Winter Window 2020

NGP

A message to you, radge
A strange week all round. The players we have secured, loan or not, have added to our squad.
Kamberi? Well, he can just GTF, any player who whores himself to the Huns has no place at ER.
I would have liked another striker, Nisbet or another, but for this season, I think our poor start left too much to try and catch 4th, so why spend now for 5th place?
It does leave us with few options upfront. Hope Sparky and the Artful Doidger stay fit.

SuperTortolano

Legendary Radge
We signed McNulty and Omeonga last January.... How did that work our for us. If they do really well, it’s going to be hard to keep a hold of them. If McNulty was permanent I’d be fairly happy about it all.

bigmanandy

Legendary Radge
Correct and never did enough in this windae tae rectify it. I'm no unhappy with the players we just signed, I'm unhappy with the lack of players we signed, it wisnae enough. They'll be wanting the dosh for season tickets soon nand they'll be trying tae spin this as some sort of success, though what they think they foll is something else. Seasons dropped last year, I believe they will drop again this year (particularly if there's any £££ increase). Time tae get the finger oot.
I Ddont disagree dude, im just trying to put a positive spin on things, we need to move forward, hearing from our owner in the AGM will be a start as will winning games and giving us a more positive outlook going towards the end of the season.

stickyRicky

Muirhouse Radge
We had one centre forward doing the business, another one who didn't give a toss and a young one who wasn't good enough.

We now have the Welsh Goal Machine and a Scottish international forward. And somehow we are worse off? Gies strength.

*&*^ are deluded if they thought our team would be fixed in one window. Personally I'm delighted with our winter window. Well done Hibs :041:

Cabbageman

Well-Known Radge
We had one centre forward doing the business, another one who didn't give a toss and a young one who wasn't good enough.

We now have the Welsh Goal Machine and a Scottish international forward. And somehow we are worse off? Gies strength.
Like this way of looking at it, think we'll be fine 2nd half of the season. Not sure we'll make 4th but it's definitely doable as we've strengthened more than teams around us bar maybe Aberdeen

dmn1989

Well-Known Radge
I’m unsure if we are necessarily week we than before. We have lot shaw go and brought Gullan back. For me, Shaw wasn’t good enough and we cashed in well on him. Gullan was doing well at Raith - top goal scorer I believe?

Yeah it would have been nice to have had the option of Kamberi and McNulty but the former has shown their true colours and we are better off without.

Boyle has played up top plenty of times under Lennon and he was used excellently against them gunts too.

Not too hung up on this Nisbet boy as like @1875 I hadn’t heard of him until we were linked with him.

dmn1989

Well-Known Radge
I’m surprised we didn’t see more movement out of the club. Although I reckon had Porteous and Naismith not got injured we probably would have seen Jackson & James sent back down the road.

Murky

Not Just a Radge
you don't agree terms if your club doesn't accept thats obvious
That's incorrect. As long as the club give the player permission to speak to the other club they can. It's quite common for both club > player and club > club negotiations to be happening concurrently. Especially on 'deadline day'.

Sent from my HTC 10 using Tapatalk

Forzahibs

I'm a Radge Donator
That's incorrect. As long as the club give the player permission to speak to the other club they can. It's quite common for both club > player and club > club negotiations to be happening concurrently. Especially on 'deadline day'.

Sent from my HTC 10 using Tapatalk

I've never been involved in transfer dealings but i'd be amazed if a club gave permission for their player to speak to another club before said club offers enough to buy him

westsidehibs

Well-Known Radge
I've never been involved in transfer dealings but i'd be amazed if a club gave permission for their player to speak to another club before said club offers enough to buy him
I would think they would have a heads up through agent what he would want wages though.

Forzahibs

I'm a Radge Donator
I would think they would have a heads up through agent what he would want wages though.

It looks obvious now that Dunfermline weren't going to sell him so i don't understand why they'd grant permission for him to talk to us and possibly leave themselves with an unhappy player who feels they are holding him back ?

westsidehibs

Well-Known Radge
It looks obvious now that Dunfermline weren't going to sell him so i don't understand why they'd grant permission for him to talk to us and possibly leave themselves with an unhappy player who feels they are holding him back ?
Maybe ross will look at free transfers it was a shame we didn't get him but for us to offer that kind of money is impressive by the club .
Dunfermline obviously looking at shankland as a rule of thumb .

greencol

Skivin cooncil Radge
Interesting.
Lotsa moans about loans on this thread.
I'm not moaning about loaning.
Especially the loan that took a prize moan out of ER.
Damn that Bosman fella.
Wonder if Boris , in our new Valhalla, will give us back the 'old days' in football?
The one where clubs had players tied down for years on 'option' contracts?
That's the only way to put paid to loan deals.
Anyway, I'm reasonably happy with our dealings out and inward..........Vela, slagged off from minute one. Maxwell, slagged off. Shaw , not quite slagged off , but not good enough(allegedly).
McNulty, same as last visit will do.
Omeonga, ditto.
McGinn, solid professional , though I've seen him only a few times playing against Hibs.
Docherty, ditto.
Leaving about 10.30 for ER.
GGTTH.

Green Sleeves

Well-Known Radge
The fact most of our arrivals are loans does not bother me one iota. That's mainly what you get in January. There is very little available in January at our level or above which is going to improve us that we can realistically sign on a permanent deal. A Championship player whom they clearly rated is one such player, and we failed to do the deal....and on top of that we let one of our main strikers leave before we had secured the replacement. I'm sorry, that's what it comes down to. . Doidge and McNulty...that's our two first team strikers until May. They had better not get injured that's all I can say.
Not sure I agree with this. Playing Doidge, McNulty & Boyle every week may not happen. Kamberi (Hunprick) could play wide off a striker in an attacking 3. Doidge and McNulty arent that type of player.

Ross may have to relook at his preferred starting system as result. Factor in Scotty Allan and now Greg Docherty and I doubt if Doidge, Boyle and McNulty will start together often.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

Desperate Dan

Scottish no british, ya radge

Unless either or both get injured. Being left with only 2 recognised strikers might be your idea of having been strengthened and having a decent transfer windae, I doubt if it's many other peoples. Nae doubt those running Hibs will also try tae spin it that way when the begging letters for season ticket renewals are out in a couple months.

Seems tae me there are people at ER who think they can still live off a cup win nearly 4 years ago, it's been going doonhill again ever since then and they cannae.

Last edited:
Visit Frutin Travel Visit Robertsons Garage
SUPPORT THE SITE!
March Goal: £70.00
Donations so far: £10.00

Unread Posts