• Guest, The HibeesBounce invites you to enter our Monthly Draw...

Enter our Monthly Draw Here

GGTTH

• hibeesbounce

Wokies reintroducing racially segregated schooling

egb_hibs

Private Member
Reaction score

Apparently these nutcases believe black and Hispanic kids will perform better if put in classes separated from nasty white, Jewish and Asian kids.

Apparently these nutcases believe black and Hispanic kids will perform better if put in classes separated from nasty white, Jewish and Asian kids.
Yanks eh, thank feck we have the tories 🤣

Nah I'm no going there.... 🤣

Nah I'm no going there.... 🤣
If you are tempted to go after catholic schools, then whatever your views it’s not remotely similar.

Quite apart from the racial segregation here is the assumptions behind it - black people perform poorly in education because of the presence of white kids. Almost exactly the thinking of the segregationists who didn’t want white kids dragged down by blacks.

These people will destroy liberal society before they will concede that the absence of a father is more harmful than sitting next to a white child. And yet we are told the culture war is a distraction or an invention of the right (a complaint that has only piped up when it changed from a one way rout). The truth is black lives only matter until they challenge upper-middle class white prejudices.

Maybe the nutcases could could learn from others.....

BIG G

I intend to go after Catholic Shools.I hope they go first.

I intend to go after Catholic Shools.I hope they go first.
Yes, you guys don’t like diversity. We know. And you certainly don’t like things that drag uppity minorities up under their own steam, rather than at the benevolent hand of the state. Catholic schools are, explicitly, part of the same social thinking that created Hibernian FC.

Casting the history book aside, they are to this day engines of social mobility, another reason they are despised by people whose own crackpot ideology has achieved nothing but the opposite.

But what’s your view on the topic of the thread?

If you are tempted to go after catholic schools, then whatever your views it’s not remotely similar.

Quite apart from the racial segregation here is the assumptions behind it - black people perform poorly in education because of the presence of white kids. Almost exactly the thinking of the segregationists who didn’t want white kids dragged down by blacks.

These people will destroy liberal society before they will concede that the absence of a father is more harmful than sitting next to a white child. And yet we are told the culture war is a distraction or an invention of the right (a complaint that has only piped up when it changed from a one way rout). The truth is black lives only matter until they challenge upper-middle class white prejudices.
I'd love to send my 4 year old to private school. And if not the best local option is a RC one. For the benefit of him I'd send him to either. However, if I had the power I'd remove choice from education and have all kids going to their local secular school. I'm a hypocritical sod.

And my comment was originally tongue in cheek.... 😉

The instance you highlight above is horrendous. So depressing. Where does it end.

I'd love to send my 4 year old to private school. And if not the best local option is a RC one. For the benefit of him I'd send him to either. However, if I had the power I'd remove choice from education and have all kids going to their local secular school. I'm a hypocritical sod.
It’s not just hypocritical on that level, it’s a bit inconsistent with your views as I have formed an impression of them over 20 years. A single uniform system without the challenge of different approaches is a guaranteed race to the bottom even without the crackpots who would end up calling the shots. I mean it’s the same with anything.
And my comment was originally tongue in cheek.... 😉

The instance you highlight above is horrendous. So depressing. Where does it end.
And exactly why your preference above is misguided imho. These are the kind of loons that would end up running it, and I think if you pause for a moment you know that. If parents have no option to go anywhere else, they win by default. You can usually tell by who has a bugbear about these things - I give you the Scottish greens.

Give those whoppers a chance and soon we’d be entertaining the fact that 2+2=5 might be correct if answered by a child from a group possessed with ‘different ways of knowing’; that’s if maths got a look in amidst all the social programming.

That's so fucked up

@Smurf diversity in wholly secular academies, as well as faith schools, tells its own story, which is why they are hated with such venom by the Borg, who will destroy anything and everything before they could admit their own ideas are wrong. See also the promotion of race politics rather than face the ruination of minority communities through their own ideals.

That's so fucked up
Says it all with a concision that is not my gift !

I think there’s logic in it, and I don’t even think it’s particularly woke. A group don’t achieve, separate them, and work out how you get them to the required level.

Chances of successful implementation, probably zero.

I realize you could take the inference that black kids perform poorly because of the prescence of white kids but I think that’s reading too much into it.

If you had a group of girls who performed poorly in physics, I could see that a reasonable response to that might be an all girls class with a female teacher. That’s not sexist, just an approach to deal with a particular issue.

I’ve got a feeling I’m going to wish I’d read the article before commenting 😂

I think there’s logic in it, and I don’t even think it’s particularly woke. A group don’t achieve, separate them, and work out how you get them to the required level.

