• Yes

Votes: 9 24.3%
  • No

Votes: 28 75.7%

• Total voters

eckmf

I'm a Radge Donator
Bounce Radge
So, let me get this right. If you download this app you may one night when you are siting in watching the TV get some random phoning you up to say our records show that you have been in contact with someone (when and how ?) who has tested positive for Covid-19....so please stay in your house and don't go out at all for the next fortnight. Do they really think this is going to work ?
the answer to your question depends on how much you value life and I would like to think enough of us do to make it work.

eckmf

I'm a Radge Donator
Bounce Radge
It's the app announced by the scottish government yesterday I am on about. I don't trust Johnson's mob either.
What is the trust question involving this app? Is it not about helping us get out of this shitstorm? Or is there something more sinister at play? The reason I ask is I am really struggling to understand all the no votes. Am I the only person concerned about the thousands dying in the world?

PILTONSTANY

Shameless Radge
Bounce Radge
What is the trust question involving this app? Is it not about helping us get out of this shitstorm? Or is there something more sinister at play? The reason I ask is I am really struggling to understand all the no votes. Am I the only person concerned about the thousands dying in the world?
The App is being run by a company that sells data,the fear would be that down the line our H-ealth data will be sold off to insurance and private companies.
Some folk are easy about this and others aren’t,it’s down to the individual.

My Dad is 76 and doesn’t own a smartphone,If he gets ill then he’ll phone the doctor.

PILTONSTANY

Shameless Radge
Bounce Radge
Sounds about par for the course.
What is in essence a very good plan, potentially ruined by the obstinacy and stupidity of 'our' government.
Yip.
It’s no the App per se that folk are against,it’s the way a Gov advisor has mysteriously been awarded it without going out to tender and the track record of the company involved.

Purple & Green

Radge McRadge
Admin
I think my personal information would be safer with my govt., of whichever persuasion, than it is with Apple or Google so those of us who already use apps, online banking, even Amazon or search engines have very little left to hide. This is why I've little time for political dogmatism, when it comes to shit like this. The tories suggest it so labour supporters wont do it on principal and vice versa. If it's going to get us back tae fitba', pubs and everything else we enjoy safely and quicker then IMO it would be daft not to.
I think my personal information would be safer with my govt., of whichever persuasion, than it is with Apple or Google so those of us who already use apps, online banking, even Amazon or search engines have very little left to hide. This is why I've little time for political dogmatism, when it comes to shit like this. The tories suggest it so labour supporters wont do it on principal and vice versa. If it's going to get us back tae fitba', pubs and everything else we enjoy safely and quicker then IMO it would be daft not to.
its a bit more than political dogma - even the Tory press are turning on the government over this catastrophe. The government will have wiped out 80,000 people at least by their action and inaction in the first wave. Forgive me for being extremely sceptical that this government can be trusted when all the evidence of my own eyes tells me they can’t.

I’m fundamental nationalist, but I’d apply the same logic if the Scottish government produced an app too. I’m far from convinced they’ve performed to a satisfactory standard either.

Daddy 'O' Hibee

The Hibee Radge
Bounce Radge
You come across as passionate about introducing the app to help eliminate the virus, opinions? Your not the only one concerned about this dreadful virus, we're all in it together. Hopefully get it sorted for the future of all our families.

shankssaysno

Bounce Radge
To think that these people , care about us is laughable. Ram their app , and anyone who thinks this is a good thing wait till our working rites etc are finished (just lucky you have a job) I work in the care sector and our governing body Sssc has already told us we will work where and when across the sector , whatever the department , and all the qualifications needed and being registered for new staff , well they get 6 months before having to be registered , that means anyone can get a job in care , that means no police checks no SVQ , they could be anyone and able to work with vulnerable people. So from strict guidelines on entry to care sector now none for the first 6 months of a new contract. I don't download any app's .

Amsterdam

Bounce Radge
I can see this argument from both sides although I voted yes. Anyone who thinks it’s just google maps tracking us, then just go on YouTube & watch a tutorial on how to switch off all hidden settings in your phone, takes about ten minutes. Also, anyone seen the movie Snowden? If a govt wants to know something about us there isn’t a lot we can do to stop it. The issue will be with the responsible use of the app, whether it’s hacked is one potential problem. Another is false or malicious reporting.
I am willing to try anything to stop this. My thoughts are not about the here & now, I am concerned about the coming autumn winter & want us all to be as prepared as we can. The publicity around it will likely see it fail, also it’s useless without the support network of the 18,000 recruits & the ability to test at an appropriate rate.

Jack

Bounce Radge
Further to my earlier posts casting doubts on the app the UK Government has chosen.

The NHSs in England and Scotland each have a thing called the apps library, not sure what the official name is. All official NHS apps must pass tests to be allowed into these libraries unsurprisingly. This app has not passed the tests needed so sits outside the library and I suppose not endorsed by the NHS. Not quite sure the reasons for this but sets off alarm bells me!

There's also growing concern in legal circles over the legality of how the app gathers the information and how its stored. I've read that once you say you think have the virus the information the app holds is downloaded to a government database. Its held there for as long as the government wish to keep it, it becomes their property and they can pass it on without the users consent.

Despite assurances the app cannot run in the background of your phone. So it will run in the foreground and knacker the users battery.

Still a no from me then although I did waver a bit after the OP.

Jamie

Admin
So, let me get this right. If you download this app you may one night when you are siting in watching the TV get some random phoning you up to say our records show that you have been in contact with someone (when and how ?) who has tested positive for Covid-19....so please stay in your house and don't go out at all for the next fortnight. Do they really think this is going to work ?
No, the app will tell you if you have.

