• Guest, The HibeesBounce invites you to enter our Monthly Draw...

Enter our Monthly Draw Here

GGTTH

• hibeesbounce

What Choons Yi Listening To?

I can think of numerous bands who produced good stuff , can’t say the clash are one of them . I like what I like . Opinions 🤷‍♂️ Suppose that’s what this thread is about 🤔
So Mike Oldfield 👍
The Clash 👎
Deary fukn me...what a world we live in...

Last edited:
So Mike Oldfield 👍
The Clash 👎
Deary fukn me...
Canny even mind what their hit was 🤣🤣

I can think of numerous bands who produced good stuff , can’t say the clash are one of them . I like what I like . Opinions 🤷‍♂️ Suppose that’s what this thread is about 🤔

So, should you stay or should you go Joe?

Canny even mind what their hit was 🤣🤣
Rock the Casbah probably. Though if you want proper Clash - debut - Rope - Calling - early singles have great b-sides.

Rock the Casbah probably. Though if you want proper Clash - debut - Rope - Calling - early singles have great b-sides.
It’s fine , I’ll stick to cockney rebel , Paul van dyke and abba , and mike of course QE2 👍

Speaking of multi - talented instrumentalists :-
To my ears that sounds slightly better than when The Shadows became shite and came out with Cavetina/Deer Hunter etc but it's in the same ball park.
Saying that you are entitled to and should listen to whatever floats your boat.
I liked the Clash a lot over the first four albums and assorted singles but the poster BS's assertion above that they are the only band that matters is silly as well.
The truth is there are mental amounts of great music, both old and new, for those who are not forever stuck in the music of their youth.

Hoi! Leave @joethehibby alone.
Tubular Bells is absolute class.

Still sounds great.
Think I prefer the original album mix though.

These are the songs from the first four episodes of Sherwood.

All songs by the Ian Campbell Folk Group....

The Apprentice Song

The Blackleg Miner

Drunken Bella Roy

Geordie Black

The Blackleg Miner

Richard Thompson does a good version of this

Never been a Stones fan cos I cannae stand Jagger. Shallow of me but cannae help it. Having said that they've turned out some good stuff. Here's my favourite cover of gimme shelter.

I prefer mick jones when he was in big audio dynamite. Bottom line and medicine show brilliant songs. Best clash white man ihp imho.

Blasphemy...
Wasn't keen on The Gift but In The City, All Mod Cons and Setting Sons are fabulous. Modern World and Sound Effects ok.
100% agree. First two my faves.

I prefer mick jones when he was in big audio dynamite. Bottom line and medicine show brilliant songs. Best clash white man ihp imho.
Mick Jones was key in the Clash

Just listened to the magnificent Big Country by band of the same name. Interesting trivia is none of the most famous lineup were Scottish, by birth. The tragic Adamson was a Manc and, much like myself, other guitarist Bruce Watson was born in Canada. Other 2 born down south.
Was at their very first scottish gig at madisons above the playhouse. Hadnt heard any of their stuff but straight away chance and porrohman stuck out. Whenever i need motivation i listen to the crossing. Very much underrated band.

Never been a Stones fan cos I cannae stand Jagger. Shallow of me but cannae help it. Having said that they've turned out some good stuff. Here's my favourite cover of gimme shelter.

Yu may like the definitive cover by Merry Clayton

Yu may like the definitive cover by Merry Clayton
Powerful stuff....thanks 👍🏻

Powerful stuff....thanks 👍🏻
Your welcome.
It was a nice bit of footage with it as well.

Love female singers

And in a very different vein

Been a while

Love female singers

Deary me, I know they're trendy but what utter pish - Elastica without the talent

Now get Eddie and the Hotrods up

Deary me, I know they're trendy but what utter pish - Elastica without the talent
Chaise Longue? Burst sofa more like!

OK.

My favourite Scottish band is SAHB and this is one of my favourite tracks.

Great tune and great lyrics.

[nomedia="[MEDIA=youtube]1s6WMCSGUlQ[/MEDIA]"]YouTube- Sensational Alex Harvey Band-There's no lights....[/nomedia]
Sorry for the late reply lol. I really like SAHB. I can't think of a track of theirs I don't like to be honest.

Nowhere near as good as ACDC buy by fk is she easy on the eye.

And another

That's not true.
Their album is good.
Are you sure your not falling into the "your era" music trap that most people do?
P.S. Elastica pretty much burned out after one album. Their 2nd album didn't appear for 5 years.

Love female singers

Sounds very Nanci Griffith

Was ACDC a leader or follower with formulaic soft rock music in a camp stylie? Gotta admit I never felt the urgr to play air guitar or let my hair descend into a greasy mullet. ;))

Any yous watched GG Allin and the Murder Junkies last show?

GG od'd and popped his clogs no long after this show.

It's the last song of the show.

It's er em oh just watch it....

Bite It You Scum

Last edited:
Now get Eddie and the Hotrods up
Still have my "Live at the Marquee" 7 inch vinyl E.P.

After watching them at Ingliston recently, I thought I would stick on Madness one step beyond album.

This thread has been viewed 281712 times.

Your donation helps pay for our dedicated server and software support renewals. We really do appreciate it!
Goal
£100.00
Earned
£47.50