• Guest, The HibeesBounce invites you to enter our Monthly Draw...

Enter our Monthly Draw Here

GGTTH

• hibeesbounce

Hibs in Durban

Jack

Private Member
Reaction score
Lone representation here I think! No one so far showing the colours but me!

Anyone here, been here, who might know of a Hibs friendly bar? Just been here a couple of days but nowhere looks friendly for a quiet beer to be honest - there's prison style bars round the bars - like Glasgow decades ago. I'm going to feel safer at night on the safari among the lions and hippos!

The hotel we're in is a throwback to colonial times with a bit of Fawlty Towers thrown in! It's a small mix of nationalities, we're the only Europeans and its mostly South African families.

We were drinking in what's most easily described as a walled garden.

I've gone inside for drinks.

When I get back Mrs Jack is blethering to 2 women and their 2 kids.

One of the kids came storming into the garden and was rocked on his heels at seeing Mrs Jack sitting there as he blurted out "Mummy theres a white lady here!" So much was the kids astonishment they asked to have their picture taken with her.

The reaction of people as we walk along the equivalent of Great Junction Street is unnerving to say the least!

Some places have signs up saying no firearms allowed.

@Jack it begs the question, whit the fuck are you thinking about going somewhere like that for a holiday? Hardly relaxing by the sounds of it

To be fair @Beagle It's an experience more than a holiday. Durban is the starting port of our cruise back to Europe.

It's not all bad, the beach walk is lovely.

The hotel has it's good as well as it's bad. Steeped in history the feckin bar shuts at 10 pm. I can vaguely remember that. Good is the prices - £4.55 for a round of 2 double gin and tonics, not many folk will remember that!

10pm isn't a hardship tonight, up at 6 in the morning for 3 day safari!

To be fair @Beagle It's an experience more than a holiday. Durban is the starting port of our cruise back to Europe.

The hotel has it's good as well as it's bad. Steeped in history the feckin bar shuts at 10 pm. I can vaguely remember that. Good is the prices - £4.55 for a round of 2 double gin and tonics, not many folk will remember that!

It sounds like one if those places where you don't venture out of your hotel complex that's secured by machine gun toting guards. I'll stick tae central Europe. Tuscany again this year

BIG G

This thread has been viewed 783 times.

Your donation helps pay for our dedicated server and software support renewals. We really do appreciate it!
Goal
£100.00
Earned
£47.50
Back