Bofahibee

Flag Owner
Private Member
Registered
Lewis Flag Donator
Gray Boot Sponsor
Nov 15, 2012
South
Burned down again. Tragic - how could it happen again?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Dub

Hibernian, Hibernian Ra Ra Radge
Radge Donator
Private Member
Registered
Lewis Flag Donator
Monthly Radge
Nov 15, 2005
Mississippi in the middle of a dry spell
Burned down again. Tragic - how could it happen again?

Wierd one mate. I'd be tempted to consider that this [and the previous one] are the work of an arsonist. I've got absolutely no evidence to support that but it seems to convenient an option to ignore.

Purple & Green

Radge McRadge
Administrator
Flag Owner
Radge Donator
Player Sponsor
Jun 27, 2002
Gourock
www.hibeesbounce.com
Ironic timing so soon after the 150th anniversary of the birth of Charles Rennie Mackintosh

Bofahibee

Flag Owner
Private Member
Registered
Lewis Flag Donator
Gray Boot Sponsor
Nov 15, 2012
South
I wonder if it started in the abc? It’s lower down...

aggie

Justified Radge
Radge Donator
Private Member
Registered
Lewis Flag Donator
Monthly Radge
Dec 30, 2006
Montrose Terrace Massive
Really, really sad. Imagine you’d worked on the restoration.

aggie

Justified Radge
Radge Donator
Private Member
Registered
Lewis Flag Donator
Monthly Radge
Dec 30, 2006
Montrose Terrace Massive

Jamie

Radge Admin
Administrator
Flag Owner
Radge Donator
Private Member
Player Sponsor
Lewis Flag Donator
Monthly Radge
Ladies Player Sponsor
Gray Boot Sponsor
Jul 23, 2002
Leith.
www.hibeesbounce.com
Had a sprinkler system but wasnt finished. That should have been the first thing finished and working.

Terrible loss.

vasco de gama

Private Member
Registered
Dec 20, 2006
Southern California
I'm all for preservation of interesting buildings but surely when the cost of doing so is as high as this then the building has to go. There's no way we can plow a couple hundred million into rebuilding one place and not have the knock on result that basic care and maintenance on hundreds of other great buildings is neglected. With human life it is morally hard to make the call on preserving a few lives against the greater good but surely with buildings it's easier to be callus? Where's that new IBM debater to make the choice?

Jack

Flag Owner
Radge Donator
Private Member
Registered
Player Sponsor
Monthly Radge
Ladies Player Sponsor
Gray Boot Sponsor
Nov 11, 2007
A stool at the bar
I'm all for preservation of interesting buildings but surely when the cost of doing so is as high as this then the building has to go. There's no way we can plow a couple hundred million into rebuilding one place and not have the knock on result that basic care and maintenance on hundreds of other great buildings is neglected. With human life it is morally hard to make the call on preserving a few lives against the greater good but surely with buildings it's easier to be callus? Where's that new IBM debater to make the choice?
Good point about the use of the public purse to pay for these rebuilds. The public sector generally don't carry insurance.

Of course if it turns out to be the builders fault, or some other party with insurance, then they might have to stump up the cost, or do what so many other companies do these days when things get awkward, go into liquidation!

KamboHibs

Bounced Out!
Jun 18, 2018
Student flats and a new Starbucks.

If this were London they'd have burned the student flats with the students at the windows.