Chances of successful implementation, probably zero.
It’s the terminal point of woke, which is all about division and power. Your description overlooks that this it not about isolating a control group, it’s about saying that races need to be separated because proximity to white kids is bad.

It’s as dark as it gets and one can’t agree with it without also acknowledging white segregationists who didn’t want their kids dragged down by blacks. Because it is exactly the same argument.

I realize you could take the inference that black kids perform poorly because of the prescence of white kids but I think that’s reading too much into it.
It isn’t if you recognise the philosophy from whence this has sprung
If you had a group of girls who performed poorly in physics, I could see that a reasonable response to that might be an all girls class with a female teacher. That’s not sexist, just an approach to deal with a particular issue.
Interesting. Girls and boys learn in different ways because they are, well, different. If that’s the thinking here, then quite apart from planting a bomb under other tenets of the faith which insist that nothing is different than anything else, it opens up several truckloads of cans of worms.

But as far as I am aware, the idea here is not that different racial groups need different approaches to teaching, it’s just to separate on racial grounds. It’ll probably just end up more of the wider picture, lowering of standards, witchcraft like ‘different ways of knowing’ - fine in philosophy, maths…not so much - and other fraudulent stuff that doesn’t help anyone, in fact the reverse.

Chances of success I think you are probably right, but because of the concept rather than the implementation.

Ma heid is nipping 😩

It isn’t if you recognise the philosophy from whence this has sprung

Interesting. Girls and boys learn in different ways because they are, well, different. If that’s the thinking here, then quite apart from planting a bomb under other tenets of the faith which insist that nothing is different than anything else, it opens up several truckloads of cans of worms.

But as far as I am aware, the idea here is not that different racial groups need different approaches to teaching, it’s just to separate on racial grounds. It’ll probably just end up more of the wider picture, lowering of standards, witchcraft like ‘different ways of knowing’ - fine in philosophy, maths…not so much - and other fraudulent stuff that doesn’t help anyone, in fact the reverse.

Chances of success I think you are probably right, but because of the concept rather than the implementation.

The article analysis is pretty patchy. It tells a school policy then presents evidence which may have had no bearing on the school decision and implementation. If it was a factor, then yes I think that’s probably different.

If the idea is to take an underperforming group and give them targeted support - which funnily enough is mentioned as helpful later in the article - based on their needs then it could very well be successful.

In the context of this thread title what is a Wokies?

1701253339032.jpeg

An adherent of woke. Tbf I did just make it up!

The woke mayor of Boston is having a Christmas do, non coloreds were not invited.

Last edited:
The woke mayor of Boston is having a Christmas do, non whites were not invited.
The jokes write themselves.

Altogether now; i’m dreeeaming of a…

Should be non coloured.
Fuckin right wing white rac....
Oh hang on a minute

Just googled her and see she is Asian American. She’s playing with fire there as many wokies consider people of her ethnicity to be (like Jews) guilty of whiteness, and in fact, white.

It’s a bit confusing all this, but I think it’s because they do to well for themselves and don’t depend on the benevolence of elderly (I should note a recently cancelled term) white liberals. Puzzlingly the latter seem not to be guilty of being white, even though they are the whitest people that ever lived - no other race ever having gone mental in this particular way.

Just googled her and see she is Asian American. She’s playing with fire there as many wokies consider people of her ethnicity to be (like Jews) guilty of whiteness, and in fact, white.

It’s a bit confusing all this, but I think it’s because they do to well for themselves and don’t depend on the benevolence of elderly (I should note a recently cancelled term) white liberals. Puzzlingly the latter seem not to be guilty of being white, even though they are the whitest people that ever lived - no other race ever having gone mental in this particular way.

Almost every institution here, schools, universities, local government, charities etc. have been banging on about diversity, inclusiveness and equity. There are burgeoning departments of well paid people that obsess about it, particularly in universities and governments and yet here we are. And apparently she is unrepentant.

If it had been the other way around, that a do had been arranged and POC were not invited and they were called out about it, they would be forced to backtrack, apologize and grovel about how these aren't our values or who we are, we are an inclusive bunch.

Bonkers

Almost every institution here, schools, universities, local government, charities etc. have been banging on about diversity, inclusiveness and equity. There are burgeoning departments of well paid people that obsess about it, particularly in universities and governments and yet here we are. And apparently she is unrepentant.

If it had been the other way around, that a do had been arranged and POC were not invited and they were called out about it, they would be forced to backtrack, apologize and grovel about how these aren't our values or who we are, we are an inclusive bunch.

