Just Back and the more things change the more things stay the same

Granted it wasn't great and it seems a good few of our players are currently playing well below par. Actually that was one of these games where the whole team were poor, (Malky 😡) but we saw, albeit briefly, a different Hibs. As fitness improves and the new coaching sinks in things will improve.
In Marink I trust 😉
 
The group of players are absolutely garbage. It’s a fact. The recruitment has been a shambles.

Maybe soon there will be more respect towards Sir David Gray, other than the disgraceful comments of the last year or so.

No manager will get a tune out of this lot of rubbish.
 
Reedijk saying the players today looked nothing like what he'd seen in training. Aye yer no kidding mate. A great bunch of lads, terrified of a fitba but and they'll get you the sack if you're not careful. Hopefully today has shown him who can be trusted and who can't.
 
I wonder what the manager saw in La Manga that convinced him that Iredale, Suto and Klidje were all worthy of a starting place when better players were left sitting on the bench
I've no doubt they were committed in La Manga but technically and physically nowhere near what we need.
 
I thought Klidge showed well for the first quarter, after that the whole team just faded. Matondo his first 5 mins looked good then just faded, it's a team game and so many of our team are not at the races. Midfield when Mulligan is so far off form does not exist as an attacking formation. Malky gtf
 
I don't get it.Before the game you can watch the players training.Sometimes they stand in a circle and it's like 'piggie in the middle'with the players passing in close proximety.Then when it comes to an actual game it all falls to pieces.Mulligan,Wright and Iredale the main culprits.I hate to say it but we are playing like a relegation bound side.
 
I don't get it.Before the game you can watch the players training.Sometimes they stand in a circle and it's like 'piggie in the middle'with the players passing in close proximety.Then when it comes to an actual game it all falls to pieces.Mulligan,Wright and Iredale the main culprits.I hate to say it but we are playing like a relegation bound side.
A team that cant defend and cant score are only heading one way. Its going to be a case of damage limitation until January then hope that we can bring in players who can dramatically improve us....at the moment we need this semi final like a hole in the head
 
A team that cant defend and cant score are only heading one way. Its going to be a case of damage limitation until January then hope that we can bring in players who can dramatically improve us....at the moment we need this semi final like a hole in the head
Can we trust them that wid bring the right players in though? The state we're in now suggests we cannae.
 
Just can't see where goals are going to come from, all these strikers and none really good enough from open play. Mulligans been off it since coming back from his injury and we've got no real backup to replace him. We have zero leaders and far to many below average players. Theres no easy fix for the new boss here, hes been dealt a shit card.
 
Last edited:
We have no footballers in the squad. A mixture of hoofball merchants and defenders that are past it and cannae defend. Not one player out there today had any sort of footballing brain. That's Malkys fault and should be punted. Garvin Stewart another piss take merchant.
 
It's damage limitation this season in my opinion.
The summer recruitment was poor and our financial situation has meant that we were reduced to mainly bringing in young laddies from the lower leagues
in England. Add to that our seemingly never ending injury problems.

The manager situation should have been dealt with at the end of last season if they wanted to replace Gray, not three months into the new season.
We now have a young manager in who has inherited an inadequate squad of players that got the last manager the sack, and he has to try to turn things around quickly.
He has been landed with a squad of players who were put together for another manager, not him.
Somehow he has to forge something resembling a robust team on the park and get points on the board.

I think we face a long troubling season ahead to be honest, I really hope i'm wrong but that's how it looks to me.
The January window, our annual sanctuary, will not change anything. The money won't be there to make wholesale changes, and the quality of players we need to
improve us the way want will not be available. Summer was the time for all that.

Reedijk has to just do enough to get us enough points to keep us away from any threat of relegation, then maybe push for top six.
I know that sounds depressing, but i'm afraid I can't see anything else happening this season.
Next summer, assuming we are still in this league, he will have the chance to put together his own team and a full pre-season to prepare them, having seen the reality of what top flight football in Scotland entails.
 
Have to admit I expected more from us.

I think he got it wrong with Elding and Klidje as the width. I think Wright is a bit more mobile than both and should be wide running channels.

I think I can see the idea, but I'm not convinced the rest of the players are up to it.
There needs to be someone to bounce 1-2s off of. There needs to be someone that can just get the ball forward quickly.

Matondo needs to get to first team ready, he needs to be able to get motoring.
We need a real forward, a ball playing midfielder and for Cadden, McGrath and Mayor all to be fit.
Rocky I can't wait til he's back, but he always, always takes 4 or 5 games to get up to match ready and I'm not convinced anyone has the patience for that either.

