Will you download the Covid-19 app?

• Yes

Votes: 9 24.3%
  • No

Votes: 28 75.7%

• Total voters

Jack

Bounce Radge
There was a short discussion on this on one of the other covid related threads. A bit late to turn it into a poll though.

Make your own mind up, as I'm sure you will.

EDIT. Scottish Government MAY be going down their own route but hasn't made up its mind yet. The UK version is still an option.

Last edited:

Jack

Bounce Radge
I'm very keen to do all I can to help the UK get through this crisis.

However there is no way I would consider downloading an app produced by the people. The way this one has procured is extremely dubious - at best. It just seems all as dodgy as fuck.

So unless it becomes a legal requirement to do so I'll pass.

Greenmachine

Bounce Radge
I'm still confused as to how it is supposed to work and how it will benefit us in suppressing this virus ? Even after watching the scottish government press conference today I am still none the wiser. In fairness, i'm a bit of a thicko when it comes to anything digital.

Jamie

Admin
Not a fucking chance. So you "drive" to say the shops and pass a covid zone and the app picks you up and you need to isolate, no fecking danger.

Amsterdam

Bounce Radge
Not a fucking chance. So you "drive" to say the shops and pass a covid zone and the app picks you up and you need to isolate, no fecking danger.
If that is the way it works I will be changing the way I just voted. As I understand it though, you will need to be within 2 meters of a covid19 carrier for a period of 15 minutes. I don’t believe it trips if you briefly go past a carrier. I could be wrong J, it wouldn’t be the first time

Jamie

Admin
If that is the way it works I will be changing the way I just voted. As I understand it though, you will need to be within 2 meters of a covid19 carrier for a period of 15 minutes. I don’t believe it trips if you briefly go past a carrier. I could be wrong J, it wouldn’t be the first time
I dunno tbh mate, that is just my thinking of how it would work, if its within 2m then I will change my vote too and rant lol

eckmf

I'm a Radge Donator
Bounce Radge
If it aids the country to get back to some sort of normality then it’s a nobrainer then again I don’t suffer from any sort of paranoia

Jamie

Admin
No para here :lookaround:

If its implemented correctly then all good.

If not then yer isolating 7-8-9-10 times in a year?

GORDONSMITH7

**** The Hearts
Admin
I'm very keen to do all I can to help the UK get through this crisis.

However there is no way I would consider downloading an app produced by the people. The way this one has procured is extremely dubious - at best. It just seems all as dodgy as fuck.

So unless it becomes a legal requirement to do so I'll pass.

BIG G

PILTONSTANY

Shameless Radge
Bounce Radge
If it only alerts you once you’ve spent 15 mins near someone with symptoms then why are we social distancing in shops etc now,15 mins suggests you’ve a very low chance of catching it unless you spend the whole time next to someone.

In the workplace and on public transport it seems a decent idea as you’re confined for a decent amount of time.

As almost every other country in Europe is using a different type of App for this then i’m probably a no.

paigntonhibby

Bounce Radge
I dont get all the No's. From what I understand its the safest app that'll be on your phone compared tae a' the other shite we store on them. I'd certainly want tae know if I've been in contact with a covid carrier.

PILTONSTANY

Shameless Radge
Bounce Radge
I dont get all the No's. From what I understand its the safest app that'll be on your phone compared tae a' the other shite we store on them. I'd certainly want tae know if I've been in contact with a covid carrier.
From a privacy point of view you’re wanting Apple or Google to be behind the Apps rather than GCHQ and the Government....

paigntonhibby

Bounce Radge
As almost every other country in Europe is using a different type of App for this then i’m probably a no.
Your right, almost every other country is using a different app, but most of them are also different from each other. France and Ireland are considering using a similar app .Apple and google will hold information about you and with this app the govt wont. Also as far as I can make out it was the NHS that knocked back apple and google and GCHQ were only advisory to iron out problems.

Visit Frutin Travel Visit Robertsons Garage

Donate

Help The Bounce, Bounce

We are looking for users to donate to reach our shortfall of £100 per month to pay for the server, we realise that users may not be able to with this nasty virus, but if can, it would be very much appriecated ? We have had some cancellations on Direct Debits sadly. If you wish to set up a DD then please do so via the UPGRADES section. Stay Safe, The Bounce.
Goal
£100.00
Earned
£10.00
This donation drive ends in
Visit Frutin Travel Visit Robertsons Garage

The Bounce is 18 Years Old