Bonkers
They are not diverse in the slightest and I don’t think they want to be. Liberals have long held a numerical advantage in US unis but it’s now complete dominance. I read that Harvard faculty contains less than 1.5% conservatives. With that kind of monoculture, extremists thrive without challenge and we end up where we are.

Those who broadly share the worldview don’t understand the problem even if they aren’t onside with the fanatics - as I’ve said above, it’s hard for fish to comprehend water; it’s just ‘the norm’. Well, at least until too late when they commit one of an extending list of thought crimes and find there is no one left to speak out.

The only way these institutions will change is if alumni stop funding them, and that might be a race against time while those donors are from prior to the indoctrinated generations. There are some signs that people are waking up on the back of this anti semitism scandal. We better hope so as it’s a civilisational crisis in nascent stages.

Which invites the response from those who don’t or don’t want to see it, that this is a fuss over hapless academics. A response that rather overlooks that Harvard’s wealth alone exceeds the GDP of 120 countries, and along with the rest of the Ivy League they shape the US’ and thus the worlds, leadership. That task has been given over to fascists.

People on here say I'm crazy....

Until you look at their own documents which states their intention.....You will sleepwalk us to a Totaltarian(woke also) society.

The ignorance in this world..is insane.

Keep us divided by everything...It's easy to conquer.
Divide and Conquer!

Imagine everybody suddenly realised THEIR Government has been hijacked by a false Government Corporation!

Not so long ago.....every one of them would of been tried for Treason! 🤫

Until you look at their own documents which states their intention.....You will sleepwalk us to a Totaltarian(woke also) society.

The ignorance in this world..is insane.

Keep us divided by everything...It's easy to conquer.
Divide and Conquer!

Imagine everybody suddenly realised THEIR Government has been hijacked by a false Government Corporation!

Not so long ago.....every one of them would have been tried for Treason! 🤫
Ryan, I dislike and get into disagreements on here over many things the establishment get up to.

But I don’t see why you feel the need to weave it into these fantastical stories of secret plots and shadowy organisations.

It’s all in plain sight, and no one is hiding anything. They don’t have to, they’re the establishment.

Labour politics is dead, conservatism is dead. The well to do have reconvereged on the liberalism that was invented with and by the middle class that inherited the world from the aristocracy.

Sure you’ve got the batshit unemployable ones spouting crazy stuff in the unis, but in practical terms they wholly enable the agenda of their older brothers making money in the city.

There’s no mystery to any of it. The only novel ingredient is the religious aspect it has but even then it’s not really new, Marxism was always like that for example. However its widespread take up is a new thing. that’s just a by product of traditional religions declining though (I think). A new one was bound to spring up.

It’s really quite banal compared to notions of secret schemers, but there we are.

Batshit.
Mad as a box of frogs.
Completely hatstand.

Spot on son.
:sm023:

They are not diverse in the slightest and I don’t think they want to be. Liberals have long held a numerical advantage in US unis but it’s now complete dominance. I read that Harvard faculty contains less than 1.5% conservatives. With that kind of monoculture, extremists thrive without challenge and we end up where we are.

Those who broadly share the worldview don’t understand the problem even if they aren’t onside with the fanatics - as I’ve said above, it’s hard for fish to comprehend water; it’s just ‘the norm’. Well, at least until too late when they commit one of an extending list of thought crimes and find there is no one left to speak out.

The only way these institutions will change is if alumni stop funding them, and that might be a race against time while those donors are from prior to the indoctrinated generations. There are some signs that people are waking up on the back of this anti semitism scandal. We better hope so as it’s a civilisational crisis in nascent stages.

Which invites the response from those who don’t or don’t want to see it, that this is a fuss over hapless academics. A response that rather overlooks that Harvard’s wealth alone exceeds the GDP of 120 countries, and along with the rest of the Ivy League they shape the US’ and thus the worlds, leadership. That task has been given over to fascists.

I saw a headline about a recent ranking of universities and free speech and Harvard (maybe Yale) ranked as one of the worst for free speech. And I think affirmative action is being done away with but the top colleges absolutely discriminate against Asians who excel in favor of students less academic and a more favorable hue to their skin tone.

And it looks like you are aware of a few Ivy league Alumni have stated that they would not be hiring graduates from these schools that have hesitated to denounce Hamas.

The education system here is such a rip off industry anyway.

The people advocating for this nonsense are racist against blacks and Hispanics. People should be classed by learning ability not racial identity. If I was black or Hispanic I would be furious.