Chaiwa and Mulligan aren't a midfield pair that will ever work. Chaiwa can't pass worth a fuck and Mulligan forgets what to do once he breaks into the opponents third.

I'd take money for both of them in January if it meant bringing in a ball player and a protect the defenders at all costs type of midfielder. And those can't be laddies, they have to be seasoned.

The next issue is Reedijk doesn't have any experience in building a team and won't be able to fight for his needs against Malky.


Dundee United showed us how to play our own game imo. If they had a goalscorer on the park we'd have been in real trouble today. Iredale isn't mobile enough to play left back and Passlack is too offense minded to be doing what he was doing. Elding should never be the player trying to cover him.

Today's a harsh lesson for Reedijk. Hope he's able to get something out of this bunch in the meantime. Gonna be a tough gig.
 
Reedijk saying the players today looked nothing like what he'd seen in training. Aye yer no kidding mate. A great bunch of lads, terrified of a fitba but and they'll get you the sack if you're not careful. Hopefully today has shown him who can be trusted and who can't.
Perhaps they can train but can’t transfer into game time on matchday.
 
Perhaps they can train but can’t transfer into game time on matchday.

Cowards.

We're back where we were since long before Dave got the job.
A team with a contagious lack of confidence. I don't believe they're all poor players, but none of them look like they believe it. (Whether they work together or not is another discussion)
Gonna take more than the training ground to get a tune out of them. Take some man management skills too.
 
Reedijk saying the players today looked nothing like what he'd seen in training. Aye yer no kidding mate. A great bunch of lads, terrified of a fitba but and they'll get you the sack if you're not careful. Hopefully today has shown him who can be trusted and who can't.
He seemed to forget the train against each other… not against better teams
 
Have to admit I expected more from us.

I think he got it wrong with Elding and Klidje as the width. I think Wright is a bit more mobile than both and should be wide running channels.

I think I can see the idea, but I'm not convinced the rest of the players are up to it.
There needs to be someone to bounce 1-2s off of. There needs to be someone that can just get the ball forward quickly.

Matondo needs to get to first team ready, he needs to be able to get motoring.
We need a real forward, a ball playing midfielder and for Cadden, McGrath and Mayor all to be fit.
Rocky I can't wait til he's back, but he always, always takes 4 or 5 games to get up to match ready and I'm not convinced anyone has the patience for that either.

Chaiwa and Mulligan aren't a midfield pair that will ever work. Chaiwa can't pass worth a fuck and Mulligan forgets what to do once he breaks into the opponents third.

I'd take money for both of them in January if it meant bringing in a ball player and a protect the defenders at all costs type of midfielder. And those can't be laddies, they have to be seasoned.

The next issue is Reedijk doesn't have any experience in building a team and won't be able to fight for his needs against Malky.


Dundee United showed us how to play our own game imo. If they had a goalscorer on the park we'd have been in real trouble today. Iredale isn't mobile enough to play left back and Passlack is too offense minded to be doing what he was doing. Elding should never be the player trying to cover him.

Today's a harsh lesson for Reedijk. Hope he's able to get something out of this bunch in the meantime. Gonna be a tough gig.
We played a narrow three, three teams as coaches call it .

Wright has zero pace and is weak as piss
 
I expected little - ultimately guys like Klidje, Suto, Lowe, Kerr, Chaiwa and Wright are best oaky and being are absolutely fucking realistic shite… the new manager had inherited a dugshit squad, which the previously manager (unsurprisingly) couldn’t get a tune out of.
 
I expected little - ultimately guys like Klidje, Suto, Lowe, Kerr, Chaiwa and Wright are best oaky and being are absolutely fucking realistic shite… the new manager had inherited a dugshit squad, which the previously manager (unsurprisingly) couldn’t get a tune out of.
Andrew Lloyd webber couldn't get a tune out that squad....absolute dug shite heading for another 4-0 derby loss
 
Quite a trek home, so won’t be up until later tonight.

Nothing fundamentally better than before though, which was my fear pre game.
It’s his first game - I am
Jumping tomno
Conclusions good
Or bad until
He has had 4-6 games under his belt . He has inherited what he inherited and had a couple of weeks
In Spain .
 
I wonder what the manager saw in La Manga that convinced him that Iredale, Suto and Klidje were all worthy of a starting place when better players were left sitting on the bench

I thought Klidje was one of the few who were even half decent.