• Guest, The HibeesBounce invites you to enter our Monthly Draw...

Enter our Monthly Draw Here

GGTTH

• hibeesbounce

Half Time Draw Who owns the Stadium?

beefy

Easy Now Radge
Private Member
Reaction score
Simple question. But I see every part of Hibs is mentioned except ER Stadium itself. [emoji848]

Sent from my E5823 using Tapatalk

Asked this very question on another thread

Hibs do,we’ve had ownership since 1997

Hibs do. And now they own the ticket office and the rest of the land at HTC too. My understanding is that HFC holdings (owned by Sir Tom and Rod) previously owned two thirds of Hibs (down from c.90% as a result of the share issue) plus that bit of land and the ticket office. Now the ownership of the land and ticket office is transferred to the club I essentially own part of it, as a small shareholder and HSL member. Effectively by clearing the debt and moving those assets into the club he's increased the value of the fans shareholding by over a million quid. Not that it's worth anything in practice but even still.

Thank you. I was asked this today by a Hun. He told me that the only reason that Ronnie Gordon was buying Hibs was because he wanted the land at ER cos "land is prime in Embra the noo." I said why did he not just buy land at Granton or that big hole at Haymarket? Ehhhhh...

Told me tae" shut up ya Feinan fucker! " [emoji1787]

Keep posting the reasons why and I'll terrorise him tmrw with answers. Ta [emoji106]

Hearing that the stadium wasnt up for sale nor part of the deal.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

Hearing that the stadium wasnt up for sale nor part of the deal.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk
Gordon buys the club then the stadium is part of the club no?

"Sir Tom brought the stadium back into the ownership of the Club and presided over the complete transformation of Easter Road Stadium into a UEFA compliant 20,000 all seated stadium."

Gordon buys the club then the stadium is part of the club no?

"Sir Tom brought the stadium back into the ownership of the Club and presided over the complete transformation of Easter Road Stadium into a UEFA compliant 20,000 all seated stadium."

The stadium was brought back into the ownership of the club many years ago. Ron Gordon has bought a controlling interest in Hibernian Football Club which I would have thought would therefore include the stadium.

The stadium was brought back into the ownership of the club many years ago. Ron Gordon has bought a controlling interest in Hibernian Football Club which I would have thought would therefore include the stadium.
That's what I thought mate but with no mention of it then it can cause unnecessary doubt [emoji848]

I don't think for one minute that Gordon has bought the football team, the training centre, the land that comes with that, all the staff and also the ticket office but not the stadium itself. Green Sleeves above seems to think so though, I find that strange especially when Gordon has already said there are things to be done to improve the stadium...

That's what I thought mate but with no mention of it then it can cause unnecessary doubt [emoji848]

I don't think for one minute that Gordon has bought the football team, the training centre, the land that comes with that, all the staff and also the ticket office but not the stadium itself. Green Sleeves above seems to think so though, I find that strange especially when Gordon has already said there are things to be done to improve the stadium...

Something that needs to be clarified I think.

Something that needs to be clarified I think.
Exactly. I've got huns saying the only reason he bought Hibs was to get his hands on the land at ER and it will be sold toot sweet then he'll fuck off into the sunset [emoji550]

I thought it was just the gunts who were bricking it tae. [emoji11] Feathers are ruffled in full fat and diet Hun lands. And I'm Fuckin loving it! [emoji41]

Exactly. I've got huns saying the only reason he bought Hibs was to get his hands on the land at ER and it will be sold toot sweet then he'll fuck off into the sunset [emoji550]

I thought it was just the gunts who were bricking it tae. [emoji11] Feathers are ruffled in full fat and diet Hun lands. And I'm Fuckin loving it! [emoji41]

Christ they’re scraping the barrel with pathetic jealousy are they not ?

The stadium being part of the football club happened so long ago that I would expect it never crossed anyone's mind to mention it.

Hibs very much simplified their ownership structure and asset structure and gave a decent financial boost to the football side of the club with this takeover and so far I am struggling to see any downsides.

Ron's a Republican (or was) but that's yer lot....so far.

The only trouble with that scenario is that we, the fans, own a third of the club. Asset stripping businessmen tend to want to look for opportunities where they can either own the club outright or work in concert with other dodgy businessmen. I wonder if your hun chums can think of any clubs that meet that description...

This thread has been viewed 1868 times.

Your donation helps pay for our dedicated server and software support renewals. We really do appreciate it!
Goal
£100.00
Earned
£47.50