If a user or contact declares they have become ill (there is no requirement to have a test) it will send notifications to everybody on that list advising them to self-isolate.
So your phone will have all these keys stored from other peoples phones...(providing they have the same app installed)

If one of those people hit the i am self isolating button on the app it will then send a notification to every single person that has that persons " key " and ask you to self isolate.

Jamie

Admin
Fuck no, not downloading that pish. It’s no more deadly than the regular flu IMO.
Tell that to 29k deed 🙄 flu kills aye but not on this scale.

I wont use it either, simple measures here, keep yer distance, wash well and dinnae touch your face.

SuperTortolano

Bounce Radge
Tell that to 29k deed 🙄 flu kills aye but not on this scale.

I wont use it either, simple measures here, keep yer distance, wash well and dinnae touch your face.
I was looking at the numbers in the US and there are many “gray” areas. I looked at the numbers directly from the CDC and they are basically adding deaths by influenza and pneumonia in to the COVID numbers. I’m not a conspiracy theorist, but started looking at the facts for myself. Straight from the CDC website, influenzas killed 79,000 people in the US, with almost a million people hospitalized by it. I’m not saying it’s not deadly, it just doesn’t worry me and don’t believe it’s as deadly as made out to be.

2431FB8A-BE50-45EA-8F7C-FAA2E431F312.jpeg

Sir Shrink

Quite a bit past it radge
Bounce Radge
I was looking at the numbers in the US and there are many “gray” areas. I looked at the numbers directly from the CDC and they are basically adding deaths by influenza and pneumonia in to the COVID numbers. I’m not a conspiracy theorist, but started looking at the facts for myself. Straight from the CDC website, influenzas killed 79,000 people in the US, with almost a million people hospitalized by it. I’m not saying it’s not deadly, it just doesn’t worry me and don’t believe it’s as deadly as made out to be.

View attachment 2522

OK then.

aggie

Justified Radge
Bounce Radge
It's my fucking opinion for fuck sake, nothing insensitive at all.
I agree with you, ST, inasmuch as the crucial difference between Covid and seasonal flu is that there is a vaccine and effective treatments for the latter and not for the former.

Currently, it seems to me that most strategies – and indeed most thinking – are founded on the assumption that a vaccine is guaranteed to arrive. That worries me, because it plainly isn't (guaranteed, that is - obvs it might arrive). We seem unwilling to accept that science, well, might not come up with the magic bullet.

Following on from that, now even the most benign line of enquiry that asks "well, if it doesn't, what then?", and worries regarding the destruction being wrought on the economy, is generally met with "YOU DON'T CARE ABOUT LIVES, DO YOU?"

It's maddening, not to mention infantile. As if "lives" and "the economy" can be meaningfully separated anyway in terms of public policy. Marx himself would be mystified at the separation of the two, equally so that this separation is envisaged by the self-same people who frothed with righteous anger at 100s of thousands of deaths being caused by austerity. Austerity is pretty soon going to look like a wistfully-remembered Babylon compared to the Great Depression that's currently coming down the pipe.

I can feel myself just withdrawing from any dialogue, because I'm sick of being treated like some kind of swivel-eyed murderous loon for expressing reservations I consider to be perfectly reasonable.

SuperTortolano

Bounce Radge
I agree with you, ST, inasmuch as the crucial difference between Covid and seasonal flu is that there is a vaccine and effective treatments for the latter and not for the former.

Currently, it seems to me that most strategies – and indeed most thinking – are founded on the assumption that a vaccine is guaranteed to arrive. That worries me, because it plainly isn't (guaranteed, that is - obvs it might arrive). We seem unwilling to accept that science, well, might not come up with the magic bullet.

Following on from that, now even the most benign line of enquiry that asks "well, if it doesn't, what then?", and worries regarding the destruction being wrought on the economy, is generally met with "YOU DON'T CARE ABOUT LIVES, DO YOU?"

It's maddening, not to mention infantile. As if "lives" and "the economy" can be meaningfully separated anyway in terms of public policy. Marx himself would be mystified at the separation of the two, equally so that this separation is envisaged by the self-same people who frothed with righteous anger at 100s of thousands of deaths being caused by austerity. Austerity is pretty soon going to look like a wistfully-remembered Babylon compared to the Great Depression that's currently coming down the pipe.

I can feel myself just withdrawing from any dialogue, because I'm sick of being treated like some kind of swivel-eyed murderous loon for expressing reservations I consider to be perfectly reasonable.
I've avoided much of the debate too, even when sticking with the facts you are shot down in flames. I simply don't trust anything that comes out of the MSM, the headlines and numbers are so miss leading. Last year infants, young children and regular folks all died of the regular flu. Not a peep from the media. All of a sudden we are hearing about every death that's out with the normal age range and scaring the majority. Personally I'm no more scared of this COVID than I am of the regular flu.

Once this is all said and done, people will catch viruses left right and center after this quarrntine. We rely on being in contact with bacteria that our immune system builds up and fights against. Most people immune systems will be shot to shit.

Visit Frutin Travel Visit Robertsons Garage

Donate

Help The Bounce, Bounce

We are looking for users to donate to reach our shortfall of £100 per month to pay for the server, we realise that users may not be able to with this nasty virus, but if can, it would be very much appriecated ? We have had some cancellations on Direct Debits sadly. If you wish to set up a DD then please do so via the UPGRADES section. Stay Safe, The Bounce.
Goal
£100.00
Earned
£10.00
This donation drive ends in
Visit Frutin Travel Visit Robertsons Garage

The Bounce is 18 Years Old