• Guest, The HibeesBounce invites you to enter our Monthly Draw...

Enter our Monthly Draw Here

GGTTH

• hibeesbounce

Who now?

He has done a good job at Hamilton, for whatever reason though i don't think he will be in the frame.

I just wondered. We won’t be touching him with a barge pole.

Why does no one suggest Brian Rice?

Bet there's a good reason.

Fitba folk ken what's going oan.

Some rather worrying names being shortlisted in the press which I hope is mere scaremongering - Jim Magilton, the Australian National team coach, Edinburgh City boss....! Lets not do anything rash here

Screenshot_20191105-123854_Twitter.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Some rather worrying names being shortlisted in the press which I hope is mere scaremongering - Jim Magilton, the Australian National team coach, Edinburgh City boss....! Lets not do anything rash here
None of them will be in the frame. James McDonagh in few years maybe. He has done a great job at Edinburgh City but he will need to cut his cloth at at least two much higher level clubs before he would be in with a chance of landing the Hibs job at any time. Good lad though and a huge Hibs man.

Do any of the senior players (Gray, McGregor, Whittaker etc) have their coaching badges?

PQ123

Would be more than happy with Jack Ross. His St Mirren side - languishing at the bottom of the table - outplayed Neil Lennon's Hibs home and away at the tail end of the 2016/17 season.

Failing that, Strachan and A.N.Other combo could work with a view to the younger guy taking the reigns in the long term. This is probably the less risky option come to think of it.

Jack Ross would be my choice too - the only problem is that he took a while at both Alloa and St. Mirren to get things clicking, and I wonder if we have three or four months to play with whilst he beds in, or would those months prove terminal?

None of them will be in the frame. James McDonagh in few years maybe. He has done a great job at Edinburgh City but he will need to cut his cloth at at least two much higher level clubs before he would be in with a chance of landing the Hibs job at any time. Good lad though and a huge Hibs man.
Pedantic moment (I think)... you're the second one here talking about managers to say "cut his cloth"... but I think you mean "cut his teeth", don't you?

But if your circumstances change, you then "cut your cloth accordingly".

Or have I been abroad too long? :102:

I would take Collins back the guy wants to see fitba played the right way .
Jack Ross would be my choice too - the only problem is that he took a while at both Alloa and St. Mirren to get things clicking, and I wonder if we have three or four months to play with whilst he beds in, or would those months prove terminal?
This fact applies to any successful candidate. Fans could turn after a few games. Pressures on at Hibs. This group of players need to get motivated and organised.

Do any of the senior players (Gray, McGregor, Whittaker etc) have their coaching badges?

PQ123

Whitty does.
Daz and Sir David are currently doing so, along with Bartman

Steve Clarke might be available after the international break!

Steve Clarke might be available after the international break!
I wouldn’t mind him,

Fitba folk ken what's going oan.
As a non fitba folk.What's going oan?

John Collins with Kenny Miller.

That's if they can stand each other.

Pedantic moment (I think)... you're the second one here talking about managers to say "cut his cloth"... but I think you mean "cut his teeth", don't you?

Aye...your right !...not having a good day !

I assure you I understand why you would say get rid of so-called scouts and coaches but if we did that then we'd be leaving ourselves wide open to allowing every other club to get well ahead of us because they have no intention of clearing out their scouting and coaching staff. Up until the PHB debacle, we have had a good return from our scouts and coaches, imo. George Craig and his squad were responsible for getting Stubbs and Lennon; aye, okay, Leanne as well. Coaches-wise, May, Murray, Makel and their squad of Combe, Evans, Nishy and others are all well respected, as our youngsters are still amongst the best, and now that the inflexible PHB had gone, I would expect the likes of Fraser Murray, Innes Murray, Ben Stirling and one or two others to be pushed towards the first team squad. I'm not an apologist for our scouts and coaches, but I do think PHB's tenure has tarred everyone with the same brush. As others have said elsewhere in the discussions on the amount of staff we have, a lot of very good work goes on by people who get little or no praise or recognition for what they do.
I get what you’re saying but the youngsters coming through really are not that great. I’d be surprised if the ones you have mentoined make it as regular first team players.
As for The scouts I personally haven’t been impressed by any of our permanent signings for a long time. McNulty and Omeonga were both loans who we couldn’t retain. We haven’t had good transfer windows the maybe last 3 occasions and Hecky continued with the mediocre results that Lennon was getting before he left. I just think the problem lies than more with just the manager.

I get what you’re saying but the youngsters coming through really are not that great. I’d be surprised if the ones you have mentoined make it as regular first team players.
As for The scouts I personally haven’t been impressed by any of our permanent signings for a long time. McNulty and Omeonga were both loans who we couldn’t retain. We haven’t had good transfer windows the maybe last 3 occasions and Hecky continued with the mediocre results that Lennon was getting before he left. I just think the problem lies than more with just the manager.
And I totally respect your take on things. But I feel we have perhaps two or three youngsters who are knocking at the door. Another Bouncer was at the Development game today and he was pleased with the performance of a few of them. I feel the youngsters have been given practically no encouragement these last six months. PHB had a few in the early-season friendlies, but they got no further, but I would prefer to "persevere" with a coupla our own laddies than watch the guff served up by some of his signings.

