Suicide (1 Viewer)

moathibby

Private Member
Bounce Radge
Reaction score
Dont worry I'm not about to ! The thing is it's becoming ever more prevalent today,and is it as Jock3 says purely down to this shitty society?Or is there something else?and if so what can be done?I know that I have contemplated it twice in my life once as a lonely teenager and the other time when I was in the Royal Ed. with psychosis,but something stopped me I can't explain what, in the nick of time,at the end of the day I want to live.So I know it's a difficult subject, but lets talk about it.

Reactions: WJC1848
REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS

broonieboy

On holiday Radge
Private Member
Bounce Radge
Reaction score
A lad a few years ahead of me at the school took his own life and I remember how it affected me. I knew him reasonably well, but I very much remember being 15 and quite upset that no one recognised or saw any signs.

One thing I’ve tried to be better at since my kids were born was speaking about how I’m feeling to someone as I feel more and more pressure through work and general family life. Bottling it up and not asking for help is very difficult, but essential. It may not solve your issues, but sharing them can alleviate that pressure cooker build up that can severely affect your mental health.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS

Braehead Cabbage

Baldy radge
Radge Donator
Private Member
Bounce Radge
Monthly Radge
Part of Bounce
Reaction score
A lad a few years ahead of me at the school took his own life and I remember how it affected me. I knew him reasonably well, but I very much remember being 15 and quite upset that no one recognised or saw any signs.

One thing I’ve tried to be better at since my kids were born was speaking about how I’m feeling to someone as I feel more and more pressure through work and general family life. Bottling it up and not asking for help is very difficult, but essential. It may not solve your issues, but sharing them can alleviate that pressure cooker build up that can severely affect your mental health.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Excellent post,silence is the enemy of good mental.

Depression is a ****.
At my worst when you can't switch your mind off the idea of ending it sounds very tempting,to never feel that pain again.For me it was never really a serious thought,more a passing notion,but can see why people would think that way.
As @brooniesays talk to people,see a doctor.There is no magic cure,but don't let it fester.
Even if it's just a post on here or a pm it'll start the ball rolling and remember even at your lowest at least you're no a gunt

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS

moathibby

Private Member
Bounce Radge
Reaction score
I atteneded the walled garden in the lanark road,run by Samh after my time in the royal edinburgh.They were a great help in my recovery back to 'normallity' whatever that might be.I would recommend anyone with mental health problems gets in touch with them.

Reactions: WJC1848
REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS

tricky

Private Member
Bounce Radge
Monthly Radge
Reaction score
Also for anyone reading who is lonely, isolated, stuck for something to do during the day etc you are welcome at Street Soccer Scotland, plenty free activities for adults in Edinburgh every week. Starting walking football group in Leith soon too. Just ask if more info needed.

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS

Jack

Flag Owner
Radge Donator
Private Member
Bounce Radge
Player Sponsor
Monthly Radge
Ladies Player Sponsor
Gray Boot Sponsor
Reaction score
Also for anyone reading who is lonely, isolated, stuck for something to do during the day etc you are welcome at Street Soccer Scotland, plenty free activities for adults in Edinburgh every week. Starting walking football group in Leith soon too. Just ask if more info needed.
I would like to hear about the walking football when it happens. Thanks.

Reactions: moathibby
REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS

Chester Perry

Private Member
Bounce Radge
Reaction score
“Suicide is another thing that's so frowned upon in this society, but honestly, life isn't for everybody. It really isn't. It's sad when kids kill themselves 'cause they didn't really give it a chance, but life is like a movie: if you've sat through more than half of it and it sucked every second so far, it probably isn't gonna get great right at the very end for you and make it all worthwhile. No one should blame you for walking out early.”

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS

roorky

Bounce Radge
Reaction score
Not been on the bounce in ages. No longer go to games as I bump into the person who abused me as a child, taking me to games was one of his ways of grooming me. Came on for a look and seen this thread.
No suicidal feelings just now but they come and go. Reported my abuser to the police last year and nothing has come of it. So its now a merry go round of feelings, somedays im fine and positive, somedays i plan on how to seriously hurt the paedo ****, somedays i hate the police and the sytem for failing me, and somedays im working out how to hurt myself, somedays i want to go to ER with a hammer and chisel and chip the ***** stone right out of there.

