Winter Window 2020

Jack

Aulder Than The Internet This Radge
It looks obvious now that Dunfermline weren't going to sell him so i don't understand why they'd grant permission for him to talk to us and possibly leave themselves with an unhappy player who feels they are holding him back ?
Dunfermline mucked up here.

Making the offer we did looked to me and probably them that we were really keen to get him and the Pars thought they could just keep on squeezing a bit more and more. In the end they couldn't and as you say they now have an unhappy player to deal with.

Forzahibs

I'm a Radge Donator
Dunfermline mucked up here.

Making the offer we did looked to me and probably them that we were really keen to get him and the Pars thought they could just keep on squeezing a bit more and more. In the end they couldn't and as you say they now have an unhappy player to deal with.

And we're left discussing bringing in a 40 year old or scraping round for some unattached player(s)
It's a bit depressing this "excellent window"*

*copyright Hibs announcer

greencol

Skivin cooncil Radge
I've never been involved in transfer dealings but i'd be amazed if a club gave permission for their player to speak to another club before said club offers enough to buy him
A bit naive there ,Forza.
An agent can speak to anyone at any time.
Tha lad will have known what Hibs had to offer.

Two Headed Boy

Well-Known Radge
Gullan is a good attacking midfielder/winger, not a striker IMO....and is still very raw,

I'm quite excited about Gullan. Raith are my "second team" of sorts due to a few of my family supporting them and he has been absolutely fantastic for them.

Ok it's only League One, but he had the most fruitful loan spell of any of our development squad by quite some diatance. Raith fans are gutted that he's gone.

Bossie

Well-Known Radge
Unless either or both get injured. Being left with only 2 recognised strikers might be your idea of having been strengthened and having a decent transfer windae, I doubt if it's many other peoples. Nae doubt those running Hibs will also try tae spin it that way when the begging letters for season ticket renewals are out in a couple months.

Seems tae me there are people at ER who think they can still live off a cup win nearly 4 years ago, it's been going doonhill again ever since then and they cannae.

The Hibs first team is now far and away better than before the window opened. I fully expect Hibs to make up the striker numbers with a free transfer. It's a no brainer that we are now in a better position.

Forzahibs

I'm a Radge Donator
A bit naive there ,Forza.
An agent can speak to anyone at any time.
Tha lad will have known what Hibs had to offer.

So tapping players is legal now , cos thats what that would amount to

In professional team sports, tapping up (British English) or tampering (American English) is an attempt to persuade a player contracted to one team to transfer to another team, without the knowledge or permission of the player's current team. This kind of approach is often made through the player's agent. It is expressly forbidden in many professional leagues in their collective bargaining agreements, but is not illegal.

greencol

Skivin cooncil Radge
So tapping players is legal now , cos thats what that would amount to

In professional team sports, tapping up (British English) or tampering (American English) is an attempt to persuade a player contracted to one team to transfer to another team, without the knowledge or permission of the player's current team. This kind of approach is often made through the player's agent. It is expressly forbidden in many professional leagues in their collective bargaining agreements, but is not illegal.
An agent is not signed to a club.
He can talk to anyone he chooses.

Greenmachine

Aulder Than The Internet This Radge
The Hibs first team is now far and away better than before the window opened. I fully expect Hibs to make up the striker numbers with a free transfer. It's a no brainer that we are now in a better position.
I agree that we will be a better position than pre-window if we manage to get in another striker on the free transfer market. We needed to bolster our midfield with strength and energy and we got Omeonga and Docherty who are both very good players. McNulty is an intelligent penalty-box striker and I think he will link well with Doidge and as long as he gets decent service (and avoids injury !) he will score goals for us. Paul McGinn..well, listening to the manager last night it looks clear that he had been targetting him for a while and was going to bring him in during the summer window, but his hand was forced this month due to the loss of Naismith and Porteous for the season. Bogdan I still think will be our first choice goalkeeper from next season onwards, but for the moment is an excellent back-up for Marciano. I am optimistic we can secure McNulty and Omeonga on permanent deals in the summer.

Last edited:

Bossie

Well-Known Radge
Yeah a lot of people see it as a numbers game, but all that does is affect the size of the squad. That would be ok if we had a strong enough first 11, but we didnae and it needed, and received, surgery. Our first team is now considerably stronger than before and that's why it has been a very solid windae.

Forzahibs

I'm a Radge Donator
Yeah a lot of people see it as a numbers game, but all that does is affect the size of the squad. That would be ok if we had a strong enough first 11, but we didnae and it needed, and received, surgery. Our first team is now considerably stronger than before and that's why it has been a very solid windae.

Its an injury / suspension / loss of form up front that concerns me in a team that regularly needs to score to avoid defeat

stickyRicky

Muirhouse Radge
Not sure I agree with this. Playing Doidge, McNulty & Boyle every week may not happen. Kamberi (Hunprick) could play wide off a striker in an attacking 3. Doidge and McNulty arent that type of player.

Ross may have to relook at his preferred starting system as result. Factor in Scotty Allan and now Greg Docherty and I doubt if Doidge, Boyle and McNulty will start together often.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

Horgan could play that wide left attacking role imo.

Bofahibee

Well-Known Radge
I’m happy that the club signed players that will play for the jersey rather than disinterested journeymen. As previously, we are still able to sign free agents aren’t we?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

stickyRicky

Muirhouse Radge
I’m happy that the club signed players that will play for the jersey rather than disinterested journeymen. As previously, we are still able to sign free agents aren’t we?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Usually folk on a free in this window are Journeymen.

Desperate Dan

Scottish no british, ya radge
Until that happens it's just your opinion, speculation, if or buts and nowt else. What is a fact is that we currently have 2 recognised strikers and if anything happens tae them as the squad currently stands we're stuffed.

I'm not going tae go roond in circles with you on this, you have your opinion I have mine, you are happy with that transfer windae, I,m no, I guess we'll see what happens.

Visit Frutin Travel Visit Robertsons Garage
SUPPORT THE SITE!
March Goal: £70.00
Donations so far: £10.00

Unread Posts