• Guest, The HibeesBounce invites you to enter our Monthly Draw...

Enter our Monthly Draw Here

GGTTH

• hibeesbounce

Oli Shaw

Doidge is scoring at least. More than flo. They okay 2 completely different roles though. When doidge is there he attracts the big huddy defenders to him which creates space for flo and saves us punting high balls at flo

I thought Kamberi was very good on the left - he was far more free and attacking there on Sunday than when Hecky played him wide last season.

I wouldn’t mind us going 433 if Flo is gong to play like that most games, and we all know what Boyle can do on the right. Horgan is a good option to replace either of them. But we need an alternative to Doidge, we have to be able to change games when it is not working.

Signing for Ross Co

Signing for Ross Co

he might do very well there. I think a run of starts could see him develop very quickly.

I would say he was criminally under used by Phb and didn’t start a game. It could be that he’s peaked, and hibs managers know more than me.

all the best oli

Signing for Ross Co

On a permanent deal for six-figures apparently.

Surprising! I'd rather he'd have gone on loan in case he comes good but best of luck to him it wasn't working for him here.

A good move for both parties I’d say. After nearly 3 years he was probably getting even less game time then when he made his breakthrough.

That leaves us very very short if anything untoward happens to Flo or Doige.

Can see this coming back to bite us....

The guy undoubtably has talent.

On a permanent deal for six-figures apparently.

Surprising! I'd rather he'd have gone on loan in case he comes good but best of luck to him it wasn't working for him here.

2 years wages at £1k a week is six figures?

I could be of course that JR has plans for 4-2-3-1 and wants to bring in a striker more suited to playing the 1 up front.

Good luck Oli, Shame things never worked out for you here.

I thought Kamberi was very good on the left - he was far more free and attacking there on Sunday than when Hecky played him wide last season.

I wouldn’t mind us going 433 if Flo is gong to play like that most games, and we all know what Boyle can do on the right. Horgan is a good option to replace either of them. But we need an alternative to Doidge, we have to be able to change games when it is not working.

Jury still out on Horgan as I don’t think we have had anything back in return for what we paid for him.

I liked Shaw.I just thought that he was never given the chance to build his confidence.Good luck to him for his future

Jury still out on Horgan as I don’t think we have had anything back in return for what we paid for him.
I think a win at Tynie just about covers that.

As i've said before IMO Oli Shaw was rarely given a proper run of starts in the first team. When he was given a run of games when Lennon was here he scored goals. IMO he will be a good signing for Ross County if this story is true.

Good luck to the guy. Had clearly stagnated here, not enough 90 minute opportunities to develop more. A cheeky wee winner tonight please Oli.
six figure fee is a surprise though...

Six figures doesnt seem much for one of the best young players in Europe...

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

Leeann - how can you let our global talent go for a bag of sand? :gigglle:

Good luck Ollie but no v us!

Edit: Ach Greensleeves beat me to it by milliseconds :)

I think he is raw but he has potential. I suspect this will come back to haunt us hugely. The lad has been mismanaged at our club and his club as he's a Hibby. Played consistently he would score much more than Doidge.

As i've said before IMO Oli Shaw was rarely given a proper run of starts in the first team. When he was given a run of games when Lennon was here he scored goals. IMO he will be a good signing for Ross County if this story is true.

The key word there is “given” - it could be argued he never done enough to EARN a proper run of games. 3 successive managers haven’t really fancied him, and we’ve gone out and signed a number of strikers since his promotion to the first team.

It will be interesting to see how he does at County, but at Hibs he’s never threatened to anything more than a back up.

The key word there is “given” - it could be argued he never done enough to EARN a proper run of games. 3 successive managers haven’t really fancied him, and we’ve gone out and signed a number of strikers since his promotion to the first team.

It will be interesting to see how he does at County, but at Hibs he’s never threatened to anything more than a back up.

Excellent point.

Can't put all the blame on one manager when 3 have no fancied him.

I think he is raw but he has potential. I suspect this will come back to haunt us hugely. The lad has been mismanaged at our club and his club as he's a Hibby. Played consistently he would score much more than Doidge.

Doidge brings more than goals.

Screenshot_20200122-122428_WhatsApp.jpg

Agree with you mate 100%

I'm very wary about modernfitba stats - their methodology is often flawed, sometimes completely.

As regards Doidge - I'm not sure I understand the relevance or the construction of the percentage, but this is what I do know:

In the first 10 league games he scored 0 goals, and created 1 goal (an assist)

In the next 5 league games from the St Johnstone game, he scored 7 goals, and no assists.

In the most recent 5 league games he's scored 0 goals, and created 0 assists.

What is also interesting is that in the 5 games he scored in, he took 18 shots which is a hefty proportion of his 30 shots all season. In the last 5 games, he's had 3 games with no shots at all, and 2 shots in total.

I think the numbers are reflecting a high shots on target percentage for Doidge - 60% of 30 (18 of 30)
Others for reference - Mallan 15 of 34, Allan 9 of 19, Kamberi 12 of 27, Horgan 5 of 12

Winding back though - he's scored 7 of our 28 league goals this season - so - essentially I think you can take those numbers quoted with a pinch of salt.

Edit: Martin Boyle has scored 5, and created 1 assist in 6 starts - really, who is "most involved in their scoring chances"

I think a win at Tynie just about covers that.

Doesn’t do enough for me and the money we paid we deserve better.

Should have replaced Doidge the other night in the second half.

This will comw back to haunt us, i thin we should have loaned him out and guven him one last chance, we must have a striker lined up though.

This thread has been viewed 3667 times.

Your donation helps pay for our dedicated server and software support renewals. We really do appreciate it!
Goal
£100.00
Earned
£100.75
Back