• Guest, The HibeesBounce invites you to enter our Monthly Draw...

Enter our Monthly Draw Here

GGTTH

• hibeesbounce

Doig

GORDONSMITH7

Admin
Private Member
Reaction score

BIG G

I suppose we have to get used to seeing our best young players going. I was hoping he would stick around for a few years.

Nothing less than £2m. Boys been an absolute revelation this season.....according to press reports the last 24hrs. Still, he’s young and got potential.

Next.

Nothing less than £2m. Boys been an absolute revelation this season.....according to press reports the last 24hrs. Still, he’s young and got potential.

Next.
much did the Hearts full back go to Italy for ??

Good point. We should look for double that as Doig didn’t get a severe roasting off Burke and get subbed at HT like that wee scrote.

Doig, like Hanlon, is the son of an ex Liberton Cropley player.

A pizza base and a bottle of Olive Oil.

A pizza base and a bottle of Olive Oil.

Think you are being too generous mate with the Olive oil ?

Understudy to Kieran Tierney is the latest one.

I hope we get another year of him, I want to see him bombing around in front of me.

Understudy to Kieran Tierney is the latest one.

I hope we get another year of him, I want to see him bombing around in front of me.
Youngsters get their head turned to easily these days although I don’t entirely blame them, you get offered huge money you ain’t going to pass it by but from a footballing perspective, another year with us would surely be better than getting a move to a ‘bigger’ club and risk getting a splinter in his erse from all the bench sitting. We have seen it numerous times over the years

Seems a level headed lad from a level headed family

I'll be very surprised if Doig leaves Hibs this summer.

An 18 year old laddie who has just completed his first season in the Hibs first team. He is a very good prospect, definitely talented, but still quite raw and IMO is nowhere near ready for a move to English football at this early stage in his career.

I am also a bit dubious about the reported interest in him from down south. Sounds like paper talk to me. let's see if any of it actually materialises.

Hibs have a big game coming, and the ‘independent’ sports journos spew stories about Hibs players leaving/unhappy/hunted/harassing hairdressers ……

How queer.

If we had the opportunity to sell him but loan him back for a season i think we'd take that.

I wouldn't mind us selling. Probably around the 3 million bracket and reinvesting that in to the squad with Europe coming up would be a boost. Mackie also looks pretty handy too if fit.

A very good player but still has alot to learn. If he goes to Arsenal he risks get punting out on loan or rotting on the bench. I just hope he doesn't ruin what could be a very bright career. I think he needs at least another 2 years of regular first team football.

A very good player but still has alot to learn. If he goes to Arsenal he risks get punting out on loan or rotting on the bench. I just hope he doesn't ruin what could be a very bright career. I think he needs at least another 2 years of regular first team football.
Aye it’s always tempting chasing the money but a lot of youths make the big move and see their careers stall sitting on the bench. He would do better to keep learning and stay at hibs for another season or two

He would definitely go out on loan. They would want it to be in a higher quality league than the SPFL I'd imagine.

First legitimate approach.

Should be told to bolt until after the weekend.
Stoke and Sunderland also.

£4million is more than I imagined we'd get for him tbh. Let the bidding war begin.

I'd be asking Brighton if they want some kind of deal.

£4million is more than I imagined we'd get for him tbh. Let the bidding war begin.

I can see young Scottish players being a hot ticket this summer.

Brexit innit.

I can see young Scottish players being a hot ticket this summer.

Brexit innit.

I think so too, I think there will be a sizable raid on our league.

Yup, I’d have preferred him to stay another season but so be it. Let’s get as much as possible for him

I can’t think of a worse place to be than Watford. He should wait until a decent club comes in for him. I know it must be tempting for both parties to take the cash, but he really should stay another season. It’s huge moving away from family at such a young age.
Especially if your living in fckin Watford. 😳

I can’t think of a worse place to be than Watford. He should wait until a decent club comes in for him. I know it must be tempting for both parties to take the cash, but he really should stay another season. It’s huge moving away from family at such a young age.
Especially if your living in fckin Watford. 😳
Just before lockdown, I went to London on the train for a day. Depressing enough passing the place through the station never mind living there

I'd bite there hand off for 4 million!

I'd bite there hand off for 4 million!

Likewise.
Makes me wonder what he could actually go for.

I would've been quite happy at £2.5M
£4M is a great starting point.

Likewise.
Makes me wonder what he could actually go for.

I would've been quite happy at £2.5M
£4M is a great starting point.
Aye if this is true and that’s the least we get for him, it would be a great deal. Am I right in saying that Scott Brown for £4.4 million is our transfer record? This could be knocking on to beat that if these reports are true

Are Hearts due a development fee.... :lauff:

I actually don't think so.
Sure it's between your 18th and 21st birthdays that make you eligible.

We can send them a huge Fuck You

When is the St Johnstone players moving on

When is the St Johnstone players moving on

Im confused

I just meant we should be doing no business or entertaining talks to one of our players the week leading up to a cup final.

Im confused

I just meant we should be doing no business or entertaining talks to one of our players the week leading up to a cup final.

The press have some our players leaving on cup final week, when are they going to mention the St Johnstone ones.

The press have some our players leaving on cup final week, when are they going to mention the St Johnstone ones.

Gotcha! Was stuck for a moment there.

The only one really worth the mention was Kerr, and he himself came out and put that to bed before this week even started.

It is annoying though, same shit every big game

I'm sure £4m will include a load of add ons. It's a good start though.

I'm sure £4m will include a load of add ons. It's a good start though.

Seemingly 2.5 upfront with add on’s. If it was to happen I would prefer 4 million upfront and add ons with a 25% sell on clause.

Seemingly 2.5 upfront with add on’s. If it was to happen I would prefer 4 million upfront and add ons with a 25% sell on clause.
I would like 40 million upfront with add ons, and 90% sell on ....
But that ain't gonna happen either.
2.5 million upfront for a 19 year old who has played 32 games is pretty good money.

This thread has been viewed 20201 times.

Your donation helps pay for our dedicated server and software support renewals. We really do appreciate it!
Goal
£100.00
Earned
£100.75
Back