paid for the game and that I'd be going as we were doing really well at the time too. Wasn't happy with me for a week but soon forgave me :giggle. The same scenario where it was people I barely knew personally. Hibs every time.

Slightly different, but one of our crew had his 10th anniversary do on the day of the Partick Thistle opener last season. We all went, but left at HT [emoji41]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Someone going on honeymoon at the start of the football season? weirdo.

I had a similar predicament. Told her I had long paid for the game and that I'd be going as we were doing really well at the time too. Wasn't happy with me for a week but soon forgave me :giggle. The same scenario where it was people I barely knew personally. Hibs every time.

I like the cut of your jib. As it's looking like the game will be moved, I'll keep this in mind in case there's any 'fixture congestion' in future.

Ah.
Your mum and dad werenae married.

That's confirmed the opinion of a few on here.

:sm113:

Ah.
Your mum and dad werenae married.

That's confirmed the opinion of a few on here.

:sm113:

good job the opinion of a few on here matters not a fuckin jot to me then auld yin eh :sparkle-cool::sparkle-cool::sparkle-cool:

This thread has been viewed 2537 times.

Your donation helps pay for our dedicated server and software support renewals. We really do appreciate it!
Goal
£100.00
Earned
£28.75