• Guest, The HibeesBounce invites you to enter our Monthly Draw...

Enter our Monthly Draw Here

GGTTH

• hibeesbounce

Gola

moathibby

Private Member
Reaction score
I'm considering of going on a mission to try and revive the fortunes of Gola and in particular the Gola Harrier, which you can get in a fetching Green and White,I want to take on the predominance of the Black and White Vans which are swamping the market at the moment.Does anyone else feel like joining me in this quest?

I'm considering of going on a mission to try and revive the fortunes of Gola and in particular the Gola Harrier, which you can get in a fetching Green and White,I want to take on the predominance of the Black and White Vans which are swamping the market at the moment.Does anyone else feel like joining me in this quest?

Not really! Gola was seen as one step up from 'Woolies' own brand.

Puma and Adidas only.

Back then.......

I think you’d have more joy with Dunlop green flash

Mt first and only ever pair of football boots were gola. First time I used them I took them to school to play in a friendly game that was really just whoever wanted to play. Left one boot in the changing room, never saw it again....career ending disaster :roll:

Mt first and only ever pair of football boots were gola. First time I used them I took them to school to play in a friendly game that was really just whoever wanted to play. Left one boot in the changing room, never saw it again....career ending disaster :roll:

Franco Lentini says "thanks".

:laff:

Golas gave you sore feet. As pointed out, they were of the same quality as Winfield Two Stripes.

Continentals were , I think the first boots I ever owned, given tae me by a mate who’s ma and da could afford them. Dinnae get me started on ma deid rockin horse

Continentals were , I think the first boots I ever owned, given tae me by a mate who’s ma and da could afford them. Dinnae get me started on ma deid rockin horse

Glad you seem to be over the Action Man Deserter boxed edition Bill.

Thanks....I was ...until now:tuttut:

At my school in the mid-80’s you may have got ripped for wearing Gola’s. Not as bad as Dunlop’s or PanAms mind you. Hi-Tecs were probably right on the borderline of social respectability IIRC

I think my first boots were those George Best black and white ones. They didn’t fit properly and I got sent off once when my boot came off and his the oppo’s goalie square in the face. Blood and snotters...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I think my first boots were those George Best black and white ones. They didn’t fit properly and I got sent off once when my boot came off and his the oppo’s goalie square in the face. Blood and snotters...

The Bestie black and purple version were the mutts nuts.

The Bestie black and purple version were the mutts nuts.
https://thumbs.worthpoint.com/zoom/images1/360/0312/30/george-best-stylo-matchmakers-boots_360_41ddcfe07b25080ba11d849d82ee2ece.jpg

Agreed but if you were like me you couldn’t lace them up properly.

(Admittedly I think mine were probably the Woolworths version).

Italian or French edition?

I've had the dark green and white ones for a while and think they're great and very comfy

Last edited:
Hi-tec, Dunlop, gola - Britain didn’t do trainers very well. Reebok had success in the 90s but their shoes were pretty honking. Any others?

British Knights? Hahaha

I've got a pair in the cupboard. I'll dig them oot.

Very stashy by the way but IIRC very uncomfortable.

Being a fashion guru is bane sometimes...Ho hum....

Last edited:
Here ya go Moat Moat...
d667c8b833e695778797ff84f775a7bd.jpg
3a6ccc50001b62a0776dae54ad7762f8.jpg

Sent from my E5823 using Tapatalk

Last edited:
Old skool
540622610d8f9910dce7c0e9577b0b7f.jpg

Last edited:
Hi-tec, Dunlop, gola - Britain didn’t do trainers very well. Reebok had success in the 90s but their shoes were pretty honking. Any others?

British Knights? Hahaha

Walsh? Has a bit of a revival recently, actually not bad.

New Balance?

Walsh? Has a bit of a revival recently, actually not bad.

New Balance?

are new balance not American

You get a lovely embroidered union flag on every Reebok trainer.... Nah, not for me.

are new balance not American

Football boots are made in the north of hingland

You get a lovely embroidered union flag on every Reebok trainer.... Nah, not for me.

Never worn them for that reason although you get some without the UJ.

Trainers, my arse bah! My latest footwear. Auld Hippy Hibby at heart.

images

Getting these bad boys for the start of the season
crocs-online-satin-al-crocs-terlik_11032715.jpg

BIG G

Last edited:
I thought they'd go well with my donnay international polo top

I thought they'd go well with my donnay international polo top
"Donnay no dae that? "

Sent from my E5823 using Tapatalk

This thread has been viewed 2784 times.

Your donation helps pay for our dedicated server and software support renewals. We really do appreciate it!
Goal
£100.00
Earned
£47.50