I have no idea where Hibs are gonna go next but like a few others I don't want Stubbs. His league performance wasn't great.

After hearing Sunderland fans tell us Jack Ross is negative and play's one up front and gets mainly draws. Just had and got rid of that so no thanks.

Strachan I think can sometimes be a wee dick tae. I remember watching him in after game interviews and he came accross an arrogant wee fudd. His record ain't great either beyond Celtic.

John Collins I say why not? One thing we will get is fitness plus "passing, moving and tempo". But I feel he has unfinished business and knows the Scottish game.

My outsider would be Scott Gemill. Currently at Scotland u21s and surely knows a few hungry young Scottish players we could scoop up. A risk maybe worth taking.

John Hughes can GTF

Disagree with your comment on Stubbs. The football was better under him than Lennon in the Championship. And Lennon only gained 1 point more...

The rest - I agree with ?

Cut your losses. Got rid of Heckingbottom!

In a relationship?

If players are as unfit as a lot of people suggest and people want to see good attractive football why wouldn't John Collins be a candidate.
Okay he may have been out the game for a while but it's not like he'd be playing he'd still know how to manage a team.
Okay we all know he likes things done his way but if a manager knows what he's doing it's his job to manage and the players to do as they're told. It didn't work with Heckingbottom sure but he was clueless.
Training twice a day with the ball at your feet isn't a bad thing, we're not talking about running up and down Gullane sand dunes.
He has bags of experience as a player, internationalist, club level home and abroad.
Don't think you'd get the the players rebellion that happened when Broonie and Riordan were there and I think the board would back him this time.

I would nae gamble on him.

For those asking for Collins to return, what would be any different? He's another like Lennon that grew frustrated with the clubs limitations and the fact he couldn't get the signings he was after. His man management skills are also questionable with the player revolt. He's been out of the game for a while now and his record at club level is worse than Jack Ross. I can't see the appeal in bringing him back.

For those asking for Collins to return, what would be any different? He's another like Lennon that grew frustrated with the clubs limitations and the fact he couldn't get the signings he was after. His man management skills are also questionable with the player revolt. He's been out of the game for a while now and his record at club level is worse than Jack Ross. I can't see the appeal in bringing him back.
He didn't get the signings he was after because he didn't tell the club what signings he wanted.

He was asked to provide a list of players but nothing was given to the club before he left.

EEN saying today Hibs are "open to a foreign manager" and won't be rushing the appointment. Personally I really hope we don't go down the foreign route. I can never understand why clubs in this country have such a fascination with bringing in managers from abroad. There are plenty of very good scottish managers...for me we need someone in who knows the scottish game.

EEN saying today Hibs are "open to a foreign manager" and won't be rushing the appointment. Personally I really hope we don't go down the foreign route. I can never understand why clubs in this country have such a fascination with bringing in managers from abroad. There are plenty of very good scottish managers...for me we need someone in who knows the scottish game.

Let's be honest, it's always a lottery when a new manager is chosen....there's been great foreign coaches and bad Scottish ones as well as the other way around. As long as they try and instill a reasonably attractive football philosophy I'll be happy enough, no matter where they're from.

I don’t think where the manager was born is the issue; it’s not having experience of Scottish football prior is the big no-no for me.

and this is the bit I don't get - ask our recruitment team about any player playing in England and they would have info on them. I don’t think phb was bothered about the Scottish market prior to him coming here - and there’s a lot of players in our team that would have strengthenedhis championship sides.

Just paper talk.
Hibs tell the gutter press fcukall. And rightly so. The way the SSM report on our club is nothing short of a disgrace with their weedgiecentric attitude.

Some 'reporter' will have been fishing and Hibs will either ignore or play with a straight bat.
"We are open to anyone who we think will do a good job"

Hardly a scoop, but bored journos will attempt to turn it into a "Hibs havenae learned their lesson and they won't employ anyone who knows about Scottish fitba'."

I don't care who the manager is - I just want a football team again.

In a relationship?
I've nae idea.I dinnae read the red tops.

What I do know is Collins would get the squad fitter than they have ever been and I think Miller is a sensible type who could make a good assistant.

What I do know is Collins would get the squad fitter than they have ever been and I think Miller is a sensible type who could make a good assistant.

Was it not Roger Propos who was the fitness guru?
Collins brought him in from Fulham and he was a real gym bunny.

I hope we don't go overseas for a training camp. They never work for us.

Auld pals network swinging in behind Yogi lol

Yesterday it was Kano, today it's Brian Rice!

Can Hibs not just give the Former Players Association more feckin freebies?

I honestly think Kenny Miller would do a decent job for us on the park just now let alone coaching

Auld pals network swinging in behind Yogi lol

Yesterday it was Kano, today it's Brian Rice!

Can Hibs not just give the Former Players Association more feckin freebies?

TBF Yogi has a decent CV. However, he's not now right for us IMO.

I've nae idea.I dinnae read the red tops.
Very wise.

David Stendel sounds interesting Daniel Stendel is standout candidate for Hibs job despite Barnsley sacking, says former Easter Road midfielder

not bothered re knowledge of scottish game, think Roger or Grant Murray could provide that as possible first team coaches.

This thread has been viewed 18679 times.

Your donation helps pay for our dedicated server and software support renewals. We really do appreciate it!
Goal
£100.00
Earned
£47.50