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS

Braehead Cabbage

Baldy radge
Radge Donator
Private Member
Bounce Radge
Monthly Radge
Part of Bounce
Reaction score
Not been on the bounce in ages. No longer go to games as I bump into the person who abused me as a child, taking me to games was one of his ways of grooming me. Came on for a look and seen this thread.
No suicidal feelings just now but they come and go. Reported my abuser to the police last year and nothing has come of it. So its now a merry go round of feelings, somedays im fine and positive, somedays i plan on how to seriously hurt the paedo , somedays i hate the police and the sytem for failing me, and somedays im working out how to hurt myself, somedays i want to go to ER with a hammer and chisel and chip the * stone right out of there.
If make an appointment with your doctor, you could do with some proper help

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS

roorky

Bounce Radge
Reaction score
If make an appointment with your doctor, you could do with some proper help
Not being cheeky mate but the doctor just gets 10 minutes to see me and wants to give me more medication, thats if I can get an appointment. I was stood in front of the reception in tears last year and got told I had to phone for an appointment. One of the Docs was decent enough and got me assigned to a CPN, but ive only ever spoke to the CPN once over the phone and that was about 6 months ago.
Just finished another course of counselling but that was through someone else and not the doctor.

Ive tried a few different avenues to get help, normally get an initial chat and told its not their speciality. Apparantly the nearest place to Edinburgh that deals directly with male sexual abuse is in Kirkaldy.

The best person I have in my support network is my herbalist, and actually starting a course to learn about herbal medicine with her this week. Been doing a lot of walking with the wee dug I got last year, eating healthy also keeps the mood from dropping.

Despite all this talk of suicide awareness for men it is actually really hard to find the right people to help you. Most of the peolle who repost suicide awareness for men messages on social media do not have a clue.

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS

Purple & Green

Radge McRadge
Administrator
Flag Owner
Radge Donator
Player Sponsor
Reaction score
Website
www.hibeesbounce.com
Quite a bit on radio 4 news last week about depression and medication and the lack of time for doctors to deal with.

From what I understand most people who are suicidal don’t actually want to end their life, just the life that they are living if that makes sense. I’ve seen the Devastation of suicide and the lack of real support and access to services.

I was thinking about this the other day and I can’t decide if our lives are more stressful than a generation ago or if there is better understanding. Maybe we just used to be kept sweet with our legal drugs.

Reactions: roorky
REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS

Central_Hibee

Private Member
Bounce Radge
Player Sponsor
Monthly Radge
Reaction score
Apparently, although people will think about it a lot and be depressed etc, there is only a very small window where someone will go ahead and actually commit the act of suicide. If you can speak to them within that time period and break their cycle of thoughts, they won't go through with it and can be the start of recovery.

The Samaratins and Network Rail are spending a lot of time on training staff and raising awareness to identify potential victims and the power of "are you ok?" and it seems to be working. There's a lot on YouTube about it so thought it may be of interest, as the general principle will apply to all forms, not just on the railway. If you can get to that person in time you can save their life, even if it's a complete stranger.

Last edited:
REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS

moathibby

Private Member
Bounce Radge
Reaction score
Quite a bit on radio 4 news last week about depression and medication and the lack of time for doctors to deal with.

From what I understand most people who are suicidal don’t actually want to end their life, just the life that they are living if that makes sense. I’ve seen the Devastation of suicide and the lack of real support and access to services.

I was thinking about this the other day and I can’t decide if our lives are more stressful than a generation ago or if there is better understanding. Maybe we just used to be kept sweet with our legal drugs.
Or perhaps with social media we are more aware it is going on?

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS

jock3

Radge Donator
Bounce Radge
Part of Bounce
Reaction score
Mental health is a huge problem in society and this government are making a cock-up of Brexit proportions. Criminally. they seek to divide and isolate from society those with mental hdealth conditions.

Reactions: roorky
REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Harp and Castle Visit Dumbreck Decorators
Visit robertsons garage Visit Frutin Travel
HELP US BY CLICKING THE ADS