• Guest, The HibeesBounce invites you to enter our Monthly Draw...

Enter our Monthly Draw Here

GGTTH

• hibeesbounce

Will you download the Covid-19 app?

Will you download the Covid-19 app?

• Yes

Votes: 11 28.2%
  • No

Votes: 28 71.8%

• Total voters
View media item 339
There is your excess deaths to date compared against a 5 year death average courtesy of the Financial Times across a range of countries.

This isn't the seasonal flu governments are dealing with here and I am surprised anyone still argues that point.?

This is also the excess deaths within the lockdown restrictions so the computer model calculations of expected deaths outwith lockdown in a more open economy are going to be a whole lot more.?.

Tough choices are on the way especially as the only disease ever totally eradicated by vaccinne is Smallpox.?
Today 40 years ago?

Last edited:
After reading more reports on the pros & cons of the NHS ‘accenture’ app, I have changed my mind & vote to no. I will wait for the centralised app to fail then probably use the decentralised one that they will fall back to.

F6BD2A01-06A4-4807-A863-8DE42D5F02B6.jpeg

Mines hasn't.

It says I have to download my governments Health Authority app for it to work.

Mines hasn't.

It says I have to download my governments Health Authority app for it to work.

Same here

Same here
And me, I know some folk have privacy issues but I honestly cannae see what else they could find out about you than they are already able to find out, what you eat, how much money you've got, where you go , your political affiliations are already out there.

Is it as simple as switching off Bluetooth?

Looks like it,aslong as it’s not switched on automatically.

Covid app needs to be downloaded by 40m people to work properly,Facebook has 37m downloads....

If you are worried about security and have a phone then unless you are using something like a pinephone which has hardware kill switches for bluetooth, wifi, GPS etc then switching stuff off in the settings menu doesnae really turn it off.

Fuck no, not downloading that pish. It’s no more deadly than the regular flu IMO.
hi Donald.

If that is the way it works I will be changing the way I just voted. As I understand it though, you will need to be within 2 meters of a covid19 carrier for a period of 15 minutes. I don’t believe it trips if you briefly go past a carrier. I could be wrong J, it wouldn’t be the first time
And if the person coughs?

Supposedly a cloud lingers for 3 hours after.

Fuck no, not downloading that pish. It’s no more deadly than the regular flu IMO.
[/QUOTE

Been saying that for months.

More contagious than the flu....but far far lower mortality rate.

When s the next flat earth society meeting?
and I don't suppose much social distancing will be going on :gigglle:

for some reason it won't let me quote the last post???

And if the person coughs?

Supposedly a cloud lingers for 3 hours after.
Are you asking me something, if you are can you be a bit clearer on what you want advice on please?
Having or not having the app is not going to stop someone coughing on you as you walk past them & it will make the square root of fuck all difference to me because I am not downloading it. If a cloud as you refer to it is lingering for 3 hours, where does it linger? Does it float in the air or does it land on a surface like most virus do? What gives this virus the power of flight? Red Bull?

Totally shocked by this news

Totally shocked by this news

I am not shocked, it seemed to be the sensible thing to do. If all other major countries use decentralised apps, which seems to be the plan, ours should work the same. It also takes away some of the data gathering capabilities that the original app has

I am not shocked, it seemed to be the sensible thing to do. If all other major countries use decentralised apps, which seems to be the plan, ours should work the same. It also takes away some of the data gathering capabilities that the original app has
I’m just being wide,If you look back over the thread you’ll see I predicted this would happen since day 1 ?

I’m just being wide,If you look back over the thread you’ll see I predicted this would happen since day 1 ?
Aye, yur bums on fire!

I'll bet the tory chum of Dominic Cummings still got his £250m though. Someone should really be doing time for this ... and other similar shenanigans.

Moatied this thread. Not very well given its only a few months old!

However it seems Scotland is to launch its own Covid-19 app.

From what I've read so far, including the above, it's to follow the Irish model which is the same(ish) as the German model among others. Both use GAEN (The PathCheck Google Apple Exposure Notification).

MIT Technology Review is quite impressed.

Assuming we go the same way as Der Germans and de Irish I'll more than likely sign up.

From what I've read so far, including the above, it's to follow the Irish model which is the same(ish) as the German model among others. Both use GAEN (The PathCheck Google Apple Exposure Notification).

Assuming we go the same way as Der Germans and de Irish I'll more than likely sign up.

I’m now of the opinion that’ll I’ll do this as long as it has hee haw to do with they chumps in London.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The Irish and German Governments both had to abandon their respective systems due to genuine concerns that their original proposed systems could be open to governmental abuse by storing proximity logs, etc on Government databases. There is quite rightly a concern in Europe of Government surveillance of citizens. To this end both countries had to rethink and have moved away from centralised to decentralised approaches. In June Norway abandoned its tracking app as it was deemed to be in contravention of the EU General Data Protection Regulation, by collecting proximity information of individuals. It used both GPS and Bluetooth.
The Cambridge Analytica scandal of harvesting 80 million individual's information from Facebook and then used for nefarious activity, has only heighted and focused peoples genuine concerns and concentrated minds.
Digital ethics are being taken very seriously by both citizens and Governments alike. It is a real challenge.

BIG G

Ladies and gentlemen of the HibeesBounce ... the Scottish app.

Ladies and gentlemen of the HibeesBounce ... the Scottish app.

Downloaded and operational, let’s beat this and get back to ER. I’m losing precious time and want to live out the rest of my life doing what I love.

Decent numbers to startC7A2DDFB-1C30-495B-B9EF-B1C7A6EC3D7A.jpeg

Downloaded it, main phone is provided by my work and all staff instructed to get the app

Done it earlier. Why wouldn’t you?

Done it earlier. Why wouldn’t you?
Exactly.
Just why.

Exactly.
Just why.
I'd imagine that people on low wage zero hours contracts who use public transport would think twice before installing it. Can't be easy to put yourself in a situation where an app notification could come in at any time telling you you can't work for two weeks. There really needs to be a better financial support package for people who are told to self isolate.

Just downloaded it. Thanks for the link @Jack

Done it last night.

I don't see how it would work as I don't often have my phone on me. It's either in the van, car or locker when at work. Half the time I need to phone myself to find it.
Good luck finding a public phone box to do that. ?

My phone will get binned before I install an app that means they tell me to sit in the house.
Through work i've met thousands of people in the last 6 months.

The app doesn’t mean you sit in the house.It means if you caught it on say a bus you can get tested and the other s on the bus can be informed.That way we can get on top of this quick er.

The app doesn’t mean you sit in the house.It means if you caught it on say a bus you can get tested and the other s on the bus can be informed.That way we can get on top of this quick er.

If me staying in the house saves a life then I’m up for it.

It would be helpful to know who I saved though. If the app did that maybe phones wouldn’t get binned.

If me staying in the house saves a life then I’m up for it.

It would be helpful to know who I saved though. If the app did that maybe phones wouldn’t get binned.
I pretty sure the app doesn't give access to photos. You'll be fine.

I pretty sure the app doesn't give access to photos. You'll be fine.

Not my photo dafty.
But if some fcukin babe is getting saved.... she’s bound to be grateful eh?

I know that may sound a bit er.....

Couple of folk downloading the app now eh. Just in case.

This thread has been viewed 9544 times.

Your donation helps pay for our dedicated server and software support renewals. We really do appreciate it!
Goal
£100.00
Earned
£100.75
Back