The people advocating for this nonsense are racist against blacks and Hispanics. People should be classed by learning ability not racial identity. If I was black or Hispanic I would be furious.
They are. Otoh I believe that if there was no racist element to uni admissions they would be completely dominated by Asians and Jews (especially at science / tech places like MIT).

They are. Otoh I believe that if there was no racist element to uni admissions they would be completely dominated by Asians and Jews (especially at science / tech places like MIT).
They should be dominated by the smartest people regardless of race eh, the far left are bonkers. Only an idiot would advocate equality of opportunity. They are trying to lower the exam grading so people with lower IQs can pass 😂 it really is clown world in 2023.

They should be dominated by the smartest people regardless of race eh, the far left are bonkers. Only an idiot would advocate equality of opportunity. They are trying to lower the exam grading so people with lower IQs can pass 😂 it really is clown world in 2023.
'Only an idiot would advocate equality of opportunity ' - what's idiotic about it?

'Only an idiot would advocate equality of opportunity ' - what's idiotic about it?
Guessing he meant ‘equality of outcome’ which is the goal these days, and which is indeed mental.

However, even equality of opportunity becomes interesting in university admissions. How does one achieve it? If it’s on aptitude then America’s top schools become Asian dominated. If other factors are brought in then you are de facto discriminating against kids on a racial basis.

Edit - might be just muddling myself now. If everyone has the opportunity to apply to the admission process, and the outcome is gaining entry, maybe there’s not an issue. If it’s the ‘opportunity to attend Harvard’ though, then the difficulties arise.

Guessing he meant ‘equality of outcome’ which is the goal these days, and which is indeed mental.

However, even equality of opportunity becomes interesting in university admissions. How does one achieve it? If it’s on aptitude then America’s top schools become Asian dominated. If other factors are brought in then you are de facto discriminating against kids on a racial basis.

Edit - might be just muddling myself now. If everyone has the opportunity to apply to the admission process, and the outcome is gaining entry, maybe there’s not an issue. If it’s the ‘opportunity to attend Harvard’ though, then the difficulties arise.
I think you are probably right that they meant equality of outcome. I can't see the sense in that. As for equality of opportunity, there are a lot of cultural, social and economic barriers for poorer people going to university. Personally I'm delighted if s bright kid from Muirhouse becomes a doctor because their talent has been nurtured.

I think you are probably right that they meant equality of outcome. I can't see the sense in that. As for equality of opportunity, there are a lot of cultural, social and economic barriers for poorer people going to university. Personally I'm delighted if s bright kid from Muirhouse becomes a doctor because their talent has been nurtured.
Well wouldn’t we all. But as ever there is a big difference between romantic theory and harsh reality. In the US what is happening is kids are bombing out of uni with nothing but vast debts, and now standards are being lowered as an alternative. In short, everyone is being dragged down as seems to be the inevitable outcome of equality driven ideology.

People need to be given the chance, but they need to know the chance they are taking and then they need to be allowed to fail if that’s their destiny.

This is late in the life cycle anyway - our best chances of Doctors emerging from Muirhouse or South Central LA is to encourage stable families and early stage learning in well disciplined schools.

Instead American liberals who preside over education are in an awful doom spiral.

Their own values have led to the collapse of the black family and a reversal of the rapid social progress being made by blacks prior to that point >>> This then affects learning in pre and school phases as well as possibly basic cognitive capacity >>> So entrance to uni needs to be rigged to ensure some of these kids still get in >>> which leads to disproportionate dropping out with debt >>> which is mitigated by lowering of standards >>> which traduces the whole thing.

There’s also the possibility that Asians or Jews are just brighter on average due to genetics. But that’s anathema too. Except that if it isn’t that it’s nurture, which proceeds from culture - so we’re back to the previous problem. It’s not just money either, these differences exist when wealth is normalised out.

Sentimentalism isn’t good enough on its own. In fact it does nothing but create and entrench poverty. But we’ve lost faith in reason, lost courage in our convictions, and so we will kill em with kindness.

To add a final controversy grenade to the mix, some claim that dynamics like the above in education have been affected by the rise of women in positions of power, the argument being they have a tendency to be ‘overly compassionate’ rather than sufficiently hard headed where it is necessary. I’m entirely unconvinced by this, but it’s an interesting suggestion and maybe a small part of the puzzle.

To me it’s more obviously just part of the complete failure of left wing ideology. Again. Which is going to keep happening as long as a significant quota of people find reality too uncomfortable to face into.

This thread has been viewed 1814 times.

Your donation helps pay for our dedicated server and software support renewals. We really do appreciate it!
Goal
£100.00
Earned
£38.75
Back