• Guest, The HibeesBounce invites you to enter our Monthly Draw...

Enter our Monthly Draw Here

GGTTH

• hibeesbounce

World Cup

Cannae mind any VAR D.
You might be right. I was yackin on the phone most o the game so I never really noticed šŸ™ˆ

What's this "Defensive Line Break" stat the tv keeps showing?

Tryin tae Americanise it probably. Seen a group of Sherman fans singing ā€œItā€™s Called Soccerā€ on Twitter. Itā€™s Called Fitba ya daft cvnts!

Americanism.
It's a pass between defenders.

We'd call it a through ball.

Cheers guys: I had an inkling it would be something to do with our cousins ...

Not been that impressed so far with either the matches of the tournament itself. Half empty stadiums and too much virtue signalling obsession from too many particularly in the media.
Ecuador played well against Qatar, but it was a bit of a mismatch, and even more of a mismatch was England against Iran.
I can never understand how football fans/pundits/media can make a proper assessment of the quality of a performance when there is such a gulf between the two teams.
England by virtue of always being a seeded nation will always get cannon fodder both in their qualifying groups and especially in the tournaments themselves.
I'm not taking anything away from them, they have some good players at international level, and it will help their chances this time that the tournament is being played mid-season as their fitness levels will be a lot better than if it was being played in June/July as it usually is, but I think they are quarter-finalists at best. Fair play to them though if they get further than that. I like Southgate and for his sake and the fact that I have absolutely nothing against England as a nation (I like the country and it's people), I hope they do well.
Wales are a one man team, but it just shows you what can be achieved with even one world class player at that level. That was a decent result against the USA considering how bad they were in the first half. Their first world cup in 60 odd years I hope they do themselves proud.
I wish all this virtue signalling stuff and politics would just get out the road so we can just concentrate on the football. Qatar should never have got the World Cup for a variety of reasons, but it's here now so let's just get on with it now please ?
Brazil or Argentina I reckon to win it.

Messi off the mark

Ooyah fucker

Wow. Picked a good day ro be off sick!

Brilliant second goal from the Saudis who now lead 2-1.
Their high press tactics have been a perfect example of how to play against a team with better technical players.
Argentina have it all to do now.

Argentina have no answers so far, I'm not leaving my hoose here in Buenos Aires if they lose...

First decent game of the tournament

Looks like I'll be needing to explain what "hame before the postcairds" means to my wife soon.

1st shockeroonie of the tournament..

1st shockeroonie of the tournament..

I feel I may be to blame.
I backed them to win the tournament.

:cover:

Looks like I'll be needing to explain what "hame before the postcairds" means to my wife soon.
Is that an Argentinian name?
Sounds oriental.

You're not alone.
Bastards.

Best game of the tournament so far by a long way.
Saudis were superb and deserved to win.
Argentina very disappointing. VAR killed them in the first half, but they flattered to deceive as usual.

You're not alone.
Bastards.
Only their first game.
Still think they will qualify from that group and surely they can only improve as the tournament goes on.

Not at allā€¦I backed them tae.

Some start by the Aussies!

2nd shockeroonie of the tournament.

Aaah I hope Jase gets on and plays a part in a win against France.
What a wild ride.

Long night ahead

Reactions: Zab
Jase Cummings on the bench. Might not need him at this rate!

Argh Hammi must been typing faster!

Ah well, just can't keep up.

Dunno why we're hearing about England though.
Might go find American coverage for a laugh.

Or aussie šŸ¤·ā€ā™‚ļø

On French TV (TF1) the co-commentator is Bixente Lizarazu. He's generally a moaning wee prick and, because he's a world cup winner, he thinks he knows everything and can criticise who he wants at will. It's also pretty obvious when he dislikes a given player. I much prefer watching on other channels when available.

Strewth look who just hit the post for Australia, Jackson Irvine!

So close too, one of those slow motion ones.

Australia doing well, just outclassed. Playing more open than Saudi did (from the little bit I saw) so there's more room for the French quality to show.

On French TV (TF1) the co-commentator is Bixente Lizarazu. He's generally a moaning wee prick and, because he's a world cup winner, he thinks he knows everything and can criticise who he wants at will. It's also pretty obvious when he dislikes a given player. I much prefer watching on other channels when available.
Dutch public broadcaster looks after their cents; they dinnae stretch tae a co-commentator for non-NL games.

They are not like the French though, who I admit are usually enthusiastic and talkative. Commentators here are stern, gruff and worryingly quite knowledgeable.

But they just put up a notice sayin sorry for the loss of commentary. That was 5 mins and it never struck me.

Noice bit of Aussie slang there Bruce.. I mean Jock šŸ˜‚

I found a Canadian channel, half time and Steven Caldwell is in the panel.
So random

• Haha
Noice bit of Aussie slang there Bruce.. I mean Jock šŸ˜‚
Crikey! Put another wolabrawonga on the barbie!

Cumdingo incomingā€¦

Cumdingo incomingā€¦
Iā€™d put money on this game doesnā€™t pass him without incident. Either score , or get sent off, or at full time reveal a gay pride t-shirt šŸ¤£šŸ¤£.
something though, itā€™s in his dna

Bbc commentator - assole šŸ˜”

Iā€™d put money on this game doesnā€™t pass him without incident. Either score , or get sent off, or at full time reveal a gay pride t-shirt šŸ¤£šŸ¤£.
something though, itā€™s in his dna
Has he touched the ball yet?

No seen that since my amateur days. Tryin tae get away wi 12 players on the pitch šŸ˜‚

Commentary just said the wee guy that just came on has never played a competitive game of football.

18 year old, signing for Newcastle but only ever played youth football. Now a world Cup player šŸ¤·ā€ā™‚ļø

Bbc commentator - assole šŸ˜”
Agreed.

He listed Cumdogs clubs.

Then said I seem to remember he was at Hearts before he joined Hibs.

Like fcuk he ā€œrememberedā€ that. Clearly got it written down.

Dick!!

This thread has been viewed 35690 times.

Your donation helps pay for our dedicated server and software support renewals. We really do appreciate it!
Goal
Ā£100.00
Earned
Ā£28.75