aggie

Justified Radge
Radge Donator
Private Member
Bounce Radge
Lewis Flag Donator
Monthly Radge
Reaction score
Having just read @Greenmachine and @Swahibee on this thread, I should have posted my contribution to the Just Back thread on here, as it’s probably better suited to this thread. Anyway, good posts.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Smurf

Private Member
Bounce Radge
Reaction score
There is a definite sense of an era coming to an end at Easter Road, but that emphatically does not mean that we then go into a period of decline, drudgery and mediocrity. The last three or four years have been hugely enjoyable and successful but that success has not happened by pure chance or accident. It has happened IMO mainly because of the club restructure in early 2014 (prior to our hugely unexpected relegation) which amongst many things brought about the CEO post being upgraded and given much more power, influence and authority, a Director of footballing operations post being created to co-ordinate all footballing matters at Hibernian, a complete rebuild of the Youth Academy and the scouting and player recruitment network. Other things have happened as well and believe me we have many very good professional people of a very high standard working at the club. This enabled the club to recruit managers who bought into and fitted into this new structure. First of all Allan Stubbs who whilst failing to get promotion in two attempts (it would have been a massive achievement if he had managed this with Hearts and/or the Rangers in the same league) created a very good and entertaining team from practically nothing with some fantastic signings...several of whom are still vital parts of the team/squad today, and of course he won the Scottish Cup..something most of us thought we would never see in our lifetimes. That new structure also enabled us to get a high profile manager like Neil Lennon who for two years gave us a very good team, great results, promotion and a top 4 finish...the highest in 8 years, European football and our best points tally in the top league ever.
Things have now came to a crossroads however. Much has went wrong behind the scenes and on the pitch this season. Many of our cup winning players who have served the club brilliantly IMO are coming to the end of their time with Hibs. Lennon and Parker have already came to the end of their time with Hibs and I personally expect to see some significant changes in our organisation soon. I heard several months ago from a good source that Lennon and George Craig did not get on at all...in my opinion we may yet see Mr Craig moving on soon and possibly Leeann Dempster as well. They have both been at Hibs for approaching five years now and despite (in my view) both having done a great job for Hibs in that time, they may just be thinking it's time for them to move on. That doesn't mean bad news and doom and gloom for Hibs...it just means change. The structure we have at the club which as I say has proved to be successful will remain. We would appoint a new CEO to do the same job as Leeann has done...we would appoint a new Head of Footballing Operations to do the same job as George Craig has done...hopefully better in both cases. Things evolve and change in football. Nothing stands still if you want to progress as a club and surely we all want to see that. It's not down to personalities...it's down to sheer hard work and professionalism and having the right structure in place for success as we now have. Once this season is over we need to move on as a club with the new manager in charge ready to put together his squad for 2019/20 and beyond. I am confident the club will put this mess of a season behind us and make huge strides forward to ensure we are at least a top 4 club for evermore and winning more trophies and regularly competing in Europe. That is what Hibernian as the joint third biggest club in Scotland should always be achieving. Anything less is failure and everyone connected with the club should see it that way.
Good post. Why I would prefer a short term until the end of the season appointment for first team coach. The board between now and then should appraise the performance of all executives.

NW

Bounce Radge
Monthly Radge
Reaction score
Website
Visit site
Good post. Why I would prefer a short term until the end of the season appointment for first team coach. The board between now and then should appraise the performance of all executives.
They won’t though, when did the board last self evaluate? It’s seems impossible with our set up

Leith1975

Private Member
Bounce Radge
Part of Bounce
Reaction score
There’s a lot of good points being made on this thread and people’s opinion of what has gone wrong this season will be made by which way they perceive the failure. One thing that can’t be denied is that as a club we have badly underachieved in the last 30 or so years. The last few years there seemed to be something really positive happening and I thought that finally we had the right people and the right structure in place. The test of that is if this season proves to be a blip and we come back stronger next season or it’s another slow decline. I really hope that it is just a blip and all the hard work put in turns out to be worthwhile.

Reactions: Greenmachine

Smurf

Private Member
Bounce Radge
Reaction score
They won’t though, when did the board last self evaluate? It’s seems impossible with our set up
I'm greatly concerned about our medium to long term development. We have every right to expect to be a competitive club outside the top two. Sadly because of rich generous benefactors and FOH and AberDNA we are in real danger of finding it difficult to be competitive with the other two clubs in Scotland who are our main competition for 'best of the rest' in The Gunts and Aberdeen. Personally I think we need new ownership and leadership at the club. Not because there's a magic wand but because we need ownership and leadership that can properly engage with the support.

Reactions: The Family

NW

Bounce Radge
Monthly Radge
Reaction score
Website
Visit site
I'm greatly concerned about our medium to long term development. We have every right to expect to be a competitive club outside the top two. Sadly because of rich generous benefactors and FOH and AberDNA we are in real danger of finding it difficult to be competitive with the other two clubs in Scotland who are our main competition for 'best of the rest' in The Gunts and Aberdeen. Personally I think we need new ownership and leadership at the club. Not because there's a magic wand but because we need ownership and leadership that can properly engage with the support.
It’s very disheartening that our club seems totally disinterested in securing investment or additional income. It’s ok the fans will just find it seems the way

SuperTortolano

Private Member
Bounce Radge
Reaction score
We desperately need a new owner with fresh ideas and an actual interest in the club. For all the good Sir Tom did us in the past, he has absolutely zero interest in the club or football. He employs Petrie to run a tight ship and do the best to keep us in the black. That is 100% Farmer and Petrie's main objective, the playing side of things come second. For me paying the £100,000 or so to bring Allan in January should have been a done, no question. I have no doubt that with him in the team, we would have stood a better chance of top six football. That measly hundred grand could have been the difference of a place or two finish and games against the big boys. Right now, I'm going to say we look like bottom six material.

We need a new owner to turn that around and make the playing side of things a priority. This season shows any future owners that the fans will invest in the club as long as they feel the club are doing the same. Had we qualified for Europe again and properly invested, I think we may have seen 15,000 season tickets next year. Probably looking at about 12,000 now.

Last edited:
Reactions: The Family
Harp and Castle Visit Dumbreck Decorators
Visit robertsons garage Visit Frutin Travel